Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: changing the appearance of activephone  (Read 6475 times)

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
changing the appearance of activephone
« on: March 08, 2011, 11:42:34 PM »

Is there a way to change the appearance of activephone. I would like to change the remote picture that appears when you link from a mobile phone or different computer. I would like to have the screen maybe show 8 actual buttons, like little squares with the names in them of what it controls, and you could just tap the the square and it would turn item on or off.

If anyone has fooled around with this or knows anything please feel free to post their findings.

I have a generic Ipad and would like to mount it on the wall and use it as a touchscreen for ahp, but currently i dont like the look of the remote that appears.

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
Re: changing the appearance of activephone
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 11:59:16 PM »

If you're feeling adventurous....
ActivePhone's appearance is dictated by an HTML file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\Common\WebApps (or Program Files (x86) if you're on a 64-bit computer).
The file is known as PalmPad.html, and as long as you make an extra copy for yourself (in case something goes wrong), you should be able to modify it to your heart's content.
If you didn't want to learn the nitty gritty of how their particular HTML file works, you can always "call" the commands from a custom link as seen in my Tips & Tricks thread: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=21436.0
Then you could make your own page that sends commands to the X10 page, and then hit the back button when you're done.

Another much easier alternative is getting X10 Commander. You can use that on the iPad, and then leave ActivePhone for smaller screens.
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.