Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: New Nstinct Remote  (Read 164318 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: New Nstinct Remote
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2010, 08:12:18 PM »

I agree, the layout is more my thing on the Nstinct, though I do like the feel of the OK button on the Icon better.
The remote is fairly hefty, but I normally don't find it a big issue. It does make for a few keys being slightly awkward to hit sometimes.
One thing I wouldn't mind is to have the buttons back-lit on it.

Hi thanks for your thoughts think I might start a thread on making it even better, I actually would like those keys FF Rew moved up a little more like on my Harmony 550 ever seen one of those? and how about the color I actually think I like the color on the older model better what about you.  ???

Tom j.

J.B.

« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2010, 08:24:04 PM »

I haven't actually used a Harmony remote.  :'
I think some of the keys would feel a bit more comfortable if the Nstinct was slightly narrower.
I think the color makes the icon look less "cheap" and the white buttons on the Nstinct are a big part in why it looks cheaper for me.
The side buttons I actually prefer on the Nstinct even though they are a harder plastic and not a softer rubberized button like the Icon.
For a $30 remote though, I can't complain too much.
The Nstinct is easily worth $30 to me.  >!
I also REALLY wish they had left the mini USB connector a part of the remote and allowed firmware updates for any fixes and channel icon updates for new channels, as well as a backup of your settings that would allow you to "clone" to any additional x10 icon type remotes you may own.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:26:11 PM by J.B. »

tom j

« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2010, 12:15:06 PM »

I haven't actually used a Harmony remote.  :'
I think some of the keys would feel a bit more comfortable if the Nstinct was slightly narrower.
I think the color makes the icon look less "cheap" and the white buttons on the Nstinct are a big part in why it looks cheaper for me.
The side buttons I actually prefer on the Nstinct even though they are a harder plastic and not a softer rubberized button like the Icon.
For a $30 remote though, I can't complain too much.
The Nstinct is easily worth $30 to me.  >!
I also REALLY wish they had left the mini USB connector a part of the remote and allowed firmware updates for any fixes and channel icon updates for new channels, as well as a backup of your settings that would allow you to "clone" to any additional x10 icon type remotes you may own.

Hi J.B. yep I agree the color combination does give it a kind of cheap look. I would also like to see it a little slimmer I think it would look better and also would be more comfortable to use. I also think this unit is a little on the hefty side weighing in a a whooping 8.45 ounces which is considerably heaver then my Harmony, actually that's heavier then some small handguns. ;D I also think they could have moved the Fwd and Rew key up a little the reason I didn't buy the first model was that they placed those keys way at the bottom. I would also like to see more dedicated DVR keys as well. This unit really does have tremendous potential but I would just like to see these improvements. Probably will set that post up in a few days hoping you will participate.

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2010, 11:15:43 PM »

Just got my replacement for the first one I received, that one was defective had to press the buttons twice to send just one command, for example if I pressed guide for my DVR I would have to press two times before it would come up, so I really couldn't enjoy the remote. What attracted me to it was the icons surprised my expensive Harmony has not offered this but in time I'm sure they will. The Harmony has a better key layout and dedicated DVR keys but this one is growing on me actually starting to reach for it over the Harmony. I actually bought it because I sat on my 550  B:( and just wanted something to use until I got it back, but now when I do with x10 support I actually might not be using it as much as I thought. The Harmony does however offer me complete control of everything  were the Nstinct just offers basic operation for example the Harmony supports all the functions that my TV remote has for adjusting the picture to selecting the HDMI video inputs.

Now you can tell the Harmony is higher quality by the feel of the keys they don't creak and are just more refined but with some minor improvements this thing could easily sell for 2x as much and give Harmony a little run for their money. It would have to be a little smaller this one is really just two wide and lighter actually the Icon Lite is a PERFECT size I think, and the keys would have to be rearranged I actually think for DVR owners Harmony has the best layout everything just were you would want it plus it extremely lite and attractive but it's actually harder to program for x10. It would really be nice if there was a really expensive looking sexy remote that you could show off your x10 home automation equipment well we ain't there yet but like I said this thing has possibilities. What do you think?? Hopefully x10 is listening.

Tom j.

leithalweapon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2011, 11:21:19 AM »

It's a $25 remote that learns and has X10 RF capabilities. It works pretty good. I have dropped mine from several feet onto a hardwood floor multiple times and it still works.It does use batteries like crazy, but I use the x10RF a lot.

The only thing It doesn't do is blue tooth for a playstation 3.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.