Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 order in Canada  (Read 4147 times)

Dave3891

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 order in Canada
« on: August 26, 2010, 06:20:08 PM »

How long do orders in Canada normally take to ship?
I placed a order over 2 weeks ago and I have not been emailed a tracker number or a order shipped email.

I tryed requesting order status 2 days ago, and the site said it would take 10 minutes but I still havent recieved anything.

So I just wanted to know what the norm was.

Thanks
Dave

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: X10 order in Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 06:36:24 PM »

I doubt you will receive anything other than an order confirmation Email.
I've never received a shipping confirmation or tracking number unless I call and specifically ask for one.
Depending if what you ordered is in stock and where you are located, it may take quite some time to receive your order.

Dr.Fiero

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 09:52:51 PM »

Yeah, give up on the online order confirmation.  It's a lost cause.

On average though, I've been seeing 14 days from the time I place the order, to on my doorstep (assuming it's in stock, unlike the "in stink" remote that took 3.5 weeks).

Of course, YMMV, holidays slipped in there slow things down, as does the time of year (don't order it Dec 23rd and expect to see it in 2 weeks for example!   rofl )

J.B.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 09:54:06 PM »

I'm on the East Coast and I find delivery time is normally about 7-9 days.

BaBaLou.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 11:38:14 AM »

Hi Dave3891,
I am in SW Ontario, For me the shipping has never taken more than 5 days from order. At times I have had my order in hand in 3 days.
Inventory will always be a factor in a delayed order. They seem to ship only when the whole order is ready.
But for me, I always call the order in by phone. That gives me all the conformation I need and then I can try to deal with them for a little bonus or two and they will have an email in minutes of the order in my inbox.
A few days later I will see the shipping confirmation and the next day or so I will have my toys in hand.
PS. As best to my knowledge, the warehouse is in Mississauga, Ontario.
IMO just give them a call and have your order number in hand.
Good luck
BaBaLou.

Dr.Fiero

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 01:51:32 PM »

Yeah, that's the extra delay for me - I'm right beside Vancouver, BC - so it's got a few K more km's to drive.

FYI - there is no longer a warehouse in Canada.
The orders are glued together down south, then they drop ship it in piles to a place up here, and then sent out (that's more or less how it was explained to me over the phone by someone at X10).  Explains the Canadian mailing labels anyhow.

Dave3891

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 09:29:36 PM »

Thanks for the info.
Are they orders normaly sent as a delivery slip to pick up at the post office (or sign at the door if your home)? Or are they sent with no signature required?

BaBaLou.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 09:42:46 PM »

I do stand corrected.
By chance I had the number for the warehouse and so I did try it and yes, they are no longer there. Did try both 800 and 905 and both have been disconnected.
The last order from them was about 2 month ago and that came to me in less than a week. I will be placing another order real soon to get my hands on the the new remote as well as a few of the old one.
Great product, makes a great gift.
Hope to see how that is delivered for me.

Dr.Fiero

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 10:50:19 AM »

Are they orders normaly sent as a delivery slip to pick up at the post office (or sign at the door if your home)? Or are they sent with no signature required?

So far, I've never had to sign for one - could be up to the discretion of the delivery driver though (she knows that someone is here 99% of the time even if I don't make it to the door when she rings).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.