Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Active Phone Tips & Tricks  (Read 93878 times)

Frank3d

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Active Phone Tips & Tricks
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 11:01:01 PM »

anthonylavado,
Thanks for all the help you provide. :)+ #:)
I presently have AHP V3.294 with all the plug ins working excellent. I have 2 Sentinel's and 2 Vanguards that also work excellent with iWatch Pro on my iPhone4 with both wifi and 3g. I also have a DS7000 and have macros controlling arm and disarm commands. Now I want to remotely manually turn on flood lights at night in areas around the cameras so I purchased ActivePhone. I am slightly hesitant now reading some of the problems people have had. I sure don’t want to disrupt the flawless operation of AHP that I have now. I started to install ActivePhone and the install wizard said it wanted to replace the existing AHP file. That made me a little jittery so I canceled the install. I have since read in previous posts that the original AHP file is replace with an update adding the menu item Invite a Cell Phone. Well again everything is working so good that I’m still hesitant. Any suggestions on how to insure a smooth transition to ActivePhone?

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 01:22:59 AM »

@frank3d:
What's meant by "replacing the AHP file" is that the ActivePhone installer "adds" the extra functions needed for ActivePhone to your computer.

Want to hear the great news though? If you have iWatchMobile/Pro, OnAlert Mobile, MyGarage, HotBodyAlert, or any of the plug-ins working - You are practically using the same thing as ActivePhone! The difference is that ActivePhone will give you a page to control modules with, rather than a camera or security interface. Using version 3.296, it's actually already installed on your computer - the ActivePhone installer would make sure it has the latest ActivePhone file, and then "turn on" the function for you.

A lot of the errors people have seen have been correctable - one person had a firewall so strong it was blocking everything, and a lot of people have trouble grasping networking (I did when I started out with computers).

If you have iWatchMobile working already, then the heavy lifting is done. Purchase/Download/Install ActivePhone, and enjoy.
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

Frank3d

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 09:07:39 AM »

@frank3d:
What's meant by "replacing the AHP file" is that the ActivePhone installer "adds" the extra functions needed for ActivePhone to your computer.

Want to hear the great news though? If you have iWatchMobile/Pro, OnAlert Mobile, MyGarage, HotBodyAlert, or any of the plug-ins working - You are practically using the same thing as ActivePhone! The difference is that ActivePhone will give you a page to control modules with, rather than a camera or security interface. Using version 3.296, it's actually already installed on your computer - the ActivePhone installer would make sure it has the latest ActivePhone file, and then "turn on" the function for you.

A lot of the errors people have seen have been correctable - one person had a firewall so strong it was blocking everything, and a lot of people have trouble grasping networking (I did when I started out with computers).

If you have iWatchMobile working already, then the heavy lifting is done. Purchase/Download/Install ActivePhone, and enjoy.
anthonylavado,
Thanks. I'll install it tonight and let you know how it went. Keep up the excellent help you give all. We very much depend on you and appreciate it. >!

tybirdtybird

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2010, 04:18:23 PM »

Thank you anthonylavado  for your post going to try setup to use 3g . I hate have to turn on wifi just to use ActivePhone.  Its going to be cool mess with the family  turn on Xmas tree and light outside on my Iphone.

Got to work just now on 3g its little slow >!  :)% Useing my Static IP which i found on my rounter setup page under DMZ

jarleifv

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2010, 02:32:22 PM »

Thank you anthonylavado  for your post going to try setup to use 3g . I hate have to turn on wifi just to use ActivePhone.  Its going to be cool mess with the family  turn on Xmas tree and light outside on my Iphone.

Got to work just now on 3g its little slow >!  :)% Useing my Static IP which i found on my rounter setup page under DMZ

you can also go to www.whatismyip.com and it'll give you your public IP :)

not-tech-savvy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 10:21:45 AM »

Hi All ! New to ActivePhone and trying to set this up...I am using my home network...sent the email link and it worked for on some lights...rebooted my pc and now says webpage not available...anything for someone who doesn't know all the tech stuff? B:(

george536

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 08:56:52 PM »

resend the "invite a cellphone" link

thejackal

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2011, 10:01:59 AM »

is there a way to edit the palmpad.html so you don't get this when just making shortcuts.
<monitor>
<sendcmd sent="1" queue="0">
</sendcmd>
<activecam inst="0" label="(null)"/>
</monitor>

It pops up a firefox window after you click the shortcut.  I was just wondering if there was a way to disable the "red light" code. So it doesn't post that after the shortcut link.
 On my phone screen for the most part I don't see the blink anyway so it wont be missed. I have a Not So Smart phone.  ;D

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:10:06 AM by thejackal »

aptalca

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 11:50:02 PM »

Hey everyone... I'm taking my post here to make it a sort of guide/sticky for common steps and actions to be taken for Active Phone.

Thank you Anthony for the detailed guide.

I have one quick question. Is status polling possible with this http api?
Either a general poll command that returns statuses for all devices or an individual command for each device that returns an "ON", "OFF" or maybe a "50" as brightness percentage?

Thanks

oskar

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »

Thanks for the great sticky!

Changing the house code with  

//PALMPAD VARS
var houseCode = "I";

where "I" is my house code didn't work for me.

Only tested in firefox but here's what I did ...

added the following two lines to change the starting house code and switch to units 9-16:

function saveModuleNames() {

if (xmlhttp.readyState == 4 && xmlhttp.status == 200) {
            xmlhttp.onreadystatechange = null;
            moduleNodeList = xmlhttp.responseXML.documentElement.getElementsByTagName("m");
            getHCode(xmlhttp.responseXML.documentElement.getAttribute("a"));

// add this here to change to units 9 through 16, if necessary

getCSwitch('UnitCodeSwitch');

// add this here to change to House Code I, replace I with your House Code

getHCode('I');
        }
    }
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:23:44 PM by oskar »

raleman

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2016, 01:27:47 PM »

If someone wanted to, they could make their own front end interface for this that sends the appropriate calls. Web page or App, the potential is there, just like Mike Berro did with "Home Control":

I did just that this weekend.  Here are the screenshots:

It's 100% responsive design, HTML5, CSS3 and should work well on any modern smartphone browser.  The details and install instructions are here: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=29543.0

I'd love to hear feedback. Enjoy!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.