Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard Sees Only Highest Camera Address  (Read 9815 times)

survey_sez

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard Sees Only Highest Camera Address
« on: July 04, 2010, 09:57:52 AM »

i saw deast and culbrz posts which my problem is similar to - but not exactly - so i decided to start a new thread:

i've just installed vanguard pro and a va12a under windows 7. im using a cm15a controller, and xc10a/xm10a cameras/addressable ac adapters. all of the hardware works fine under ahp.

currently, i am only able to view the video from the camera with the highest address. all cameras appear in the software, and you can select all of the cameras. but the video displayed is only the video from the camera/adressable ac adapter with the highest address.

any suggestions?

have a great 4th of july everyone!  >!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:04:54 AM by survey_sez »

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: Vanguard Sees Only Highest Camera Address
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »

Generally, the reason one camera shows, and others do not, is that when another camera is selected, the power supplies are not receiving the power line commands to turn off and on.

[I just re-read your post and think I know the answer...]   -:)

Come to think of it... I don't think Vanguard supports the CM-15A.  I've only seen it used with the CM-19A, and thr X10 WIKI makes no mention of the CM-15A with Vanguard.

OK, maybe I'm wrong again...  B:(
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=17272.0

Now I am stumped so just disregard my comments......   ???
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 07:49:11 PM by nybuck »
>!

survey_sez

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 08:50:06 PM »

i suspect it might have something to do with the way the va12a has messed up the usb interfaces on my computer. since i've installed the va12a i notice i have to boot a couple of times in the morning for my usb mouse to work. that never happened prior to the va12a. but then if that were the case, i would expect ahp to show the same symptom..........

guess what?! B:(

i wish i wish i wish someone who has successfuly used another (non va12a) video capture device could tell me so... :'(

nybuck

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 10:14:09 PM »

Now in that post I referenced above, he does say that AHP messes up the Vanguard software...
Have you tried rebooting and trying the Vanguard first?

Just a guess.....   :-\
>!

survey_sez

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 10:36:51 PM »

my problem occurs when ahp is not running. yes - i beleive you cannot run them at the same time, but i'm not doing that.

mjgood

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 05:28:19 PM »

Make sure that everything is plugged in and that everything is set to the proper channels.

I ran into the same problem once. It turns out that some decoder (I'm out of the office right now so I can't tell which one) was unplugged, and the wireless receiver was only sending signals from the camera with the best signal. To test for this you can unplug the camera that's showing up; if a different camera then picks up it's not because of the weak signal, it's because the decoder thingy isn't plugged in. It's kinda confusing because the decoder thingy has no wires attached to it, only an antenna and I think a knob to set which channel you want to use.

survey_sez

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 06:32:35 PM »

i just verified that ahp works fine with this same hardware configuration. so - it's probably one of 2 things;

1) vanguard doesn't like windows 7
2) vanguard doesn't work with cm15a

all hardware works fine with the ahp software. so the problem has absolutely nothing to do with the hardware.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:54:21 PM by survey_sez »

nybuck

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 11:12:11 AM »

Looks like you answered your own question....   :'

And seeing as how there hasn't been an update to the Vanguard software in 7 years...
http://www.x10.com/support/rev_vanguard.htm

The last update they did was to make Vanguard ICC work with Windows 98!   B:(
>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.