Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ICON RF Remote  (Read 12621 times)

woodndust

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ICON RF Remote
« on: June 22, 2010, 03:49:15 PM »

DON'T BUY THIS IF YOU WANT TO CONTROL A DVR - IT DOESN'T WORK AND I VERIFIED THAT WITH THEIR TECH SUPPORT.  IT ALSO DOESN'T WORK ON THE SOCIAL VERSION OF THE REMOTE.  AND NOW TO RETURN IT THE WANT A 15% RESTOCKING FEE SINCE IT IS OVER 30 DAYS.  I WOULD RECOMMEND GOING ELSEWHERE FOR YOUR X10 ITEMS.  THEIR SUPPORT STINKS

woodndust

Re: ICON RF Remote
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 03:51:32 PM »

You cannot program a DVR into these remotes.  They won't work properly for the DVR.  This has been verified with their tech support.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 04:44:06 PM »

Gee, I can control both of my Panasonic DVRs just fine with it.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 05:59:40 PM »

What brand DVR?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 06:50:20 PM »

AND I VERIFIED THAT WITH THEIR TECH SUPPORT.    THEIR SUPPORT STINKS
Quit shouting and double posting, we can hear you.

Apparantly it depends who you get in Tech Support. A "few" folks have found TS to be good.

Do you mean the Icon can not even "learn" the commands for the DVR?

I am still hoping X10 develops a computer interface for the Icon. Not only would it make programming much easier but would also allow X10 to upgrade the Icon with new Remote codes as manufacturers add new products/features.

Yoohoo...x10 guys, you listenin? ....I didn't think so.   >*<
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

woodndust

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 07:05:54 AM »

Jeff - Do you have a IR remote, the original one?  I have one of those and it works perfectly.  The RF version will not handle a DVR.

Brian - I have a Panasonic and a Philips

Dave - You can program the main keys and side keys all you want.  When you then select  "MODE" and then "DVR" you are not sent to the DVR but to the "HOME MENU".  You cannot get the DVR display.  The home menu shows "DVR" on the bottom but you don't get the side keys menu.  I have gone around on this with Tech Support, including 2nd level.  The confirmed this problem with both the RF and SOCIAL versions of the ICON Remote but the original IR remote, which I also have but wanted to add RF,  works just fine.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 11:35:11 AM »

I have a beta version of the ICON RF remote.  Even from the beginning it did control my Panasonic DMR-E100H.  Obviously, it didn't have all the buttons that are on the Panasonic remote, but it had most everything needed for normal operation.  A couple of the functions were not on the expected buttons.

I do not have a production version of the remote.  My daughter has taken over the ICON, so I'm back to using the Toshiba TV remote for both that and the DVR.  So offhand I can't tell you what functions were not labeled correctly.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.