Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: New ActivePhone application (formerly PhoneMote)  (Read 144576 times)

cybersherrif

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: New ActivePhone application (formerly PhoneMote)
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 09:04:19 AM »

Anthony, OK. I removed AHP it wasn't easy though. After I deleted it using the add/delete function. I still had a copy. I finally removed every trace of AHP. I even cleaned the registry out of every trace of AHP. The only thing I saved was the folder containing the profile for my X10 devices. I downloaded a fresh copy using your image and re-registered everything. I also open the firewall briefly to download and install and to also invite my cellphone. Now when I click to invite my phone and enter my email address...nothing happens. No email is received for me to open containing the hand held device image. Any other ideas??? I am ready to call it a loss and request a refund. Too much time being wasted on a small investment/benefit. Thanks

cybersherrif

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 09:33:28 AM »

Late breaking news! i am up and running. Seems all the new "invite cellphone" emails were going into my spam folder. Yesterday they appeared in with my regular mail although they didn't work. When I clicked on the address contained in the email the hand held image appeared. Anthony thanks for your assistance! #:)

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2010, 03:09:47 PM »

Late breaking news! i am up and running. Seems all the new "invite cellphone" emails were going into my spam folder. Yesterday they appeared in with my regular mail although they didn't work. When I clicked on the address contained in the email the hand held image appeared. Anthony thanks for your assistance! #:)
Oh hooray! I think I know what the issue wa now though. I'll update my post later. Hope all woke sout! At least now you also know your setup is "clean".
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 04:25:09 PM »

I just installed ActivePhone and of course this started causing AHP to crash.
The uninstaller would not work from Programs and Features (Win7) so I had to go into my Windows folder and manually run unwise32_setup and browse to AHP directory and select Install.log.
So, this got it uninstalled and I manually deleted a few "leftovers".
I reinstalled AHP suite with ActivePhone (of course having issues getting it to reinstall) and now do not see any of my modules labels on the PalmPad when I open the link.

3  When I change house code or number the labels change too.  PalmPad can't do that of course so for me is really only useful for one code.

From what I've read, this is supposed to display the labels of modules I have set in AHP.
Am I missing something? Or is this not the case?  ???

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »

From what I've read, this is supposed to display the labels of modules I have set in AHP.
Am I missing something? Or is this not the case?  ???
You're correct, it should show te labels. The important thing to remember is to chain to the right House Code. You can do this by tapping/clicking on the House Code wheel in Active Phone. It will update as you go through them.

J.B.

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2010, 06:20:26 PM »

Thanks for the reply.
I've had no labels when first installing it, or after completely removing and reinstalling.
Version I'm showing is 3.280 and have tried on both a BlackBerry and an iTouch.
The app is working, just no labels.

cybersherrif

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 06:35:58 PM »

Well Anthony I surrender. This morning I was elated, presently I am where I was yesterday. As mentioned, this morning I finally had the handheld on my iPhone4. Now I am back to where I was. When I click on the link I bookmarked I get an error message that says "Cannot Open Page...Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server".

J.B.

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2010, 06:41:53 PM »

I was getting this on my BlackBerry until I opened its browser and manually typed in the LAN IP of the PC running AHP.

Eg: http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8777/ahp

I then bookmarked this page.

The EMail link did work for the iTouch/iPhone.

cybersherrif

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 06:42:21 PM »

JB...is it possible you deleted the file containing your AHP profile when you did the uninstall of AHP? Do you still see your device profile?

J.B.

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2010, 06:44:33 PM »

I backed up the .ahx file before I removed AHP and restored it after.
I've had no issues running AHP 3.271, these started with ActivePhone.
The only issue I'm having is not seeing the labels on the PalmPad on my phone.

Maybe I'll try a fresh .ahx file and see what happens.

Update: I setup a new .ahx file with 1 module and this now works properly showing the labels in ActivePhone.
I find it odd as I have had no other issues with AHP.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 06:47:57 PM by J.B. »

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2010, 06:57:12 PM »

"Cannot Open Page...Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server".
Most Routers, such as your 2-Wire, will give your computer a new IP address every time it's turned on. Thus, the page would now have a different link if you went to "Invite A Cell Phone". There are two ways to solve this: either use the computer's name in the link, or set up a static IP.
PC or Mac?

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2010, 11:09:58 PM »

( Fred ) Good morning well it would let you register once per ip address
( Fred ) so one per phone
( Adam_Lambertus )so if I have 2 phones (one for my wife, one for me), I would need to purchase 2 instances of the app? And it runs through my home wi-fi connection?

ActivePhone upgrades your ActiveHome software.  It replaces your current version of ActiveHome and you can connect as many phones as you like with it.  It runs through your home wi-fi connection. 

cybersherrif

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2010, 09:40:23 AM »

ActivePhone downloads a fresh copy of AHP which contains the "invite a cellphone" option. Problem is that while I was able to download/update my copy Monday, it was no longer registered after the update. My "old" registration code didn't work and there was no new registration in the email sent me by X10 with the download link. It took several calls to get someone to finally issue me a new reg code. I finally have my app up and running on my iPhone4. Anthony recommended setting a new static IP address for my 2Wire. However, 2Wire is an ubiquitous router. AT&T uses these by the millions for me to be the only one experiencing the problems I have been having. I checked my network settings and found the Microsoft firewall up and running despite my having shut it down when I installed my McAfee firewall years ago. I believe this was the source of my problem(s). When I shut it down I was able to open the handheld image on my iPhone 4. For those looking for your unit labels you need to tap the "house code wheel" with your finger until you reach your monitored house code. Good luck everyone. It's a handy app. I often don't have a palm remote handy, but I always have my cell phone. Thanks Anthony for all the suggestions. #:)

J.B.

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2010, 11:11:09 AM »

My issue with module labels not showing was fixed by creating a new AHP file from scratch.
Slightly time consuming as I have over 60 modules/Macros.  B:(
ActivePhone will show all labels on the PalmPad, not just the monitored House Code.

lee911

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2010, 12:13:17 AM »

Still trying to decide if I like the ActivePhone or X10Commander better. In the meantime, I have a basic (I think) Windows question. I'm using Vista Home and it has the User Account Control (UAC) which is the pesky little warning boxes that come up with certain programs asking if you want to continue. So when I launch AHP I always get this warning box. Usually its not a big deal because I don't always need to have AHP open as everything is set. But with ActivePhone, AHP needs to be opened for it to work. SO I put AHP in the Windows Startup folder but it won't launch at startup because of UAC. Are you with me so far?

I can go into Windows Settings and turn off UAC, but then I'm bombarded with warning message from Windows saying it isn't safe to have this turned off.

Can I somehow make an exception for AHP in the settings??

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.