Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Auto pool ring inflator for Intex above ground pool.  (Read 4469 times)

Plasbot

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Auto pool ring inflator for Intex above ground pool.
« on: June 20, 2012, 07:33:10 PM »

I just wanted to share an idea I made work thanks to X10.  We bought one of those above-ground pools on a whim and set it up in the backyard.  Everything was fine for awhile but as I found out, everyone has trouble with these because they have an inflatable ring around the top of the pool that must stay inflated.  It doesn't take long for cats, birds, and other varmints to discover the pool and dig their little claws into the ring while they get a drink.  Finally got to the point that the ring was deflating about every 3-4 hours.  Sure I could have tried to painstakingly discover and patch all the tiny holes but that would have been too easy.  Instead I used an X10 appliance module to switch on the electric inflator that came with the pool every hour for about 30 seconds.  Using Activhome macros, that was the easy part.  The hard part was rigging up the tubing with a check valve so the air wouldn't leak right back out of the inflator after it shut off.  Actually that wasn't that hard either.  Another problem solved by X10!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Auto pool ring inflator for Intex above ground pool.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 06:03:19 AM »

Great use of an X10 Module.
I am sure it may assist others.
Your second Helpful from me.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 07:25:33 AM »

Cool idea!
This may inspire others .
You get a helpful from me as well.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 09:09:04 AM »

ditto
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 01:26:44 PM »

If you could get your hands on a PowerFlash module (they have been discontinued), you might be able to go one better: Hook up a pressure sensor to the inlet, and have the pump turn on when the pressure drops too low, and turn the pump off once the pressure has been restored.
Come to think of it, you probably don't need X10 for that. All you need is a pressure switch and a relay, and you can control the pump directly.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.