Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: New Nstinct Remote  (Read 164061 times)

peacefulwarrior

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: New Nstinct Remote
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2010, 09:02:43 AM »

Hi,

thanks for the response, On the Harmony I am sending IR commands to an IR command center (the flat little box with the 4 buttons on top plus all lights on/off).  So, I guess this means that I never go to RF with the harmony but the RF transmitter does work.  I confirmed it is a TM751 and I can turn lights on/off thru RF using an X-10 RT504 remote.  The house code is set to A.

thanks again!

peacefulwarrior

« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2010, 09:28:51 AM »

Ok, I played with it some more...  I deleted the TM751 from all of the rooms but yet when I try to control an X10 device I still see the green indicator (indicating that it is sending RF and not IR).    So, the bottom line is I really can't tell how the device is supposed to know when to xmit RF vs IR. 

I also see some strangeness with respect to the indicator at the bottom.  Occasionally I have gone to control X10 devices and at the bottom of the color screen it has said DVR but I don't have a clue why...  There are other things about this remote that one supposedly can setup in 3 minutes that I still don't understand but it is certainly not less complex than my harmony (and it is an old harmony) and more importantly I have still not been able to get this remote to do even some of the basic functions that I could easily do with the Harmony (such as tell it that I want audio to be controlled thru my stereo while I am watching the DVR).  I'm sure you can probably do this but in my case it doesn't seem to recognize my Onkyo receiver which is kind of crazy and unfortuantely I lost the remote for the onkyo so I can't train it except possibly using the Harmony which seems kind of silly. 

There are some buttons that do not work reliably on the harmony and it was getting kind of long in the tooth and I thought the big color screen would be a plus but at this point I am pretty much with some others who have concluded that at $37 at least I didn't waste too much $.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »

Look at page 47 of the manual. You have to change a device code to use X10 IR over the RF default.

peacefulwarrior

« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2010, 09:34:25 PM »

I still totally don't get it...  I can figure out how to enter "AUX" mode to set the device code to 0999  I created a new device "CD" and set the device code for that device to 0999 but then could not figure out how to enter a lamp code.  Help!!  This is certainly not intutive.  I read both pages 47 and 43 multiple times but still don't get it.

peacefulwarrior

« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »

OK, I talked to the support people for about 45 minutes.  For some reason my remote probably isn't sending RF commands so they are doing an RMA.  Also for some reason the "AUX" device doesn't exist on my remote.  Also, the manual says that if you want to send IR commands to X10 devices you use device code 0999 but it is wrong it is device code 0998!  Ultimately once I created a "CD" device with device code 0998 I was able to turn lights on an off using my IR X10 controller but fundamentally the whole exercise was pretty much a waste of time as I still don't seem to be able to do some of the most basic functions I took for granted with my harmony remote.  specifically I don't have a way to tell the remote that when watching TV I want to turn on the TV, DVR and Stereo and that I want the audio to be controlled by the Onkio receiver and the pause, rewind and channel buttons to work with my DVR.  I guess I could "learn" the TV mode to blend these comands together but obviously that will take way more than 3 minutes!!!

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2010, 12:30:04 AM »

... [in TV mode] I want the audio to be controlled by the Onkio receiver and the pause, rewind and channel buttons to work with my DVR...

Setup - More - Advanced - Punchthrough  ;)

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2010, 06:38:51 AM »

Wonderful. The manual has the incorrect IR code.  B:(
Gee I thought that was also the case with another one of the X10 remotes.  :(

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2010, 09:17:23 PM »

Wonderful. The manual has the incorrect IR code.  B:(
Gee I thought that was also the case with another one of the X10 remotes.  :(

Maybe 0998 in Chinese is 0999?   rofl
>!

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2010, 10:21:32 PM »

I just got my Nstinct remote, and after about 48 hours, I've got it working. I'm having problems with FAVOURITES. When I press the button for the Favourite TV channel (3digit channel) I want, it quite often never selects the 3 digits in their proper order. Sometimes it only selects 1 or 2 digits. Very frustrating! I've found that you have to point the Nstinct at a very precise location sometimes to get the Favourite TV channel to connect.

And why is there no logo for SPACE CHANNEL??? Considering 90% of the people who are buying this gadget are kinda geeky, you'd think they'd have SPACE channel logo as the first choice on the selection of options. Instead, I have to suffice with the SCIFI logo.

The buttons are not in a great location either, especially for selecting Favourites, since they're all at the top and on the sides which makes them difficult to press. I have to use both hands.

Macros anyone? I still haven't gotten there yet, and after reading the "instructions" several times am not sure I want to go there.

All in all, it seems pretty good for most of the stuff that's on it, especially the x10 stuff, and for the price I can forgive myself for buying it. But I have to say that I was looking forward to the FAVOURITES part and that ain't great.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2010, 11:30:01 PM »

I'm having problems with FAVOURITES. When I press the button for the Favourite TV channel (3digit channel) I want, it quite often never selects the 3 digits in their proper order. Sometimes it only selects 1 or 2 digits. Very frustrating!

You might try adjusting the "Key Transmit Time".
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2010, 08:29:50 AM »

You might try adjusting the "Key Transmit Time".

Thanks for the tip. I adjusted it, but the remote still has a difficult time getting the sequence of numbers right. Sometimes it only picks one digit, and it's not even one of the digits that's in the channel number!! Very unreliable in this regard, and it's easier and faster to just select "Satellite>Guide>choose channel>OK" than to use Favourites.
Do you think my remote could be faulty? Should I return it for another one, or have any other people been experiencing this issue?

lasermn

« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2010, 05:56:50 PM »

Save your boxes & all packaging material....you'll need it IF you want to return the remote

In less than 3 days one of the sidebar buttons on the left side, middle button, stopped working

I called customer support with a request to return it for a replacement.  I was told an RA # would be emailed to me, 

My request was via phone to customer service on Thursday 30 Sep 2010.  To date, 3 Oct 2010, I've still not received an email in reply to my request for an RA# & instructions to return it for a replacement. 

Is anyone else having problems getting RA#, from customer service?

Is anyone else having problems with the REMOTE, after using it a few days?

10.14.2010......I finally rec'd an RMA # via email 5 days after I'd originally requested it.
Today, I received an email telling me they rec'd my defective remote & were sending me a replacement.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:43:42 AM by lasermn »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2010, 06:06:44 PM »

You can try this link if they don't get back to you.
http://www.x10.com/support/forms/warranty_exchange_request.htm

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2010, 06:38:03 PM »

Is anyone else having problems getting RA#, from customer service?

I've had this take a fair amount of time before.
They normally recommend you check your junk mail to ensure the RMA email didn't end up there.
I've never had this happen, but have read where people have.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2010, 06:43:55 PM »

In earlier days when the newsletters came multiple times a day. Many ISPs automatically flagged an X10 messages as Spam.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.