Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: On Alert Corrupted my AHP on Download  (Read 8308 times)

x10tim

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
On Alert Corrupted my AHP on Download
« on: September 29, 2010, 10:01:21 PM »

I recently purchased On Alert and downloaded.  From that point on AHP has not worked since.  I have spent hours searching and reading this forum trying to find a solution.  I even had an X10 tech send me an email about  unloading AHP, deleting the common folder etc... and still nothing.  After 6 attempts at reinstall, Vista says something about bad install would you like to accept or repair.  No matter what I choose something won't work in AHP.  I have AHP running now but timers don't work at all.  I have used AHP for about 4 years and not had any issues like this until the On Alert install.

Can someone provide some insight on how to get an error free install and why the timers are failing to trigger for example light switches.  I can trigger them on and off with PC or a remote but not thru the timers.

Thanks.

x10tim

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: On Alert Corrupted my AHP on Download
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 09:37:32 PM »

After hours and hours reading on this forum I finally got it working.  I just wanted to post back in case this will help someone else.  After a dozen different reloads I believe the issus was loading On Aert on top of an upgrade I did to 3.226.  After I deleted all traces of X10 on my PC including folders, files, stopping X10 in the Services, deleting it out of the Common Folder and BIG ONE, deleting X10 out of the registry I finally have everything working with the new version which is 3.285.  Timers, On Alert, Macro's, it's all working.

Icu2

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: On Alert Corrupted my AHP on Download
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 06:43:12 AM »

:) Thanks for the post x10tim, I was wondering if I should even waste money on something that sounded problematic.
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.