Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Status of XPD3-IW and WS13A in AHP  (Read 3514 times)

seansco

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Status of XPD3-IW and WS13A in AHP
« on: July 09, 2010, 09:34:54 AM »

I have 2 switches in my bathroom.  A Pro XPD3-IW for the lights and a WS13A for the vent.  I have Active Home Pro and a CM15A.

Here is what I want to happen.  When I turn the light or the vent on via the hardware wall switch (just pressing the switch on the wall)  I want AHP to know that it happened so that I can fire a macro.

When these switches are pressed to they 'report' that they have been pressed?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 09:38:09 AM by seansco »

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Status of XPD3-IW and WS13A in AHP
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 09:46:39 AM »

I have 2 switches in my bathroom.  A Pro XPD3-IW for the lights and a WS13A for the vent.  I have Active Home Pro and a CM15A.

Here is what I want to happen.  When I turn the light or the vent on via the hardware wall switch (just pressing the switch on the wall)  I want AHP to know that it happened so that I can fire a macro.

When these switches are pressed to they 'report' that they have been pressed?

These are both only "1-way" switches, i.e., they respond to X10 powerline signals but have no transmitting capability and don't send out a signal when the button is pressed.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:00:56 AM »

Leviton, SmartHome, and perhaps others, make switches that do transmit their status, but they are MUCH more expensive than the X10 switches.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Mel99

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 10:01:47 AM »

I have a very similar setup in my bathroom.  WS12A for the lights and XPS3-IW for the fan.  I also have a MS14A motion sensor.  When someone enters the bathroom, the MS14A sends the signal to the CM15A and both the lights and fan come on via a macro.  The MS14A is set to initiate the off-macro after 4 minutes if it no longer detects motion.

The fan can be turned off locally without affecting macro operation and it does not come on between 10 PM and 6 AM unless its turned on locally.

Mel

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.