Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Perhaps AHP 3.271 is not as buggy as we thought.  (Read 12240 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Perhaps AHP 3.271 is not as buggy as we thought.
« on: September 12, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »

Today, something crashed my AHP, so I uninstalled everything (after backing up all my .ahx files)  including both folders AHP creates.  I got my Active Home Pro backup disk (which has everything you need to have including the Registration code)  and used the original file I got in 2005 to apply 3.271.

So far, all timers have triggered properly, I suspect if you install 3.271 over any other version, you get problems.  I will monitor it to make sure all timers work correctly, if so, I'll keep it, if not, back to 3.228 I go. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:04:30 PM by Dan Lawrence »
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Perhaps AHP 3.271 is not as buggy as we thought.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:13:03 PM »

I've recently installed 3.271 and have had no real issues as of yet.
Timers appear to be working correctly and macros triggering properly using conditions.
Keeping fingers crossed.  >!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 02:11:10 PM »

So far, all timers have triggered properly ...  I will monitor it to make sure all timers work correctly, if so, I'll keep it.

Dan -
I'm glad to hear that you might be having success with the newer versions. Perhaps the problems you experienced with 3.236 and 3.271 were due to a corrupted file (or even file permission) somewhere, and the uninstall was able to remove that, making way for a proper installation.

Keep us posted.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 02:26:24 PM »

So far, all timers have triggered properly ...  I will monitor it to make sure all timers work correctly, if so, I'll keep it.

Dan -
I'm glad to hear that you might be having success with the newer versions. Perhaps the problems you experienced with 3.236 and 3.271 were due to a corrupted file (or even file permission) somewhere, and the uninstall was able to remove that, making way for a proper installation.

Keep us posted.

I don't know, but I first got AHP in 2005 and every update through 3.204/3.228 were always applied over the previous version, so something in any of the older versions stayed, even though looking at the files it didn't look like anything older was still there.  That problem yesterday was not AHP related, some other programs (even a MS update to Outlook 2003 or Word might have done something. One of my constant MS gripe is they send updates when THEY want to, even if you've told them to do it Saturday morning.

As to 3.271 all the timers this AM fired exactly when they were supposed to.     

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 11:02:15 AM »

I'm happy to report that AHP 3.271 is working perfectly.  All timers are working as they should, my one keypress macro runs as it was created.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 09:14:26 PM »

ok, I'm sold.  where do we get 3.271?

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 10:09:21 PM »

Do you have the original file you got when you first bought AHP?   That will get you 3.271.  It's not in the x10 Software Repository.  If you didn't keep  it, send me an e-mail at danlawrence2@comcast.net and I'll send you a copy.

Tony Olson

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 10:32:21 AM »

Dan I didn't keep the original files (and would like them), but I imagine your email address is going to be awfully busy with folks wanting these files. I'd be happy to request them from your email address if you don't mind #:); however, I thought I'd ask first.

Tony
Tony

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 10:55:57 AM »

No problem, send me an e-mail and I'll send you a copy.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 12:52:32 PM »

To ALL:

My offer for getting 3.271 "clean" will expire at Midnight September 30, 2010 Baltimore Time (EDT).   One poster has already asked for it.  Anybody else?   

Kiteloop

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 10:25:18 PM »

What OS and service pack are most people running?  My first install of AHP was 3.271 on a reasonably fresh Vista build and email time stamps and advanced conditions were all out to lunch. Rolled back to 228 with no changes.

Working through it with support, but not getting very far that way either...

Thanks
Bruce

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 08:15:45 AM »

What OS and service pack are most people running?  My first install of AHP was 3.271 on a reasonably fresh Vista build and email time stamps and advanced conditions were all out to lunch. Rolled back to 228 with no changes.

Working through it with support, but not getting very far that way either...
I am using Windows XP SP3 on my X10 machine.  It would seem that X10's software development stopped there...

Some have had luck with Vista and Windows 7 - I choose to use my newer machine for everyday use and dedicate an older machine for home automation and video DVR.
>!

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 04:52:09 PM »

I am using Windows XP SP3 on my X10 machine.  It would seem that X10's software development stopped there...

Can ya' blame them?    ;D

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 06:44:36 PM »

Can ya' blame them?    ;D

:)%   I love the Microsoft commercials that say that with the new Windows 7, you can watch TV on your computer, and send pictures on the internet...  Which I have been doing since Windows XP!

But in all honesty, I love my Windows 7.  Vista had more than a few bugs for me.  There are very little advancements from Windows XP; merely nicer graphical user interface for me...
>!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 07:01:29 PM »

A lot of folks who follow what MS puts out on a regular basis have noted that Windows 7 is what Vista should have been without the intrusive "permissions" for even regular things . It even has a XP like view that is good for folks who can't handle complicated software but can use XP (which you can even make it look like Windows 98.)  That's good for folks like my Father-in-Law, who can handle Win98, but could never use Vista, but the 7 XP-like settings help a lot.  When we got him a new laptop for Christmas, it came with 7, but for Dad we made it use the XP like mode, that he understands. 

Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.