Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: VA12A and Windows 7- The USB Killer  (Read 102157 times)

Dragnet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: VA12A and Windows 7- The USB Killer
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2010, 10:32:51 PM »

did u see this post dragnet?

Re: VANGARD ERROR _Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 11:21:05 AM »
I was getting the same error "Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem...."

I followed the suggestion by Catfish
Go to C:\ My Images
renamed that folder to what ever you want.
Start vanguard. It created a new My Images folder. I deleted the renamed one later.

I did this & it did create a new My Images folder, but it did not fix the software issue...

Dragnet

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2010, 11:58:25 PM »

OK.....here's the deal
First I restored my desktop to 11-16.......
I installed the new Version V2.6, (mind you on that on Tuesday they sent me V1.1). IN CRE DI BLE!
Aaaaanyways, the new version even turned off my spy ware automatically, (I had to do it with the V1.1).....
It asked for the VA12A to be installed & when I did. it installed the DRIVER! (No AHP was needed)
I can see the video from my  pan -tilt camera, (it seemed to link wirelessly & autimatically)......I'M STOKED! :)%
Do you guys know of a link to the instructions for installing/setting up my quad camera USB/DVR System? (that's what they call it)_
I don't want to proceed without going step by step........................tomorrow after a good nights sleep.....(Florida)
Thanls for getting me this far guys..
Ozzy

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2010, 08:51:45 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS  OZZIE!!!!!

Dragnet

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »

Thanks. :)%
Do you know of a link to the instructions for installing/setting up my quad camera USB/DVR System? (that's what they call it)_
I don't want to proceed without going step by step.............

mike

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2010, 01:50:14 PM »

no clue.  maybe someone else will.

but i suspect u r far enough along now to do it uyrself!  good luck!

Dragnet

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »

Today I tried to install camera #2, but while the image come in & out, (it switches between the cameras), I don't know how to do it on my own, (manually),...or hold it on 1 or the other
I still can't believe that NO instructions, (AT ALL), were included with this kit.........
I guess X 10 wants you to come on line & figure it out..?
On my Vanguard it shows camera A 1, but no A 2 to switch/toggle too? ???

I also searched on-line for install instructions, but could not locate any........Damn it

Dragnet

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2010, 06:22:10 PM »

Dragnet

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2010, 08:48:36 PM »

Update: I installed camera 2 & 3, that site was very helpful......... :)%
Having a bit of interfearance, but I read that this is not unusuall.... ;)
Ozzy

mike

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2010, 08:57:24 PM »

sounds like you are on a roll!

Dragnet

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2010, 10:31:12 PM »

Update: My reception, was piss poor to say the least on camera 2 & 3, (2 is mounted at the rear door & 3 at my front door), so I put a tiny L bracket up high in the hall way & used some double sided tape to mount the receiver on it, it's allot better now.....
The only thing is that as I view my front door, (3), , Vanguard switches to my rear door, (2), automatically.....
It wont hold the front door, (3), for more than a few seconds....weird B:(
I went into Vanguard & deleted & then reinstalled camera 3, but it does the same thing, it holds for a few seconds & then switches to camera 2
Always to camera 2 & camera 1 works fine....(it doesn't wanna get involved...lol).
Tomorrow I'll install  camera 4 & see how things go, either way, I'm content....
This system seems to have a lot of bugs in it & from where I was a few days ago to today.....I'm ok with it........

mike

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2010, 07:11:18 AM »

sounds like progress.

IIRC, vangaurd has a setting to automatically scan thru the cameras; might you have that feature turned on?  Remember the basics:  the camera house/unit code has to be sent to the camera to switch it on (and the others off).  so it appears someone is sending that code!  a cool test would be to unplug the things that can send this command.  not sure what they are in ur case.  probably a rr501 rf rcvr thing plugged in (for remote rf commands) and maybe a CM15 or cm19 at the computer? 

I ultimately removed the little flat antenna on my camera rcvr unit and wired the coax to a plug on the side.  I went to ebay and bought a $ 6 hi gain 2.4ghz (wireless network) matching antenna (18db rating, like 15"long) and use it.  I went from the 10' range to having a camera on same level and around the other side outside of the garage (straightline path about 60'  thru multiple wood walls) and get a slightly snowy but acceptable pix.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2010, 07:28:48 AM »

Do you have any motion sensors?
Are they addressed in the same block of adddresses assigned to the camera control?
As mike indicated. Do you have any other RF Transceivers like a TM751 or RR501?

mike

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2010, 07:59:02 AM »

good point I missed Brian.  Dragnet, in case you are not yet aware of it, the x10 camera control stuff uses BANKS of 4 consecutive unit codes (same house code) for camera control.  so say u r using C1,C2,C3,C4 for ur 4 cameras.  If vang or u send a C3, some magic thing takes it on itself to also send C1 off, C2 off, & C4 off.  I say magic cuz I don't know who really does this.  It  may be rf out of the cameras to the others, it may be the cm15. Actually I do think it is the cameras send rf out for the others, so they need to be close enough to each other to swtich properly.  (In my case to be sure my cameras 100' from each other try to sw right, I do a ALL C OFF command in my macros before turning on the camera I want) 

Someone can tell us! 

But the bottom line is it happens.  So if you have a motion sensor as one of those group of 4 it may be changing the cameras on you.  I believe the groups are 1-4, 4-8, not sure if higher or not.

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2010, 08:17:32 AM »

The cameras are grouped in groups of 4 as Mike stated.
They can span all 16 unit codes: 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16.

Don N

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2010, 10:50:53 AM »

Dragnet ... I believe, what you've described is a symptom of not having the video receiver's antenna positioned properly.

It's important to have all your camera's antenna pointed (as best you can) toward your video receiver.  And to have your video receiver's antenna pointed at your cameras.  Since you have several cameras, at different locations, you must position your video receiver's antenna so that you get the best reception from all your cameras.  You'll have to experiment, by moving your video receiver's antenna, to get the best reception from all cameras.  It's frustrating and may take several attempts to get the antenna on the video receiver positioned properly.

You may also need to move your video receiver a little bit too.  Even moving it a couple of feet, horizontally/vertically, will have different results.  Keep your video receiver away from other devices, such as routers.

I have four cameras that are on two floors and are basically pointing in four different directions.  It took a little effort to position my video receiver so that I got good reception from all cameras.  But it can be done.   
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:08:06 AM by Don N »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.