Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can anyone help me fix this or help me find an alternative?  (Read 6415 times)

bensmith91

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can anyone help me fix this or help me find an alternative?
« on: August 20, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »

Okay, so I am getting the "Run a DLL as an App" error whenever a recording finishes (automated finish from motion or manual finish from just clicking to end it) in vanguard icc. The computer I want to set this up on is running XP SP3. I know there have been a lot of posts on this topic, but many of them are years old and I haven't seen any with a definitive solution. Is there any known fix to this issue? (I tried the one on the wiki, to no avail) If there is no fix, could anyone recommend a program that could do the same thing as vanguard (without any crashes). I would like to just be able to view and record video (even if it didnt support the motion control, I could live with it if it worked) as well as view over the internet. I also have the pan/tilt kits so being able to move those would be good.

Support hasn't been any help so I'm turning to the community to try and get this fixed! Please, help me out!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
Re: Can anyone help me fix this or help me find an alternative?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 04:57:54 PM »

Which DLL is it referring to?

bensmith91

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Can anyone help me fix this or help me find an alternative?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 05:06:19 PM »

I would assume it is the rundll32, it doesn't show that name on xp, but when I tried on a windows 7 computer (not the one I want to use for this system) that was the error I got. That computer I was able to get it to not crash but rundll32 takes up a huge amount of processing power for some reason and I can't view anything in the history review tab, but like I said, that's not the computer I would like this on. The XP comp gives the error either when finishing recording, or when I try to watch the files in the history tab.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.