Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: New ActivePhone application (formerly PhoneMote)  (Read 144652 times)

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
Re: New ActivePhone application (formerly PhoneMote)
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2010, 10:26:59 PM »

Problem #2, and still unsolved, is I am unable to properly dim or brighten my respected modules.  My lamp modules and my 3 way switches just go from one extreme to the other when pushing (one quick tap) the respected dim/brighten buttons.  There seems no way to stop this.  I tried reloading the activephone software to no avail.  It should be noted that I can properly dim/brighten from AHP.  I was going to keep trouble shooting this but after one my modules went to over 1200% I think I might just let this one go and live without the dim/brighten option from activephone.  This was enough to put a little electrical fire scare in me (don't know how possible that would be in this instance) and this had me madly trying to shut off that module to make sure this didn't happen.

What model of phone do you have?

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2010, 10:35:20 PM »

For me, this is happening with both my iTouch and Blackberry.
I'm wondering if it possibly has to do with my lamp modules being soft start.
This also causes weird issues with ws12a switches with soft start.
Any chance having them set as LM14As in AHP would cause odd behavior?

Edit: Changing the ws12a to the actual module type in AHP still causes this.
If I try using ActivePhone to dim/brighten the ws12as the modules also seem to lock up and stop responding until I physically turn them off and on again.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:41:39 PM by J.B. »

Netropy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2010, 03:08:46 AM »

I am unable to properly dim or brighten my respected modules.

I'm also seeing this with ActivePhone and was curious if there is some way to get proper dim/bright commands.

Same here with iPhone and basic lamp module.  Hitting the on button for the lamp will stop it.  Off button also but, as expected, lamp turns off right after stopping the ramp.  Actually if I remember right from playing around with it earlier today, hitting any on/off button, for that lamp or another device, seems to stop it.   

kaczman

« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2010, 08:46:51 PM »

My active phone was the latest version,as of last night, and downloaded directly from the X10 website.

Netropy

« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2010, 12:33:14 AM »

Security devices installed via OnAlert show up in ActivePhone.  Seem to fill into the first empty spaces/buttons and they'll move if you install some device to one of the slots they occupy.  Happens regardless what the house code setting is at the console. 

Now if you could use them to arm/disarm, that might actually be useful; otherwise, kind of pointless.  Any way to not have them displayed?

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2010, 11:30:05 AM »

@Netropy
Change the module to a regular one (say, a lamp module), then assign it a House Code and Unit Code that's outside of what you normally use. As an example, I use M for "Monitored".
Afterwards, change it back to the appropriate Security module. It won't show up under your previously used house code anymore.

Repeat x Number of modules.
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2010, 04:37:27 AM »

Build 3.299 of ActivePhone seems to have fixed the oddities with dim/bright commands for anyone experiencing issues with this.
Thanks for the update.  >!

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2010, 07:55:40 AM »

Yeah, I spoke about it with them yesterday, so it's good to see it's gone through.
 :D

lorcott

« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2011, 07:28:46 PM »

I'm having a problem with my Blackberry and ActivePhone. I'm actually able to hit the page with an iPad, but the Blackberry gets an error 504 Gateway Timeout.

Any thoughts or ideas? The Blackberry says its connected to the WiFi.

s.

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2011, 12:41:03 PM »

@lorcott:
There was something a few pages back about setting a bookmark in the BB's browser, and setting it to "Hotspot Browser" instead.

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2011, 01:32:20 PM »

I am having issues with my android phone and activephome and Iwatch mobile, when I first install it, it works fine but then the changing ip addresses I believe are causing an issue and I can't access it at a later time without resending the link again from ahp

Any help would be greatly appreciated

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2011, 09:35:58 PM »

i am posting this because i also have a blackberry.  I have had active phone for about 3 months and have never been able to get this to work.  I am able to connect from the other computers on my network but not from outside my network.  Until now, sort of.

I have a netbook that connects to the Verizon network and that is the the computer that i am using as my test subject since it doesn't connect to my network wifi. Anyway until today i have never been able to connect to ahp with that computer or my BB phone.  So today i have still been trying things and i have achieved some light at the end of the tunnel. I went to whatismyip.com like many others have suggested, and wrote down the address that it showed. I then use that address in the browser of the netbook. I type http://71.X.XXX>X>XX, then i put a " :8777/ahp " at the end and now for some reason it actually worked and the remote showed up on the screen and i was able to turn lights on and off. I was very happy at this point. Now for the BB phone. I turn off the wifi on the BB so i know for sure i am doing this thru the internet. I typed in the same address as i did on the netbook and it did actually bring up the remote. but none of the labels showed up on the remote and i couldn't actually push any of the buttons or change the house code.

But this is where i think i have figured a few things out. First of all my blackberry phone is an older one, it is a 8320 model, now things they dont tell you is the 8300 series phones are actually considered 2G versions, not 3G or the new 4G series. I feel this is the main problem, it is too slow to respond properly.  Another important thing is- R.I.M ( research in motion ) the company that claims the rights to the BB phone, have quit support for the phone, by this i mean there is no new updates for the operating system or the java update. Andthis i feel is the biggest problem with the phone not working properly. 

Now i am going to upgrade to a new phone shortly and will post back but until then i cant be sure if it will work or not.  I am thinking that it will work because many others have had good success with this and their BB's

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2011, 12:00:16 AM »

... then the changing ip addresses I believe are causing an issue and I can't access it at a later time without resending the link again from ahp

See: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=21436.0

Specifically Troubleshooting, section 3.

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2011, 12:01:54 AM »

But this is where i think i have figured a few things out. First of all my blackberry phone is an older one, it is a 8320 model...

It does seem like the browser on your particular phone doesn't "like" the way the page is presented/handled. I'm certain you'll be fine on a newer model. :)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.