Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: how is my ahp emailing??  (Read 1871 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
how is my ahp emailing??
« on: September 20, 2010, 08:30:06 PM »

I am at wits end!  I have 54k ahx file with a few send email statements if nite & door opens.  Emails my regular email account and also cell phone.  Works fine.  But somehow it also emails my cell phone if nite (flag 1 off & workshop motion.

Only problem is I don't want that!  In the distant past I had such an email but we had to move a stray cat into the workshop at night and it sets off motion sensor, so it sends like 20 text messages to my cell phone a night!  And I have 250 max per month.  this is bad!

I can.t find the routine!!!  I would love to post it or send it to someone else for another set of eyes to try to find this!  It is attached?

I have searched the ahx file a million times and cannot find this routine.  I have removed batteries, unplugged cm15, cleared memory, redownloaded this file a zillion times and it still sends.

I changed my cell no in the file to 9375101111@vtext.com;  my email address to mike@12345.com in the file.

Can someone look at this and see what I may be missing?

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: how is my ahp emailing??
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 09:44:16 PM »

Have you tried deleting the offending macros, and then reconstructing them?  I know it sounds nutty, but this is how I corrected a problem with some of my macros.

MichaelHlubb

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 06:50:33 AM »

I am at wits end!  I have 54k ahx file with a few send email statements if nite & door opens.  Emails my regular email account and also cell phone.  Works fine.  But somehow it also emails my cell phone if nite (flag 1 off & workshop motion.

Only problem is I don't want that!  In the distant past I had such an email but we had to move a stray cat into the workshop at night and it sets off motion sensor, so it sends like 20 text messages to my cell phone a night!  And I have 250 max per month.  this is bad!

I can.t find the routine!!!  I would love to post it or send it to someone else for another set of eyes to try to find this!  It is attached?

I have searched the ahx file a million times and cannot find this routine.  I have removed batteries, unplugged cm15, cleared memory, redownloaded this file a zillion times and it still sends.

I changed my cell no in the file to 9375101111@vtext.com;  my email address to mike@12345.com in the file.

Can someone look at this and see what I may be missing?

A macro that sends email, from AHP, can not be saved to the interface, it'll have to have the computer running to send.  That said, deleted items that are still in the AHP trash bin have been known to still run or otherwise cause problems, check to make sure you've emptied the trash bin.
Next, are you running any addons to AHP? that may also send email to you? check for any of those as well.

failing everything else, turn the computer off for a night and see if the emailing stops.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 04:08:15 PM »

What a dunce I was;  thanks for reminder that email must run from computer ahp program not cm15 memory.  I wont be taking its batteries out again to try to fix it :)

Had a few things in trashcan but not a macro like this I dont think;  deleted anyway to see if makes a difference. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.