Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem dialing out on the X10 Powerhouse  (Read 8628 times)

bhouse

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Problem dialing out on the X10 Powerhouse
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:41:24 PM »

I have just installed a Powerhouse system, and when testing, I can't get the dialer to dial any number. I have the console in the same jack as a cordless phone which works fine. I have entered the numbers several times per the instruction manual. I'm not sure what the sequence should be when an alarm is activated. Should the dialer dial out immediately, or does it wait til the local alarm on the console quits. The phone system is a standard phone system with nothing like DSL. Any Ideas?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Problem dialing out on the X10 Powerhouse
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 06:37:15 AM »

Are we maybe talking the DS7000 Security Console Kit?
X10 Powerhouse is the Trade Name for X10 products.

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Protector_Plus_Wireless_Voice_Dialer_Security_System
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 07:08:05 AM by Brian H »

bhouse

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 07:45:36 AM »

Yes, it is. I purchased the 7 piece kit.

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 08:33:41 PM »

Normaly

What happens during / after an Alarm.

The Auto Dial dials for 4 minutes or until it is answered. If the Sensor which triggered the alarm is still open the rest of the
system is still armed.  If the open sensor is left open of course it no longer works but the others do. If the open sensor is
closed then it becomes active (armed) again. If multi sensors are triggered then only the last one shows up on the console as
in if  first one is triggered ,the alarm times out and then another one is triggered

edran

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 05:14:43 PM »

I had the same problem..... for me, My console only took 7 digits, the exchange and the number. After that it worked fine.
But others  with multiple area code states may have to use all 11 digits. Experiment.... should work out okay.

Ed

jd4x4

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 09:47:39 PM »

...The phone system is a standard phone system with nothing like DSL. Any Ideas?
If you mean it's on copper wires but without DSL, then I can't help..
..but if you are like me and never realized that plain old phone service on FiOS is really VOIP, then try a DSL filter on the dialer line. Worked for me on my PA5800.

In fact, prior to me actually paying to add 'FiOS Voice', I only had FiOS internet but never realized that when you get that your voice phone line runs through the connection box and fiber optic cable so it's VOIP starting as soon as your internet is installed! I only recently realized that as well.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.