Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: New iWatchMobile  (Read 204087 times)

joelvk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: New iWatchMobile
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 08:41:25 AM »

I just installed AHP and iwatchout and iwatchmobile yesterday and I am having the opposite problem of J.B.  My iphone only shows the blue screen with no video.  I can control the cameras and change them but no video.  I have all 3 of the latest from the web site.
Iwatchout 3.8.2
iwatchmobile 3.8.2
AHP 3.8.2

I also tried to view video via 3g from iphone and could not even get a connection.  I am forwarding port 8777 to my internal ip address.
I am an IT tech so am very aware of how to do this.  Also using dyndns for external IP address.  Have tried the domain as well as external IP address and no connection at all.
I have had vanguard internet software installed for a few months and have been viewing video with remote desktop but that is very slow.
Thought this was a better solution for viewing on phone.
An ideas on how to show the video?

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 10:58:23 AM »

Installed the most recent updates and happy to say they have addressed many of the issues I found.
I'm still having issues with video displaying on the BlackBerry and also the zoom out button does not appear to be sending commands with the BlackBerry.
I noticed previously the zoom out button on the BlackBerry would only send the selected cameras on command.
I did see the video on the BlackBerry, but this only lasted a short time before I was getting a black screen with only the interface displaying.

Thank you for the improvements so far.  >!

joelvk

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 06:22:08 PM »

What versions are those if I might ask?
And where did you get them?
OK I just looked at the site and am assuming they are 3.283.
I downloaded and still have the same results. :(
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 06:42:35 PM by joelvk »

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2010, 08:21:04 PM »

What versions are those if I might ask?
And where did you get them?
OK I just looked at the site and am assuming they are 3.283.
I downloaded and still have the same results. :(
3.283 is the latest version.  You can get the new software at http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

Sorry if some of my questions are too obvious, but:
- When you control cameras and change them do you get video updates for the cameras on the camera change page on your iphone?
- What cameras do you have and how are they hooked up to your PC?  Can you see video in AHP in 'Go Live'?
- Can you access the app on your PC's web browser at http://127.0.0.1:8777/iwatch

- A quick test, from your PC's web browser (or from your iphone if you use the appropriate IP address)

http://127.0.0.1:8777/image?Act=image&Idx=-1&Cam=14

will grab the latest recorded still image from your first camera (Cam=15, second camera, etc.)

- Furthermore,
    http://127.0.0.1:8777/image?Act=image&Idx=0
will grab the latest video frame (e.g., from live video, not from the still image database)

the4tfamily

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2010, 01:32:54 AM »

I have the android eries, and can not see the video.  i can turn on the flood cams and such, but see no video.  do i need activex on my phone to see the video?? ???

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2010, 12:20:17 PM »

I have the android eries, and can not see the video.  i can turn on the flood cams and such, but see no video.  do i need activex on my phone to see the video?? ???
No, your eries should work.  What do you see on the screen?

I have the same questions as I asked the previous user:

- What cameras do you have and how are they hooked up to your PC?  Can you see video in AHP in 'Go Live'?
- Can you access the app on your PC's web browser at http://127.0.0.1:8777/iwatch

- A quick test, from your PC's web browser (or from your android phone if you use the appropriate IP address)

http://127.0.0.1:8777/image?Act=image&Idx=-1&Cam=14

will grab the latest recorded still image from your first camera (Cam=15, second camera, etc.)

- Furthermore,
    http://127.0.0.1:8777/image?Act=image&Idx=0
will grab the latest video frame (e.g., from live video, not from the still image database)

J.B.

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2010, 12:28:20 PM »

Oddly, after installing version 3.285 things were looking up using the iTouch.
Still the BlackBerry issues.
Now suddenly I cannot view video on the iTouch either, all I get is the blue background.
I can control the cameras, but no video feed.
I am often getting "An error has occurred while communicating with your AHP USB interface" in AHP.
This happens when controlling cameras using iWatchMobile.
I receive this error with any of 3 CM15As I have tried and several different versions of AHP and the plug-ins.

Just to add, the questions you asked the other users:
Camera feed runs to VA12A. Video displays properly in AHP.
Using the links you posted I only get the background image and the interface with no video feed.
This started randomly as this was working.

Update:
When I lose the video feed on the iTouch, exiting AHP and running it again doesn't fix the issue unless I kill the x10nets process first.
So this says to me that there may be an issue with x10nets.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 07:32:10 PM by J.B. »

Frank3d

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2010, 03:41:16 PM »

The software is "Buggy".  Why didn't they test it thoroughly before selling it!!!   B:(
Because its all experimental. Where can you get this kind of functional software for this kind of price. Give them a break. If you want more go on the web and pay $1k or $2k fo something thats dummy proof.

Frank3d

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2010, 03:45:04 PM »

First impressions of iWatchMobile not so good... :-\
After completely having to reinstall AHP because of issues installing ActivePhone, it appears I will have to do so again after installing iWatchMobile.
I can bring up my cameras on my iTouch but not my BlackBerry.
The icons for the app load on the BlackBerry but no image from the cams.
It also appears to have disabled ActivePhone on my iTouch.
When I attempt to pan, tilt, or zoom any of my Vanguard or Sentinel cameras they will not respond, but will if I try to control them directly from AHP or remotes.
The only camera I can get to respond to iWatchMobile is a Ninja base.
A Sentinel camera within 5' of the CM15A will not respond at all.
When I send commands from iWatchMobile, they are all on HC A. Eg: A zoomin, A Panright/left/up/down. (Not sure this matters)
I have tried reinstalling iWatchMobile, iWatchOut and then iWatchMobile, a new .ahx file, reinstalling AHP and no change.

Im glad you guys are testing this software first. Us smart guys are waiting for the bata testers like you to find the problems first. Rest assured X10 techs will get it right eventualy.

Just contacted customer service and they informed me that the software is buggy and are hoping to have it fixed by weeks end.  B:(

Frank3d

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2010, 04:14:03 PM »

Maybe one should not post in a thread where one has no experience. :'
I second that!!!!!!!!!

Frank3d

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2010, 04:52:17 PM »

I was really looking forward to the software working. They advertise install in less then 5 mins which is true but they didnt say you had to go through hours and hours of aggravation.
when i installed the iwatchmoble my ahp becomes unregistered. When i reinstall AHP the software registers just fine until i install the iwatchmoble then it becomes unregistered again.
When i connect and try my blackberry storm i get a timeout on my phone.
I hope a solution is found soon. I am very disappointed and will not buy anymore software products until the iwatchmoble works. I am done spending money on x10 products that are not as advertised and i dont have time to play software games.  B:(

Dont be so COMPLAINING! Remember your getting Industry Leading Hardware, Software "Experementer" applications for you to play with for much less than anything else on the market. If you dont have an experementer / engineer  / electronics knowledge background your lost..................I suggest you dont waist your time and money........... I personally endorse X10's effots to encourage the experementer. Rest aeassured X10 techs will work it out. Just give them time.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2010, 05:26:37 PM »

The software is "Buggy".  Why didn't they test it thoroughly before selling it!!!   B:(
Because its all experimental. Where can you get this kind of functional software for this kind of price. Give them a break. If you want more go on the web and pay $1k or $2k fo something thats dummy proof.

You're kidding, right??

Have you seen the prices for BlackBerry, Android, or IPhone apps?  I think the most I've seen is $9.99 - and they ALL work.
>!

J.B.

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2010, 05:42:52 PM »

Im glad you guys are testing this software first. Us smart guys are waiting for the bata testers like you to find the problems first. Rest assured X10 techs will get it right eventualy.
Dont be so COMPLAINING! Remember your getting Industry Leading Hardware, Software "Experementer" applications for you to play with for much less than anything else on the market. If you dont have an experementer / engineer  / electronics knowledge background your lost..................I suggest you dont waist your time and money........... I personally endorse X10's effots to encourage the experementer. Rest aeassured X10 techs will work it out. Just give them time.

1) I have FREE software which allows me to access my DVRs camera feeds from my cell phone and iTouch which works perfectly fine.
This is FAR from $1-2k.

2) I'm not a Beta tester. This software is not in Beta stages, it is being advertised to work a certain way and being sold to customers.
Normally, most software issues would be worked out PRIOR to releasing and selling it. (something called Beta testing)

I appreciate that x10s software developers are working on addressing the issues, but feel the software should have had more issues worked out before releasing it and feel it still needs much better documentation.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 05:52:24 PM by J.B. »

mcguyver

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2010, 10:31:50 PM »

1) I have FREE software which allows me to access my DVRs camera feeds from my cell phone and iTouch which works perfectly fine.
This is FAR from $1-2k.

2) I'm not a Beta tester. This software is not in Beta stages, it is being advertised to work a certain way and being sold to customers.
Normally, most software issues would be worked out PRIOR to releasing and selling it. (something called Beta testing)

I appreciate that x10s software developers are working on addressing the issues, but feel the software should have had more issues worked out before releasing it and feel it still needs much better documentation.

Thank you, I couldn’t have said it any better. I would love to have beta tested this to work out the bugs but when I bought it I was under the impression it was fully tested as advertised ( Easy 5 min setup.)

Obtw. I have been an engineer for over 30 years so i enjoy a good challenge, lol  :o
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:41:36 PM by mcguyver »
Blackberry Storm -3G only

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2010, 12:31:20 AM »

Just for the record, X10 has used beta testers in the past.  They have sent the product without charge, and not advertised it for sale until it was thoroughly tested by the beta testers.  Often, the finished, advertised product was improved over the beta product. 

The customer does not set the price.  And, Frank3d, it is not reasonable to assume that a product is untested if it under a thousand dollars.   B:(

>!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.