Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: New iWatchMobile  (Read 204064 times)

mcguyver

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: New iWatchMobile
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2010, 11:49:31 AM »

Another clean install with AHP and all plug-ins except iWatchMobile Pro and all is working.
It is definitely issues caused by this new plug-in.

lol. You probably should have waited a bit before buying.

Personally i think these whole situation was caused by Corporate jumping the gun on the releases. This is forcing the programmers to rush to get the product out to fast.  :(. it looks like they will be working more hours trying to get both versions upgraded now.  ::)
Blackberry Storm -3G only

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2010, 11:52:07 AM »

Where iWatchMobile has had many kinks worked out, I assumed this new "Pro" version should function fairly well, even being the first public build.  :'

The only reason I even have interest in this plug-in is because it includes features I suggested, that I would like to use, that the standard iWatchMobile does not.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:54:02 AM by J.B. »

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2010, 12:05:34 PM »

Ok, so I installed iWatchMobile Pro, version is 3.291 and now it, ActivePhone, and OnAlertMobile no longer function.  >*<
Tried a clean install with the same results.  B:(
I cannot even access it from a web browser locally on the AHP machine.
Any suggestions?  :'

Just noticed also that the invite a cell phone option for ActivePhone no longer allows to select a radio button to determine whether to send HTML or text email.
I assume new software, new bugs??  >*< B:(
OK, I will join you with the  B:(  We were golden when I left the office at midnight.   -:)  I know, why don't I fix this.  I will post here with 3.292 later today.

J.B.

« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »

Personally i think these whole situation was caused by Corporate jumping the gun on the releases. This is forcing the programmers to rush to get the product out to fast.  :(. it looks like they will be working more hours trying to get both versions upgraded now.  ::)

If this is the case, it directs a lot of negativity towards the developers that they shouldn't be taking the brunt of.

Icu2

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2010, 12:55:50 PM »

rofl -Beta Testers Wanted Other Than Me- rofl So, I've taken advantage of the $10 deal on "iWatchMobile Pro" for those who've purchased iWatchMobile.  But now that I've read that there are kinks that need to be worked out, I'll wait until someone posts some reassuring words like: 1. Working as promised, and 2. Not conflicting with previously installed software.  ::)   :' 
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

rnorton888

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2010, 08:47:48 PM »

I had the remote control and Iwatch moble working fine on my computer and Sprint HtC Evo. I then purchased the Moble pro and POW..
Now when I try to pull up Iwatch http://iw.x10.com/iwatchpro?xid= "gone for security" or the local WIfi it pulls up my remote control aph instead. If I try to use the WIFI URL it crashed my IE and sends a report. Also my iwatch is showing not registared now but it was and the IwatchPro is showing registered. If I try to registar it shows everything I have is registered. sheesh.
Randy
Don't buy till you hear its working.

X10 Dev

« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2010, 10:32:10 PM »

I had the remote control and Iwatch moble working fine on my computer and Sprint HtC Evo. I then purchased the Moble pro and POW..
Now when I try to pull up Iwatch http://iw.x10.com/iwatchpro?xid= "gone for security" or the local WIfi it pulls up my remote control aph instead. If I try to use the WIFI URL it crashed my IE and sends a report. Also my iwatch is showing not registared now but it was and the IwatchPro is showing registered. If I try to registar it shows everything I have is registered. sheesh.
Randy
Don't buy till you hear its working.

The update last night had some problems -- there is a new update done and being tested.  It will be another couple of hours and it will be available on the download site.  I will post here when it's ready.  Sorry for the snafu...

rnorton888

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2010, 10:36:41 PM »

Will I have to call X10 and have them reset my registration rights? I have already system restored back to yesterday before I installed it. I have copys of the files just not sure about the registration codes.
Thanks
Randy

X10 Dev

« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2010, 11:23:17 PM »

Will I have to call X10 and have them reset my registration rights? I have already system restored back to yesterday before I installed it. I have copys of the files just not sure about the registration codes.
Thanks
Randy
You can call X10 if you need a reset, but the program it will let you register a couple times before you hit the limit.

J.B.

« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2010, 07:09:56 AM »

Thanks for getting the 3.292 update out.
Still some issues, especially with the Blackberry, but I do have video and controls seem to be working now using the "unsecured" WiFi settings.
I see there is another update in the works, (3.293) so I am anxious to test this next one out.

Edit: Actually, I was having issues with the video feed flashing on the Blackberry, but this seems to stop once I open and close the slide out menu. The right pan button is also off center on the Blackberry.
Everything else seems to be working pretty much ok.

AHP is crashing though when trying to send an email to my devices.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 08:50:03 AM by J.B. »

X10 Dev

« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2010, 08:24:20 AM »

Thanks for getting the 3.292 update out.
Still some issues, especially with the Blackberry, but I do have video and controls seem to be working now using the "unsecured" WiFi settings.
I see there is another update in the works, (3.293) so I am anxious to test this next one out.

Release 292 should fix the critical issues from yesterday's 291.  Some comments:

- 'secured' Wifi mode will work with all of our mobile applications.  This provides some peace of mind for those of you using port forwarding.  You can turn on/off security from any of the 'Invite Cell Phone' dialogs in ActiveHome Pro.  You can also reset the security key which will invalidate any existing link. (Instantaneously, if someone is streaming using the old link their video will stop!)  So if you give out a secured link to someone and later decide you don't want them to have access, just reset the security key and start using the new link.  Their old link will no longer work.

- If you have iWatchMobile PRO, you may use any registered mobile application using our reflector at iw.x10.com.  You will get the security by default and not need to open any ports.

Release 293 will bring Iris and Focus controls.  We'll also look at Blackberry issues.

kevinwheeler

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2010, 08:34:55 AM »

OK - maybe my question was missed, so I'll ask again. Is there any place I can change which port is being listened to from the default of 8777? Even if its buried in the binaries and changes with each upgrade? This might be a nice item to put in and read from the Windows registry or an initialization file.

Thanks.

Kevin

J.B.

« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2010, 08:38:32 AM »

Release 292 should fix the critical issues from yesterday's 291.  Some comments:

- 'secured' Wifi mode will work with all of our mobile applications.  This provides some peace of mind for those of you using port forwarding.  You can turn on/off security from any of the 'Invite Cell Phone' dialogs in ActiveHome Pro.  You can also reset the security key which will invalidate any existing link. (Instantaneously, if someone is streaming using the old link their video will stop!)  So if you give out a secured link to someone and later decide you don't want them to have access, just reset the security key and start using the new link.  Their old link will no longer work.

- If you have iWatchMobile PRO, you may use any registered mobile application using our reflector at iw.x10.com.  You will get the security by default and not need to open any ports.

Release 293 will bring Iris and Focus controls.  We'll also look at Blackberry issues.

Thanks for the updates.
The iris and focus are important to me as I use mostly the Vanguard and Sentinel cameras.
The cameras sometimes will go slightly out of focus after zooming and this makes them difficult to view on a smaller screen.
Also, the iris settings may be set where once it becomes dusk or dark, it is too dim to see the image well. With iris controls available from iWatchMobile Pro, it will then be possible to slow the shutter speed and brighten the image to better see what I'm looking at.  >!

X10 Dev

« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2010, 02:54:23 PM »

OK - maybe my question was missed, so I'll ask again. Is there any place I can change which port is being listened to from the default of 8777? Even if its buried in the binaries and changes with each upgrade? This might be a nice item to put in and read from the Windows registry or an initialization file.
We could make the port available via the registry.  Can I ask the reason for the change?  With two separate machines, you already have different IP addresses for each, or different license keys, right?

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2010, 01:04:41 PM »

We could make the port available via the registry.  Can I ask the reason for the change?  With two separate machines, you already have different IP addresses for each, or different license keys, right?

Not the original poster - but I like to have complete control over all port assignments.
My private HTTP servers, for example, aren't on 80.

If I happened to have 8777 in use, it would be nice to know that i could change either.

Just my two cents.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.