Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Motion Sensor will Not start recording in Vanguard  (Read 10678 times)

kevin4174

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Motion Sensor will Not start recording in Vanguard
« on: July 27, 2010, 11:09:59 PM »

Hello All

I have purchased the vanguard software and apparently have the hcuc set up correctly for one of the cameras, however I have been unsucessful in getting the motion sensor to trigger the recording for either the snap shots or the movie.

I have double checked the Configure motion Detector actions under the Options tab.

I have checked to make sure that the connect button at the top right hand of the screen is showing "online", i have checked to make sure the motion Detection button is showing ON"

I have double checked the hcuc code is correct on the power supply for the camera, I have checked that I have correctly choosen the correct motion sensor (it is correct.)

Where it says
    "When motion occures, switch to camera (called it A2 for simplicity) and checked off "Record a video movie until 10 second after motion stops."

All other options are unchecked as I do not need these.

As a test I ran my hand over the motion sensor and it appears that the motion sensor is turning on the camera but it is not telling the software to start recording.

The part numbers of the devices I have are (part number taken off back of each device)

3 x XC10A Xcam2 2.4 Ghz
1 x VR36A Video Receiver
1 x TM751 Transceiver
1 x MS14A Eagle Eye Motion Detector
3 x MS16A Active Eye Motion Sensor
1 x CR12A Remote
1 x VA12A USB Video Converter
1 x LM15A Lamp Socket Module

What is my next step

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Kevin
sometimes you wonder, sometimes you are pretty sure, the rest of the times there is no doubt

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Motion Sensor will Not start recording in Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 07:56:41 AM »

I am not a Vanguard user but from what I see and read in the wiki.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Vanguard_Internet_Control_Center

There doesn't seem to be an RF or power line receiver that tells the software a command was sent, or to send a command back to the cameras.
The TM751 will receive RF from the MS14A,MS16A and the CR12A remote and control the cameras as you have found out. If they are on the motion address.

I suspect the missing piece is a CM19A USB RF Transmitter Receiver.
When the motion sensors or remote send an RF command the TM751 would take care of the power line signals to the cameras and lights. If they where on the same address.

The receiver in the CM19A would trigger the software. Then the software could send RF signals to the TM751 to control the cameras and lights if they where on a different address triggered by the motion sensors. The software looks like it uses a motion trigger on an address and then controls the cameras on a different address so that the sensors don't control them directly.

If my explanation is foggy ;D. Ask and I am sure it can be cleared up.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:09:07 AM by Brian H »

kevin4174

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 01:59:11 PM »

Brian

When i was presented witht an offer to purchase the vanguard software and the va12a video converter, there was no mention that i needed to purchase the cm19a receiver. I asked the time of purchase if i needed anything else during a phone call and was told i did not. this really grinds me gears when this happens. i know that this is not your fault and that you are trying to help in which i really appreciated.

on a separate note have you used the low light cameras? if so, how do you find them?

thanks in advance

Kevin
sometimes you wonder, sometimes you are pretty sure, the rest of the times there is no doubt

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »

I am; like most here a volunteer; so you are not grinding my gears at all. Happens sometimes.

Sorry I don't have any of the Low Light Level cameras, but others here do. I am sure they will give you more data on them.

kevin4174

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 09:44:07 PM »

Brian

I just recieved the usb pc transceiver (CM19A), do i need to use both the CM19A and the VR36A at the same time or does the CM19A replace the vr36a.

I am confused.

Please help

Kevin

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 06:28:46 AM »

The VR36A still connects to the VA12A that gets the video into the computer.
The UR19A will send an X10 RF signal to the TM751. It will send power line signals to the camera power supplies to turn them on and off.
It will also receive the motion sensors signals to tell the software motion was detected.

Did you have time to look at the wiki link I posted earlier?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 06:31:13 AM by Brian H »

kevin4174

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 11:27:21 AM »

Brian

I got everything working last night for now. just have a few options to tweak.

Each sensors is programmed to the correct HCUC along with the cameras and after I tested it, success.

As you mentione previously one camera shuts off and the other turns on. (at first I wasn't getting what you were trying to say but now I see the picture no pun intended.)

I walked in front of one sensor, it triggered, waited for a bit, the did the same thing to the other 2 cameras.

I ordered 4 night vision cameras, just waiting for them to swap out.

Thanks for now.

Kevin

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.