Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: X10 commander "like" for all web enabled phones  (Read 15248 times)

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
X10 commander "like" for all web enabled phones
« on: August 26, 2010, 11:27:58 PM »

Check out this thread, I just created this today, and it works PERFECT with my phone.

http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8017

You still need the x10 commander server software, but you can download that from Melloware.

Rocket J Squirrel

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: X10 commander "like" for all web enabled phones
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 07:14:59 PM »

it works PERFECT with my phone.
Glad you like it. I'm currently working on a revision to work more smoothly over HTTP (which was not supported in the current release except by accident). And I'm throwing in some more features that I've been thinking about adding for a while. Let me know if you want to be a beta tester. (Also, anybody with Chrome, Opera, or other less-popular browsers and/or anybody with a platform other than Windows XP who wants to beta test should PM me with their email address.)

I'd encourage people with compatible phones to use X10 Commander on their phones instead of this script. It's got a nicer UI and offers some security. Plus it shows support for the great software from Melloware. My script was intended for running on computers. But if there's no X10 Commander client for your particular web-enabled phone, then by all means enjoy the script.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 09:36:34 PM »

How is Bullwinkle J Moose? Seen any of the old gang recently?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Rocket J Squirrel

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 11:04:33 PM »

Beta testers welcome. PM me your email address.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 12:29:59 AM by Rocket J Squirrel »

Rocket J Squirrel

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 02:30:43 PM »

I'm currently working on a revision to work more smoothly over HTTP (which was not supported in the current release except by accident). And I'm throwing in some more features that I've been thinking about adding for a while.

Version 2.0 of the script is released. Find it here.

Plus, I've given it a catchy name (which as far as I can tell, isn't already in use). It is now dubbed Web X10der8)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 03:51:53 PM by Rocket J Squirrel »

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 11:29:02 AM »

I'm currently working on a revision to work more smoothly over HTTP (which was not supported in the current release except by accident). And I'm throwing in some more features that I've been thinking about adding for a while.

Version 2.0 of the script is released. Find it here.

Plus, I've given it a catchy name (which as far as I can tell, isn't already in use). It is now dubbed Web X10der8)

I Like the name!!!! Unfortunately, as you know, I have to stick with the original script, as Opera Mini does not work with the new one. but I still LOVE IT! Thanks again!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 09:04:54 AM »

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it doesn't seem to work on the native Blackberry browser.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 09:08:57 AM »

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it doesn't seem to work on the native Blackberry browser.

I had to change line 18 to:
var debug = true

Rocket J Squirrel

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 10:46:13 AM »

Not having a  BlackBerry, I am unable to test and debug for that platform. Are you getting an error, or just nothing happens when you press a button? "It doesn't seem to work" is not enough information to go on.

In version 2.0, instead of setting debug to true, try setting useAjax to false.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 10:54:10 AM »

I haven't had much time to play with it lately, but when I tired it on the Blackberry, it didn't do anything when I pressed the buttons.
I'll have to play with it some more and see.
If anyone else out there has gotten it working on a Blackberry, please let me know how you did it.

Rocket J Squirrel

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 11:06:25 AM »

I haven't had much time to play with it lately, but when I tired it on the Blackberry, it didn't do anything when I pressed the buttons.

You know you have to install the X10 Commander Server and the ActiveHome SDK, right? Go here to get them.

Also, if people would like to report issues, it's probably best to send me a private message rather than clogging the public forum.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 01:01:16 PM »

Thanks.
Yes, I have it running on my Home Automation PC. I was able to use it just fine from a browser on one of my other PCs, just not from my Blackberry (connected to my network via wifi).
Since the page itself was hosted externally (with a reference to the server on the local network), perhaps the BB browser didn't resolve the name correctly. I suppose I should check that, too.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 12:53:31 PM »

Not having a  BlackBerry, I am unable to test and debug for that platform. Are you getting an error, or just nothing happens when you press a button? "It doesn't seem to work" is not enough information to go on.

In version 2.0, instead of setting debug to true, try setting useAjax to false.

I tried both of these settings, and it still seems to break for me. Clicking the button closes out the browser.

However, I went back to the original URL method (hard-coding the URL for each device), and that seems to work for me. (I won't know for sure until I can test it at home, but the blackberry doesn't close out the browser or give me errors like before).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:55:50 PM by Noam »

Rocket J Squirrel

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 01:17:13 PM »

Does the BB browser have pop-up blocking enabled? If so, try disabling it. The Web X10der script tries to open a window on the device URL if the Ajax method fails or is disabled. The browser might think this is a pop-up.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 01:38:27 PM »

I'm not sure about the popup blocking, but I still don't see why that would close the entire browser.
I'll have to play with it a bit more when I get home, but my current method (using the hard-coded URLs) seems to be just about the same amount of work as configuring the X10der web page code. Since my setup doesn't really change, once it is done, I shouldn't need to mess with it much.
Another advantage I found is that I can create a link for specific dim levels for each address.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.