Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM19A + keychain + linux  (Read 17198 times)

trueplus

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM19A + keychain + linux
« on: September 26, 2010, 06:50:16 PM »

Hi,

Can I use the CM19A with one of the keychains (KR19A or K10A)? I have no other X10 devices. All I want is the ability to send a signal to my linux machine from outside my house. At the moment I'm using iPod+wifi, but would like a solution I can give to visitors.

Thank you,
TP.

trueplus

Re: CM19A + keychain + linux
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 07:03:52 PM »

PS: is there a document on X10 signals and which devices can communicate to which others? From what I understand there are PL signals and at least 2 types of RF (normal and security). Is CM15A the only device that understands all? I think CM19A can control AM466 using RR501, but is there any way it can communicate with DS10A or SH10A?

Thanks again.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 07:50:57 PM »

The CM19A has an RF Receiver and Transmitter in it.
It can control X10 devices with an RF transmission. That is received by a TM751,RR501 or any other X10 controller that can receive RF and send it back on the power lines. The Security Console could also process standard X10 RF signals if on the set house code.

The receiver in it can receive RF signals from any X10 remote or motion sensor. I am not sure if it can process the security type signals.

As you pointed out. It does not send or receive X10 Power Line Signals.

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 09:20:30 PM »

Hi,

Can I use the CM19A with one of the keychains (KR19A or K10A)? I have no other X10 devices. All I want is the ability to send a signal to my linux machine from outside my house. At the moment I'm using iPod+wifi, but would like a solution I can give to visitors.

Thank you,
TP.

I have a CM19 on my Linux box and using software from the net.
Works fine.

Not sure what you want to happen, but in my case I'm seeing my RF signals from Motion devices and have code to do what I want done.

trueplus

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 12:50:05 AM »

The receiver in it can receive RF signals from any X10 remote or motion sensor. I am not sure if it can process the security type signals.

Thanks Brian and pconroy.

According to this article (http://www.hometoys.com/htinews/dec02/articles/kingery17/kingery17.htm), security codes are a subset of the X10 extended codes.

And here (http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=14989.0) Tuicemen tells us that the CM19A does not work with DS10A and KR10A, because they are security devices. It's odd then that the CM19A does work with motion sensors (aren't they security devices, too?).

pconroy, what devices are you using with the cm19a?

Can anyone else let us know what devices they have or don't have working with cm19a?

Thanks,
TP

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 01:02:26 AM »

It's odd then that the CM19A does work with motion sensors (aren't they security devices, too?).

There are two different types of x10 motion sensors.
The MS10A is a security motion sensor and only sends security signals, the MS14A and MS16A motion sensors send standard x10 on/off commands.

AFAIK, the CM19A will work with any x10 RF devices that send standard x10 signals. (Also send them)
If using a Windows based PC ActiveHomePro with OnAlert can be used to map the security signals to standard x10 addresses.
This, of course, doesn't help you much running a Linux box.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:17:55 AM by J.B. »

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 05:39:56 PM »

pconroy, what devices are you using with the cm19a?

MS16s and MS14s.
"Standard" motion detectors that send "M3 On" and "M3 Off" signals via RF to my CM19A.

qaweb

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 07:03:25 AM »

>> I have a CM19 on my Linux box and using software from the net.
I wish 'software from the net' was written & available as elegantly as his brief comment:
Could you and others add "Which software [from where?] on net" you are successfully using?
Thanks!                                                                        :'

Hi,

Thank you,
TP.

I have a CM19 on my Linux box and using software from the net.
Works fine.

Not sure what you want to happen, but in my case I'm seeing my RF signals from Motion devices and have code to do what I want done.

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 01:24:37 PM »

Could you and others add "Which software [from where?] on net" you are successfully using?
Thanks!
I don't use either myself, but I have two options for you:
The cuddon.net Python Driver - http://www.cuddon.net/
Or Michael LeMay's Python Driver - http://m.lemays.org/projects/x10-cm19a-linux-driver

I personally just went out and got myself a CM17A Firecracker for cheap.
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

ErikP

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 07:34:43 PM »

Support for security signals was added to the CM19A windows driver when the ActiveHome PRO with CM19A bundle went on sale.

We have plans to release an updated Linux driver with this functionality, but it is not currently available.

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 03:10:09 AM »

We have plans to release an updated Linux driver with this functionality, but it is not currently available.
Linux drivers are always welcome. You should see what we're doing with Plug Computers like the PogoPlug and SheevaPlug!
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

mmauka

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 06:31:39 AM »

I wish 'software from the net' was written & available as elegantly as his brief comment:
Thanks!

You are welcome to try my CM15A/CM19A Linux driver (mochad). The CM19A can
receive from the MS10A, DS10A, KR19A, and SH624 security devices as well as
regular X10 RF.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/mochad/index.php?title=Main_Page

An official Linux driver from X10 would make mochad obsolete which is good
news. I would use the official version because parts of the CM15A protocol are
still unknown.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.