🔌General Home Automation > Z-Wave

Z-wave compatible with....... (help) (I'd like a Schlage lock on X10 system!)

(1/2) > >>

zrmindless:
Can you guys give me a rundown of WHAT is compatible with X10? I really want a keypad/lock such as the z-wave Schlage but need to know what's compatible with what. Thanks ALLLLL!
Shawn

Brian H:
ZWave and X10 are completely different protocols and can not be mixed.
ZWave is strictly RF and has to be registered to a Master Controller to add and remove from a system.
Slave controllers can access them but not add or remove from the system.

There maybe an X10 type remote lock similar to the one you are referencing or a home automation controller that can do ZWave and X10 interfaces.

dave w:
Go to "Smarthome.com" and click on the X10 link to see just about everything using X10 protocol on the market. I do not think there are any X10 locks, although you could use X10 to activate a striker plate...but X10 isn't secure. 

nybuck:

--- Quote from: zrmindless on July 05, 2010, 11:14:23 PM ---Can you guys give me a rundown of WHAT is compatible with X10?

--- End quote ---

I'll start the list:

IBM Home Director
RCA Home Automation
Black and Decker Freewire
Radio Shack Plug-N-Power
Insteon Smarthome

What else ???

Brian H:
Black and Decker Freewire is not 100% X10 compatible. Though they where an OEM from X10.
Power line items are completely compatible.

Their RF devices are not; as they use a different frequency. So an X10 remote will not work through their Messenger Hub and their remotes will not work through an X10 Tranceiver. Though their respective remote and transceiver can control any X10 power line device.

I did like the Messenger Hubs Scene feature where you could use one button on the Master Remote to turn on or off four addresses added to the scene. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version