Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X10 Support  (Read 27287 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: X10 Support
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 07:45:09 PM »

I'm not sure whether they explored those options, or if conditions are just so bad, or if they believe what they're doing is "just fine" and nothing's wrong.
Why should they do anything?   ...they have us carring their water for them.

I'm not complaining, as I like to help, but X10 gets A LOT of technical help out of us.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

treetop777

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 09:11:55 PM »

Hello everybody - new here.

I agree 100% with OP, from the first word come out the reps mouth, you know it's going to be a bad experience.  It's like they wan't to have the job but at the same time disgusted of having it, then here come a customer that actually want them to do something. 

I bought a CM15A a week ago, in the interum, my computer took a dump and i list the email with the link to DL the softeware and the activation code.  I received the module today. 

I have been on the phone with 3 - count them - 3 reps asking to get the link; all 3 sounded like they had just woke up on the rong side of the bed.  All of the said they would send it, but now i think they just wanted to get me off the phone because i have yet to get anything.  I even made sure they had the correct address the second time i called.

I'm about to call for the 4th time.

Support does count, i was considering buying some more stuff from them but not after this.  They should realize there are alternatives.

<end rant/venting>  ;D

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 06:10:40 AM »

No excuse for the treatment you received.

You may eventually get the links.
I never got mine on an order and it took a week to get them.
Then the links didn't work as not in the computer yet.
I again emailed them and a Customer Service Rep. sent me the actual download files the links should have gotten me.

jrwhit

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 12:05:29 PM »

I must say I haven't had to use X10 support that much as most of my questions have been answered here by either direct questions or by searching the forums.
I did have to format my PC a short time ago and had lost my registration key and download link for the smart macro bundle. After requesting the link and key from X10 support via email, Eric responded within a day or two.
Thanks, Eric.  :)%

Jim Clark

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 06:10:13 AM »

My recent experience with X10 support ended well (I Think).

I was unable to get a recently purchased IR Commander to work. I called support and tried to explain the problem to the person on the other end of the phone (a very rude lady). The only problem was that she had no idea what an IR Commander was. She did take my information and told me she would pass it on to her suppervisor (Eric Boyd) and he would email me back. I didn't really expect this to happen but to my surprise within the hour I got an email from Eric and we worked through the problem. It took several emails and a couple of days but he stuck with it and we got the problem resolved ( defective IR Commander).

My only problem is that it has now been two weeks and I still have not received the replacement.

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 12:41:03 PM »

I never got mine on an order and it took a week to get them.
Then the links didn't work as not in the computer yet.
I again emailed them and a Customer Service Rep. sent me the actual download files the links should have gotten me.

I guess it would be unfair if I didn't post my positive experience - my email request for the link to the software was answered quickly and only after one request.

So, for the *one* time I've requested help, they came thru fine for me.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 01:11:32 PM »

Yes we need both as many times the positives don't get posted.

I personally didn't think I was negative.
I just pointed out mistakes can happen and some representative will help you.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 01:25:04 PM by Brian H »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.