Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: New ActivePhone application (formerly PhoneMote)  (Read 144308 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: New ActivePhone application (formerly PhoneMote)
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2010, 04:53:20 PM »

Then change the "Browser" option in the properties of the Bookmark to "Hotspot Browser."
This forces the BB to use Wifi, AND to route the DNS through the WiFi connection, too.

That's an excellent thing to check.

I forgot to mention this as I always have it set as a Hotspot browser and to WiFi, unless I am out of range of any usable WiFi.
You can also change the settings to Hotspot browser by opening your browser, BB key, scroll to Options, Browser Configuration, and select Hotspot Browser.
Click back and save.
Make sure to set this back to Internet Browser if using the browser with a 3g connection.
You can also change the default settings to always use Hotspot or Internet Browser. From your home screen hit the BB key, Settings, Advanced Options, Browser, and set your desired settings.

I find it handy to be able to set the browser mode for an individual bookmark. It is fewer clicks for pages that I ALWAYS want to go through the Hotspot browser.

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2010, 06:23:45 PM »

I find it handy to be able to set the browser mode for an individual bookmark. It is fewer clicks for pages that I ALWAYS want to go through the Hotspot browser.

That can be very convenient, also.  >!

wmarkhay

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2010, 09:59:03 PM »

Great suggestions for my Blackberry guys, will definitely use them.  Unfortunately, after doing every one of the prescribed steps from earlier help postings, I STILL can't connect even from a browser on the AHP home computer, getting nothing from port 8777/ahp whether I precede it with 127.0.0.1: or 192.168.2.4:, both of which SHOULD be working!  Also gave it a try in IE to see if it was something unique to my Firefox installation, no difference there either.

wmarkhay

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »

Also may be helpful for you in diagnosing my trouble:
My router has a log of requests made to it, and despite all these attempts, I never see them in that log.  Pretty much all I see are periodic requests from the Wii in my basement, intermingled with very occasional log-ins from my laptop if my wife fires it up in the living room while I'm in my office doing this.  I actually did see my Blackberry connected, but that was just when I came home and it went from cell-tower to WIFI when I got in the house (I work 12 hour shifts Fri-Sun, so left at 5:15am this morning and returned shortly before 7pm this evening, same the next two days, explaining my "darkness" for a while getting back to you with my results).  I can see log requests that were accepted and denied (from other sources) from before I disabled the firewall, but it appears to still do the logging even though firewall's now disabled, just never says "access denied," always "access allowed."  I'm using CA Firewall, Anti-virus, and Anti-spyware, again all disabled.

wmarkhay

« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2010, 09:50:51 PM »

I did one more thing, from my old days of Norton Anti-virus being difficult to disable, booted into Safe Mode and renamed the CA anti-malware directory, then booted back regular mode to be absolutely sure non of that CA anti-anything stuff was getting in the way, and it made no difference, still can't even browse to my own 127.0.0.1.

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2010, 11:25:37 PM »

...still can't even browse to my own 127.0.0.1.
Having trouble thinking what could be causing the issue at this point without seeing more of the configuration. Would you be willing to let me remotely access/troubleshoot the issue? There are free services that can be used to do this.
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

wmarkhay

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2010, 05:50:50 AM »

I would gladly let you do that, Anthony, but would have to be tomorrow most likely as I'm about to head in for my 12 hour weekend work shift.  Maybe this evening, but I'm pretty tired when I get home, although this should not be too tasking for me so I could possibly do it after 7pm Central time tonight, too.  Let me know what would work for you.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 05:52:36 AM by wmarkhay »

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2010, 04:34:27 PM »

Hey everyone, just figured we'd chime in with an update here.

wmarkhay's computer had CA Internet Secuirty installed which seemed to be filtering out any JavaScript in any browser. Example? He couldn't get Facebook to show up properly in any browser on his system, IE or Firefox.

An uninstall of CA seems to have done the trick, at least for confirming that it works internally on the computer . Now the trick is getting the BlackBerry to show the page, then putting the security software back on, and making sure it doesn't filter absolutely everything in the process. :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 04:46:19 PM by anthonylavado »

wmarkhay

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2010, 05:26:20 PM »

And a huge thank you to Anthony for his work with me.  Still can't get the BlackBerry to connect with ActivePhone, but since I can now get to that interface with all the other computers on my wired network, at least I know it's somewhere between the wireless and the BB and can work on it from here. #:)

RKGoodwin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »

I am trying to label my Active Phone labels.....when I open the C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\Common\PalmPad.html the page loads but no image is displayed? My activephone is working with graphics fine. also when I modify art in C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\Common\Art\ my changes are not reflected.

If i use the sample file C:\Program Files\AHSDK\samples\javascript\palmpad\palmpad.html it allows me to double click and change label...but this is just a sample file

Can someone explain in detail how labels are to be changed?

wmarkhay

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2010, 06:14:22 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, drumroll please, putting together Anthony's work with me (getting rid of CA security suite along the way) along with Noam's instruction from a couple pages back to create a BlackBerry bookmark with browser designation option of Hotspot Browser, got the trick done.  Now, I will have to put some security back in, but IT'S WORKING!  Thanks again.

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2010, 07:15:20 PM »

@RkGoodwin:
Opening the HTML page in Common Files on it's own won't show the graphics because that's not the way it's meant to be viewed. It'll only load the graphics in the AP view by visiting http://YOURIPADDRESS:8777/ahp

As far as changing the labels, ActivePhone pulls the labels for the PalmPad from your ActiveHome Pro module names. To change any labels/names, you must rename it in ActiveHome Pro. If you want to change the font style, that's when you'll edit the HTML file with an HTML editor. If you want to change the graphics used, that's where you adjust the files in the Art folder. They must be exactly the same size, names, and type unless you're editing the HTML file to compensate. The sample file in the AHSDK is completely separate.

If you're not seeing any labels on the PalmPad when you should be, make sure it's set to the right House Code by tapping/clicking on the House Code dial until you get to yours.

Hope this helps!

RKGoodwin

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2010, 07:37:23 PM »

Hmmm...your explanation below all confirms what I thought also...but for some reason palm pad does not display my labels...it works fine but no labels...any suggestions? I am running ver 3.285

@RkGoodwin:
Opening the HTML page in Common Files on it's own won't show the graphics because that's not the way it's meant to be viewed. It'll only load the graphics in the AP view by visiting http://YOURIPADDRESS:8777/ahp

As far as changing the labels, ActivePhone pulls the labels for the PalmPad from your ActiveHome Pro module names. To change any labels/names, you must rename it in ActiveHome Pro. If you want to change the font style, that's when you'll edit the HTML file with an HTML editor. If you want to change the graphics used, that's where you adjust the files in the Art folder. They must be exactly the same size, names, and type unless you're editing the HTML file to compensate. The sample file in the AHSDK is completely separate.

If you're not seeing any labels on the PalmPad when you should be, make sure it's set to the right House Code by tapping/clicking on the House Code dial until you get to yours.

Hope this helps!

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2010, 07:40:39 PM »

I also had this problem and the only way I was able to fix it was to create a new .ahx file.

RKGoodwin

« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2010, 07:49:15 PM »

I tried that just now...cleared the interface and re-saved still a no go...

Started all over with a complete new .ahx file works like a charm to bad I have to do all my hard work over again...I tried the merge function...it stopped working...thanks for the help.

I also had this problem and the only way I was able to fix it was to create a new .ahx file.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 08:02:48 PM by RKGoodwin »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.