Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: New iWatchMobile  (Read 204051 times)

kevinwheeler

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: New iWatchMobile
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2010, 01:23:56 PM »

Yes - it already has 2 different local IP addresses, but I would like to be able to access each machine remotely and you can only port forward 8777 to a single machine. I would need to enable remote access to the router and change the forwarded port address and I would rather not do that.

Also, this would address, to some extent, the concern about using these apps remotely as I could change the now well known X10 use of port 8777 to something random and harder to find.

Remote Desktop stores its port in the registry and I modify each machine to non-standard and unique ports.

Kevin

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »

Also, this would address, to some extent, the concern about using these apps remotely as I could change the now well known X10 use of port 8777 to something random and harder to find.

They have actually added a security token in current builds to help make the connection more secure.
This can be used on both 3G/4G/Edge or WiFi connections, or disabled using the local WiFi connection.

The reflector service always uses security tokens, AFAIK.

This helps with security.
Obviously it still doesn't address running 2 separate systems and wanting to determine which to connect to.

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2010, 04:03:24 PM »

Yes - it already has 2 different local IP addresses, but I would like to be able to access each machine remotely and you can only port forward 8777 to a single machine. I would need to enable remote access to the router and change the forwarded port address and I would rather not do that.

Remote Desktop stores its port in the registry and I modify each machine to non-standard and unique ports.
1.  We'll add the setting to the registry. 

2.  You don't need to use 8777 as your external port.  You could use, for example, 5000 for your external port on your router and map that to 8777 on system 1, and 6000 for your second external port on your router and map that to 8777 on System 2.

J.B.

« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2010, 04:09:34 PM »

2.  You don't need to use 8777 as your external port.  You could use, for example, 5000 for your external port on your router and map that to 8777 on system 1, and 6000 for your second external port on your router and map that to 8777 on System 2.

That completely slipped my mind.  B:( :'
Thanks for mentioning that.  >!

J.B.

« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2010, 07:51:32 PM »

The 3.293 Iwatchpro loads on the X10 and Wifi both come up but will not load video feed with or without security. I can see the video feed fine from Active Pro on both cameras.

By any chance have you restarted your computer since the upgrade? If not maybe try that.
I will sometimes lose the video feed unless I exit AHP, kill the x10nets process, open AHP again, and then run iWatchMobile on my phone.

kevinwheeler

« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2010, 12:20:48 AM »

My routers (TP-Link TL-WR1043ND 's) don't allow port remapping - I can only specify source port and destination IP address.
But putting the setting in the registry is still a good idea which allows the most flexibility.

Thanks.

Kevin

Frank3d

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2010, 09:52:20 PM »

Can I make a request for more reports on how well Pro is working for everyone?  :-\

Icu2

« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2010, 08:27:19 AM »

I'm running 32-bit Windows Vista Home Premium.  I have ActiveHome Professional, iWatchOut, and iWatchMobile PRO installed.

ActiveHome Pro has been crashing 25 seconds after I invite a cell phone.  I have not yet been able to view my camera feeds using 3G on my BlackBerry Bold 9700, or remotely from another computer unless I use TeamView, even when I type in the url from the invite window manually into my phone or computers.

Then I went ahead and decided to try and install OnAlert and OnAlertMobile to see if the results were the same.

Crashed also as soon as I clicked the [close] button after I registered and installed OnAlert.

Again crashed as soon as I clicked the [close] button after I registered and installed OnAlertMobile.

ActiveHome Pro does not crash if all I do is look at the video feed on the computer that the software is installed on.  I haven't yet been able to do anything remotely past the range of my wireless router using the iWatchMobile without the PRO.

I don't know if its related to this software or not, but after I did all of the above, my wireless network card lost the ability to detect any networks.  I did all the usual troubleshooting steps, check hardware, check software, uninstall and reinstall both hardware and drivers, opened the computer and made sure it was fully connected, tried to restore to a date before the above mentioned installations and since none of that worked, I re-installed the Operating System.  Mind you that I have no software installed other than the bare Operating System since I'm trying to avoid conflicts between .dll files and such from third party software.  I'm currently in the process of uninstalling all third party software that comes with the "return to factory settings" software.  I will again reinstall X10's software and see if I can duplicate the above mentioned events.  Since reinstalling my Operating System, which was about 3 days ago, my wireless has been working flawlessly pulling Window Updates from the internet as it should.
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

mcguyver

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2010, 09:30:20 AM »

I am not familiar with vista but i would believe they have a restore point that may have been easier to do the reinstall your Os.

I had the crash problem and what i ended up doing was run regedit and i did a find of all AHP and removed everything from my registration. I found doubles of a few things and that my have been causing the crash.
AHP worked great after that including all the add ons.
Blackberry Storm -3G only

Icu2

« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2010, 10:27:22 AM »

Thanks mcguyver.  Yes both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista OSs have a system restore and I tried that, to no avail.  Also, I always use Revo Uninstaller, which checks for and removes garbage left over in the registry and hard drive after an uninstall from poorly designed uninstall software.  I only went to the extreme of reinstalling the OS after all else had failed including checking for malware.  Now, it could also have been caused by Window updates themselves since those are almost daily, but system restore would have taken care of any Window updates also.  I'm hoping that it was not the X10 software, and praying, but decided to post my predicament in case someone else encountered the same issues.  I know I've read other posts where X10 software has caused a crash and that is the problem with software, sometimes the direct link library files don't like to share their toys and when you kick them out of the sand box they take some of the other kid's toys with them causing everyone else left in the sandbox to just not want to play anymore.  :D

IMPORTANT:  For anyone who reads this post.  Do not, do not ever play with "reg edit" like Mcguyver mentioned, unless you absolutely know what you are doing when it comes to the registry.  Removing the wrong registry key will trash your whole Operating System.  You'd think X10 would do a better job of uninstalling their software, since they are selling their software to a clientele composed of the general population.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 10:58:33 AM by Icu2 »
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

X10 Dev

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2010, 01:27:17 PM »

Thanks mcguyver.  Yes both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista OSs have a system restore and I tried that, to no avail.  Also, I always use Revo Uninstaller, which checks for and removes garbage left over in the registry and hard drive after an uninstall from

Sorry to hear you have some system issues.

I'm confident that AHP is not the source of your operating system troubles.  (And we have all had these...)  The USB drivers are stable and are in use by millions of customers (we use the same drivers on the OEM side of the business.)  The networking is sockets based and works like a regular client or server application -- we don't change any of your network settings.

Which is not to say that AHP can't have problems and crash itself, because clearly there are some hiccups we're working through related to email.  But the damage is limited to AHP alone.

The information below is for advanced users or those who are curious.

A note on installation and reinstallation.  It is always safe to reinstall AHP over top of existing X10 applications without uninstalling first.  The installation needs to be in the order of release date though.  There aren't many files to clean up if you want a completely clean installation, but there are a few:
1. There is an 'X10 Settings' directory.  You can delete this at any time.  It contains your current software macros, your downloaded hardware macros and timers, and your command history.  It is stored in the 'user application settings', which unfortunately seems to change locations with every operating system release.

You can find the location by searching for 'cmdhst.*'.  This is your activity log command history.  This will show you the location of the X10 Settings directory.  It is safe to delete this directory -- It will be recreated the next time you start AHP.

2. There are some text XML configuration files in c:\program files\ActiveHome Pro.  The ahp_plugin.xml lists which plugins to load.  ahp_config.xml and emailprp.xml store some user settings.  You can delete these and then reinstall the software.  You will not be prompted for new registration codes, because those are stored in an encrypted file elsewhere.

3. The program DLLs are located in c:\program files\ActiveHome Pro and c:\program files\common files\x10\common.  While you can delete these files and then reinstall, the installation will always overwrite the files, so that is not neccessary.

4. Some information is stored in the registry at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{001000AF-2DEF-0103-10B6-DC5BA692C858}.  On 64 bit Windows systems, this becomes HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{001000AF-2DEF-0103-10B6-DC5BA692C858}.  You may delete this key as long as you reinstall afterwards.

5. There are a few other bits of information in the registry, but nothing of importance -- Mostly just Windows COM registrations telling Windows where to find various bits of AHP.  Reinstallation will reload this information.  I wouldn't worry about deleting these entries before reinstallation or after removing the program, they're not going to do any harm.

X10 Dev

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2010, 01:32:34 PM »

Can I make a request for more reports on how well Pro is working for everyone?  :-\
So the software should be working for most people.  There are a few issues sending email. There will be a 294 release tommorrow which will fix this.

Also in the 294 release is some new code for Blackberry users to help deal with the 'black screen' issue.  Some Blackberries take longer to update the screen than they take to reload the next video frame, resulting in a black display screen.  We have a solution for this we're putting the finishing touches on.

Icu2

« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2010, 06:09:15 PM »

Thanks AHP Dev.  The technical information you posted above will be really helpful.  So much so, that I will print and save as reference data.  You are right, the chances that X10's software could have messed with my Wireless NIC card is far fetched, but as anyone that has ever worked with software and hardware issues will know, its not impossible.  I'm glad to hear that a new version is on its way.  I'm so looking forward to one day being able to sit beach side and monitor my home from my phone while drinking a cocktail.  I'm sure I'll think of all the hard working people that make images such as that one possible and as you put it, have made it possible for millions already.   #:)

BlackBerry Bold 9700

Icu2

« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2010, 06:02:03 AM »

:o Wow!  I can not believe it.  I installed ActiveHome Pro (SW31A) version 3.293, without a single plug in, and after 5 whole days of my Wireless NIC working flawlessly, my wireless connection crashed again as it had before I reinstalled my whole Operating System as mentioned previously.  I rebooted my computer 4 times doing soft and hard reboots but none of that seemed to help.  I then uninstalled ActiveHome Pro using Revo Uninstaller, rebooted my computer and right away I had a wireless internet connection.  I'm about to install ActiveHome Pro again to see if I can duplicate my network card problem for a third consecutive time. 

Installed, rebooted and for the first 5 seconds I had internet then I lost it. I can't even find any networks listed and am getting the message "Windows cannot find any networks".  So, that makes it 3 times in a row that I've been able to duplicate the loss of my wireless after installing ActiveHome Pro and doing no other changes to my computer.  My Device Manager shows that my WiFi Adapter is there "working properly".

I just finished uninstalling ActiveHome Pro, rebooted and... still no internet.

In the Windows Task Manager's Processes Tab, X10nets is still running and taking up 1,024 K Memory after the uninstall.  I ended the Process.  Deleted the X10 folder found in Program Files, Common Files.  Shutdown the computer, turned it back on, still no internet.  Removed registry key listed above by AHP Dev, rebooted... still no internet.  Decided to use system restore to restore my computer to a point before X10's ActiveHome Pro installation.  Finally I have my internet back.  Now, I remember that before when I had version 3.292 of ActiveHome Pro installed I was not having this problem.  I'm going to see if I can dig up an old version and install it.  Unless there is also a new release for the ActiveHome Pro software, in which case I'll wait.  No, I'll try an older version instead.

My Wireless Card is: Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN installed on a Sony Vaio running Windows Vista 32-bit OS

BlackBerry Bold 9700

X10 Dev

« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2010, 01:56:11 PM »

:o Wow!  I can not believe it.  I installed ActiveHome Pro (SW31A) version 3.293, without a single plug in, and after 5 whole days of my Wireless NIC working flawlessly, my wireless connection crashed again as it had before I reinstalled my whole Operating System as mentioned previously.  I rebooted my computer 4 times doing soft and hard reboots but none of that My Wireless Card is: Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN installed on a Sony Vaio running Windows Vista 32-bit OS

I can't believe it either.  So 292 works fine, but 293 causes a problem???  Hmm...

Here's something to try:  x10nets.exe contains the built-in web server for AHP, as well as managing all X10 USB devices, including the CM15.  When we first released iWatchMobile, we only started the web server when AHP was started.  Now, we start on system startup.  Let's delay starting x10nets to see if that has any effect on your wireles NIC.

Install AHP.  Before you reboot the first time, do the following:

1. Open the start menu and type 'services.msc', you will see the list of Windows Services
2. Scroll down to 'X10 Device Network Service'.   Right click on the service and select 'Properties'.
3. Change the Startup type from 'Automatic' to 'Manual' and select OK.
4. Stop the 'X10 Device Network Service' by pressing Stop on the Properties dialog.
4. Close the services window

Now x10nets will only start when you explicitly tell it to.  AHP will not run successfully (and will generate an error when you try and run it) until you manually start the service, or change the Startup type back to automatic.

Now reboot.  Do you have wireless access?  If yes, then the problem is your Wirless NIC can't handle a service opening a network connection at startup.  Very lame, but we can work around that if that is the problem.  If no, then that makes no sense.  Double-check (via services.msc, or the 'Services' option on task manager), that 'X10 Device Network Service' is not started.

Assuming you've made it this far, and you still have wireless access, You can start the x10nets service from services.msc, or from the services tab on the control panel.  Right click the service and select 'Start'.

Now, run AHP.  Does everything work?  If it does, and if this workaround fixes your problem, then we'll put an option that will fix your issue into the software for you.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.