Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: New iWatchMobile  (Read 204073 times)

ErikP

Re: New iWatchMobile
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2010, 01:38:24 PM »

Erikp, you never answered as to why both these links get the 500 error on the blackberry.
Thanks

We are still looking into this ourselves.  I will definitely post as soon as i find a solution.

In the mean time, your case is definitely unique in that you are the only one so far to report 500 errors on a PC based browser.  I think I know the answers to these but just to verify since I haven't seen it explicitly stated in the forums anywhere.  Are you running version 3.290 of iWatchMobile?  If you browse to your "C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\Common\WebApps" folder what files do you see there (If you installed somewhere other than C: you may need to change this part.  If you are using an x64 windows install you will need to check in Program Files (x86) instead.)?  Can you cut and paste the URL from a web browser getting the 500 error here?

Thanks

mcguyver

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2010, 02:01:56 PM »

I am running version 3.290 iwatchmoble. Inside the webapps folder is a doc. called xPhone.

If i post my url everyone on this forum would be able to view my home camera's. I will pm you the url i am using and you can try it out.
I can always change it later.  ;D

Obtw.
 http://71.111.11.111:8777/iwatch
and http://111.111.1.111:8777/image?Act=image&Idx=1&Cam=0 work just fine.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 02:12:01 PM by mcguyver »
Blackberry Storm -3G only

ErikP

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2010, 02:29:41 PM »

Inside the webapps folder is a doc. called xPhone.

There is the problem.  Both of the simple stream pages are separate HTML files which should live in this folder along side the regular iWatchMobile HTML source file in this folder.  Since you only have the one file here, you will get a 500 error anytime you try to access anything other than the /iwatch address.  The iWatchMobile HTML file is named XPhone.HTML.

If you download and reinstall the 290 iWatchMobile this should fix it.  There was a brief period on Saturday morning where the public software page claimed to be updated to 290, but still gave out the 289 installer.  It was very brief, so it was thought to be fixed before anyone had any issue, but looking at the time stamp on your other posts it looks possible this may be what happened to you. 

If you open the about window in ActiveHome Pro (Help->About...), what version number is given in the bottom middle?  Does this number change after you download a new 290 installer and run it?

mcguyver

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2010, 03:03:44 PM »

Ok. Thanks ErikP. That was the problem. I am all set.  ::)  #:)

mcguyver

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2010, 04:22:36 PM »

Sorry i was so brief in my reply but i was at work.

After reinstalling .290 then rebooting the computer it still would not update and still gave me .289.

I had to reinstall AHP then install iwatchmoble and the updated version took. Both iwmmeta and iwmsimple work just fine now. lol

ErikP

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »

I had to reinstall AHP then install iwatchmoble and the updated version took. Both iwmmeta and iwmsimple work just fine now. lol

That's great news :)  Did this fix any of the other issues you were having?  The pan controls always running to the edges, the video refresh stopping after a few minutes, or are there any other problems you are having with the software I missed?

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2010, 05:40:54 PM »

I'm still getting communication errors with the CM15a if using the pan/tilt/zoom commands any amount.
This happens with 3 different CM15as I've tried.
I will sometimes lose video and only get the blue background image until I exit AHP, kill the x10nets process, and run AHP again.
Happening both on my iTouch and Blackberry and I also noticed that if I select any camera other than the first 4 (I have 8 I'm currently using) it will not turn them on or control them.
Eg: Selecting camera 5 turns on cam 1, cam 6 selects cam 2, and so on.
Still wondering if possible to add a second slide out menu to select presets, sweep, and control iris and focus for the Vanguard and Sentinels.

mcguyver

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2010, 08:42:37 AM »

That's great news :)  Did this fix any of the other issues you were having?  The pan controls always running to the edges, the video refresh stopping after a few minutes, or are there any other problems you are having with the software I missed?

Blackberry Storm- 3g only.

Everything seems to be working much better with the .290 version now that I have it installed. lol. The tilt and pan is working much better and the image is not shooting all the way to the end after hitting the pan button once. It seems to be working like it should.

The image seems to be refreshing as long as I keep my finger on the screen. (it’s a touch screen).
If I stop touching the screen the image stops refreshing after a few minutes. I don’t think it’s a software problem. I believe it’s a phone problem.  I am thinking the phone is just going dormant from no activity.

I have to add this in. I purchased AHP a while back and stopped using it. The reason I stopped was because the program was really bad at changing cameras for me. I must say its not any better. AHP will tilt and pan just fine but it will not change cameras. If I use my firecracker program to change cameras instead of AHP the cameras change first click.
I guess my question is can an option be put in AHP to use the firecracker device to change cameras instead of using the AHP module?
Thanks
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 08:45:34 AM by mcguyver »

ErikP

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2010, 08:44:15 PM »

I'm still getting communication errors with the CM15a if using the pan/tilt/zoom commands any amount.
This happens with 3 different CM15as I've tried.
I will sometimes lose video and only get the blue background image until I exit AHP, kill the x10nets process, and run AHP again.

I haven't been able to reproduce any of these errors so far, but I am still trying to reproduce it, and searching for anything which might cause these errors. 

About when did you purchase your CM15s?  No need to dig out receipts or anything, but any information you have easily accessible.

What version number is reported by the help->about window in ActiveHome Pro?
What versions do you have of the following dll files?
C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\Common\x10net.dll
C:\Program Files\ActiveHome Pro\AHP.dll
C:\Program Files\ActiveHome Pro\ant.dll
To check the file version simple browse to that file's location right click it, and select properties.  In the details tab one line should be something similar to "File version      3.0.0.286"

I also noticed that if I select any camera other than the first 4 (I have 8 I'm currently using) it will not turn them on or control them.
Eg: Selecting camera 5 turns on cam 1, cam 6 selects cam 2, and so on.

This is fixed in the development build, and will be working in the next release of the software.

Still wondering if possible to add a second slide out menu to select presets, sweep, and control iris and focus for the Vanguard and Sentinels.

It’s still too early to promise, but this is planned to be added soon.

I guess my question is can an option be put in AHP to use the firecracker device to change cameras instead of using the AHP module?

I will add this one to the suggested features list.  For now you may get better performance with a CM19 transceiver for some RF controlled cameras.  It is a trade off since this does not have power line commands, or internal memory, but since it is an RF only device it can have stronger RF send and receive capabilities than the CM15 in some environments. I believe you would face the same tradeoffs using a firecracker over a CM15 as well.

J.B.

« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2010, 10:01:13 AM »

About when did you purchase your CM15s?

Two of the CM15as have a date code of 2006. One is the 3 watt version, the other 6 watts.
The third has a code of 2007.
I had even tried a fourth CM15A belonging to someone else with a date code of 2004, 3 watts, with the polarized plug.
I can't see this being four faulty CM15As.
The errors only seem to happen when a fair number of commands are being sent and normally while using the pan, tilt, or zoom through iWatchMobile.

AHP and all three .dlls are version 3.0.0.290.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 10:05:53 AM by J.B. »

Frank3d

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2010, 06:17:11 PM »

ErikP,
I presently have a 3 camera system using 2 Vanguards and 1 Sentinel with Vanguard ICC and a modified CM19a that has excellent range. It all works perfect. I now want to use iWatch Mobile with my iPhone but don’t want to give up the excellent range I presently have with the CM19A. Are you saying I can use the CM19A with AHP instead of the CM15A realizing I don’t need Power line commands for anything?

J.B.

« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2010, 06:38:45 PM »

The CM19A firecracker is compatible with AHP versions 3.271 and up I believe.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 06:47:44 PM by J.B. »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2010, 06:43:40 PM »

Yes my lower cost AHP kit. Came with a CM19A, TM751 to receive the RF from the CM19A and AHP 3.271.

ErikP

« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »

ErikP,
I presently have a 3 camera system using 2 Vanguards and 1 Sentinel with Vanguard ICC and a modified CM19a that has excellent range. It all works perfect. I now want to use iWatch Mobile with my iPhone but don't want to give up the excellent range I presently have with the CM19A. Are you saying I can use the CM19A with AHP instead of the CM15A realizing I don't need Power line commands for anything?

Yes, the software is designed to be able to control RF cameras, such as the Sentinel and Vanguard using only a CM19A.  Some other camera models require power line commands for activation, and deactivation, but using a transceiver module on the same circuit as these cameras will translate the CM19's RF commands onto the power line so this works as well.

Frank3d

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2010, 08:21:03 PM »

ErikP,
Thanks for the quick response. I will install my purchased AHP suite from Markus w/X10 this weekend with all the latest versions and give you a report how well it works.
 >!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.