Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: New iWatchMobile  (Read 204053 times)

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
Re: New iWatchMobile
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2010, 02:26:11 PM »

OK - maybe my question was missed, so I'll ask again. Is there any place I can change which port is being listened to from the default of 8777? Even if its buried in the binaries and changes with each upgrade? This might be a nice item to put in and read from the Windows registry or an initialization file.

Release 294, which will be up later today, allows you to change the listened port via windows registry setting.  There is no need to do this to use the software, this feature was added for a few specific users.  There is no official customer support for this feature.

That being said, to change the listened port, make the following registry change and reboot (or restart x10nets and AHP)

Using regedit, the key is
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{001000AF-2DEF-0103-10B6-DC5BA692C858}\X10\Interface

Create a new DWORD value XServerPort, and set the value to the port you wish to use.

On 64 bit versions of windows, use the following key instead:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{001000AF-2DEF-0103-10B6-DC5BA692C858}\X10\Interface

Reboot and you'll see the new value in the email invite dialog.

Icu2

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2010, 07:03:23 PM »

First and foremost, thank you AHP Dev for taking the time to read and respond to numerous posts all over these forums.  Now for my findings.

I followed the steps you posted.  I rebooted and yes I had wireless access with no problems.  I went ahead and started the X10nets service (manually) as instructed, ran AHP, but soon after I registered the AHP software and clicked the [Close] button, "Active Home Professional has stopped working" happened.  I rebooted, I did not execute AHP and internet works.  I changed the start option for X10nets service from Manual to Automatic to see what happened.  Rebooted two consecutive times without executing AHP and I had internet access both times, however the time it took my computer to find and connect to the network seems to have increased and after several minutes I've lost internet again.  Went back to having X10nets service Manually and rebooted.  I have internet access again.  After several minutes of internet access, I've executed the AHP program, no AHP crash and still have internet.  I'm going to wait a day before installing a plug-in.  I will leave my computer on for at least 12 hours straight, maybe more.  I will monitor my computer remotely using TeamViewer to check if internet stops.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:15:29 PM by Icu2 »
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

X10 Dev

« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2010, 09:27:33 PM »

I followed the steps you posted.  I rebooted and yes I had wireless access with no problems.  I went ahead and started the X10nets service (manually) as instructed, ran AHP, but soon after I registered the AHP

It sure sounds like there is a problem on your system for a service to use the network at startup.  If your extended test proves successful, I'll add an option so that x10nets won't accept network connections until AHP is started.

Icu2

« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2010, 06:57:32 AM »

After 4 hours of my computer being on and on-line, I decided to install Smart Macros.  I received the message "X10 Module has stopped working", but AHP did not crash.  I then went on to install iWathOut and this time I did not get any error messages, AHP did not crash, and I continue to have internet.  I've also been watching live camera feed remotely using TeamViewer.  It has now been almost 10 hours that my computer has been on and on-line.  I have even been rebooting remotely using TeamViewer and still there is no loss of an internet connection.  I will go ahead and install iWatchMobile PRO, which is what got me started in this thread.  I will come back and edit with the results.

Installed iWatchMobile PRO, registered it, clicked on the [close] button, no error message and no AHP crash.
Invited a phone and got the "http://0.0.0.0:8777/iWatchpro" address for WiFi
Closed AHP
Executed AHP and this time I did get a normal URL for WiFi
Invited cell phone and 30 seconds later AHP crashed.
Rebooted computer and did get internet access.
Invited cell phone.
Clicked [ok] on the Action Complete window
Checked and noticed that the X10nets service had been changed to start from Manual to Automatic.
Went to invite another phone and AHP crashed while I was trying to rename a camera's icon.

Restarted AHP, and I'm able to get an image using WiFi but it alternates between black screen and blue screen with the X10 image.

Rebooted the computer.

Now I see video feed but the image alternates from video feed to a blank gray or blank black image, depending on if I have my blackberry options to show me the page in column or page view.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:59:08 PM by Icu2 »
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

X10 Dev

« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2010, 01:22:37 PM »

Now I see video feed but the image alternates from video feed to a blank gray or blank black image, depending on if I have my blackberry options to show me the page in column or page view.
Hi, When you reinstalled, did you use the new 294 release?  It contains a whole new rendering system for video that is designed to be more gentle on the Blackberry's slower processor.   8)

Also with the 294 release we included a means to delay network startup.  There is a new registry setting that controls whether the built-in web server is started at boot time, or the first time you use AHP.  In your case, with the way your wireless seems to behave, I would recommend the delayed startup.  I've included 2 regedit files to make the change back and forth, so you don't need to use regedit.  You can download the files and double-click them in Explorer to make the change.  This will allow you to leave 'X10 Device Network Service' (x10nets.exe) on 'automatic', but have x10nets delay using the network until AHP is first launched.

To use the file, rename x10delaynetworkstartup.txt to x10delaynetworkstartup.reg, then double-click the file in Windows Explorer.

Icu2

« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2010, 02:30:45 AM »

Ok, I installed version 294 of the following software, in the following order:

(SW31A)ActiveHome Professional Software
(SW32A)ActiveHome Pro Smart Macro Plug-in
(SW33A-iWatchOut)AHP Plugin - AVX - Video
(SW34A-MyHouseOnLine)AHP Plugin - ANT - Network
(SW39A-OnAlert)AHP Plugin - Security Plugin
(SW45A)AHP Plugin - iWatchMobile
(SW46A)On Alert Mobile
(SW47A)iWatch Mobile PRO

Only after installing and registering MyHouse Online did AHP crash.

After installing OnAlertMobile I got the message "X10 module has stopped working" but AHP did not crash.

In the middle of installing iWatchMobile PRO I got the message "X10 module has stopped working", when the installation ended, AHP was activated and without any problems that I could see.  Also, I did not have to register iWatchMobile PRO and it shows that it's active.  ???

I followed the instructions concerning "x10delaynetworkstartup.reg".  I closed and then executed AHP.

I was able to "Invite a cell Phone" and this time AHP did not crash.  My phone did receive an email from AHPGateway@X10.com in a matter of seconds.  However, when I click on the link I get a "500 Error -Server not found" message, and at other times I get the message "HTTP Error 504:Gateway Timeout.  Are there any particular settings I should have for either my BlackBerry Bold 9700 or my Wireless router?

Also, thank you for providing the option to make the change back and forth on whether the built-in web server is started at boot time or the first time AHP is used, without the need to manually open and tinker with the registry.   #:)

BlackBerry Bold 9700

X10 Dev

« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2010, 03:14:09 AM »

I was able to "Invite a cell Phone" and this time AHP did not crash.  My phone did receive an email from AHPGateway@X10.com in a matter of seconds.  However, when I click on the link I get a "500 Error -Server not found" message, and at other times I get the message "HTTP Error 504:Gateway Timeout.  Are there any particular settings I should have for either my BlackBerry Bold 9700 or my Wireless router?
You shouldn't need any special settings for your wireless router to access iWatchMobile PRO from the iw.x10.com.

The "Server not found" message means that AHP isn't connected to the reflector.  I would try rebooting and starting AHP.  If you want to avoid the delay of rebooting your system. you can do any of the following:

1) On Vista or Windows 7, you can access the 'Services' tab on the task manager.  Locate 'X10 Device Network Service' and stop it and restart it.  Then start AHP.

-or-

2) Locate 'x10nets.exe' in the Processes section of the task manager.  You might have to select 'Show processes from all users'.  Select end task.  Now start AHP.  X10nets.exe should automatically start.

-or-

3) From the Windows run menu, type 'services.msc' to open the Services manager.  Locate 'X10 Device Network Service' and stop it and restart it.  Then start AHP.

X10 Dev

« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2010, 03:20:46 AM »

Ok, I installed version 294 of the following software, in the following order:

To diagnose connection problems.  I would try in the following order:

1) If anything has crashed, reboot first.
2) Open the invite cell phone dialog in AHP.  Click on the WiFi link to open iWatch PRO in your browser on your system running AHP.
3) Click on the 3G link to open iWatch PRO in your browser on your system running AHP.
4) If you have WiFi on your phone, try your WiFi link.
5) Try your 3G link on your phone.
6) Post here in the forums with the above results, and we'll try to get things sorted out...  ;D

Icu2

« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2010, 09:23:56 AM »

When I click on the WiFi link to open iWatch PRO in my computer's browser, I do get streaming video on my computer screen, but can barely see part of the control that allows me to pull out the "available camera feeds window" but I am able to select a new camera feed to view.

When I click on the 3G link to open iWatch PRO in my browser on my system running AHP, IE opens up and I do see streaming video, the control icons, and can click on the control icons.

With the phone using WiFi connection clicking the WiFi link:
BlackBerry's Native browser gives me the "HTTP Error 504:Gateway Timeout".

With the phone using 3G connection clicking on the 3G link:
The first time I clicked the link, the link opened BlackBerry's Native Browser, and I got the "HTTP Error 504:Gateway Timeout".  Then I clicked [OK] on the error window, and closed the browser so that I could then see the email with the link still selected, when I clicked on the 3G link again, I got a picture or a black screen, depending on if was looking at the page using "Column View" or "Page View".  If was viewing the page in "Column View", I would get a black screen with no controls but when I switched to "Page View" I could see the control icons, video feed for about 3 seconds, and was able to click on the controls allowing me to switch cameras and see video feed for a few seconds.  If I "refresh" the page, I'm able to see streaming video for about 5 seconds then the screen goes black. Sometimes I get a flash of video feed for a random amount of seconds and then the screen again goes black with the controls visible.

That was initially.  Now, I'm not getting an error any more and I seem to be getting a video feed that appears to refresh every 2 to 3 seconds but sometimes the screen still goes black.  I haven't yet been able to predict when that will happen.  As I was doing this, I wondered if maybe the X10 servers were starting to work better, because it seems like the more time I spend trying the links the better they seem to get.

Thanks again for all your help AHP Dev.   :)%

BlackBerry Bold 9700

X10 Dev

« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2010, 12:56:33 PM »

:)%  It seems like we are getting close!

When I click on the WiFi link to open iWatch PRO in my computer's browser, I do get streaming video on my computer screen, but can barely see part of the control that allows me to pull out the "available camera feeds window" but I am able to select a new camera feed to view.
Which version of IE are you using?  Which version of Windows?  If you resize the window do the controls pop into view?

That was initially.  Now, I'm not getting an error any more and I seem to be getting a video feed that appears to refresh every 2 to 3 seconds but sometimes the screen still goes black.  I haven't yet been able to predict when that will happen.  As I was doing this, I wondered if maybe the X10 servers were starting to work better, because it seems like the more time I spend trying the links the better they seem to get.
X10's reflector was updated last night and on Friday.  And Friday's build 294 contained new client code specific to BlackBerries to deal with the Blackberries' black screen issue. 

Does the black frame problem on your Blackberry go away after a few seconds, or once you get a black frame are you stuck with it until you reload the page?

Icu2

« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2010, 04:17:24 PM »

8 hours after my previous post I'm back to getting the "500 Error - Server not found" message.

Now when I click on the 3G link in my computer, I get a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message but if I click on the WiFi link, I do get video feed.

Which version of IE are you using?  Which version of Windows?  If you resize the window do the controls pop into view?
The Internet Explorer version I'm using is 8.0.6001.18975 .  Resizing the window by dragging the edges keeps the same aspect ratio and if I zoom in or out using [Ctrl]+["+"] or [Ctrl]+["-"] the pullout window icon on the bottom right (which is the only one I see), gets bigger to the point where its as big as the height of the window and I can have it cover the whole right side of the window.

Does the black frame problem on your Blackberry go away after a few seconds, or once you get a black frame are you stuck with it until you reload the page?
I can't verify right now since I can't get a feed, but I think I remember that if I had the "black screen", it would stay that way until I refreshed the page.  Again I wish I could tell you for sure  :-X but I can't test that right now.

BlackBerry Bold 9700

Icu2

« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2010, 11:41:56 PM »

Hello AHP Dev.  This is in response to a question you posted in another thread.

Is there any text after the '500 error'?  I went through and made some of the errors more descriptive.
Now when I try to access the 3G link with my BlackBerry I get the message "500 Error - Server disconnected".  If I try to access the same link from my computer, I get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page".  If I use Firefox to access the 3G link from my computer, I get the message "500 Error - Server not found ".
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:02:18 AM by Icu2 »

BlackBerry Bold 9700

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »

iWatchMobile/Pro seems to be working fairly decent for me with the 3.294 build. At least most of the time.
Unfortunately, 3.294, though fixing some issues for me with iWatchMobile, appears to have caused some other issues such as email alerts not being sent from my macros now.
I restored an older build and they began working again.
Did a clean install of the entire 3.294 AHP suite and they again stopped working.  :'
Developers are frequenting this thread and it is much appreciated.
I'd like to ask, as I feel it is more likely to be seen here, have the A00TV, M Unknown, and these new email issues been looked into at all yet?
If so, any estimate on when there may be an update available to fix them?
I see on the Facebook page they mentioned something new again.
Will these current issues be looked into prior to this new software?

From x10s Facebook page:

X10 What kind of cell phone do you have? Be as specific as possible. Is it an iPhone 3GS? Maybe you have an Android HTC EVO 4G? Why? Our Engineers have something up their sleeves and they need YOUR help.

X10 Dev

« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2010, 10:35:48 PM »

I'd like to ask, as I feel it is more likely to be seen here, have the A00TV, M Unknown, and these new email issues been looked into at all yet?

Yes.

If so, any estimate on when there may be an update available to fix them?

Tonight is 295!  That is, assuming a programmer's definition of tonight.  The email issue you reported has not been looked at yet, we're examining that now.

I see on the Facebook page they mentioned something new again.
Will these current issues be looked into prior to this new software?
From x10s Facebook page:
X10 What kind of cell phone do you have? Be as specific as possible. Is it an iPhone 3GS? Maybe you have an Android HTC EVO 4G? Why? Our Engineers have something up their sleeves and they need YOUR help.

>*<

That is not quite what you think.  There is always new software in the pipeline, but I asked for that info to better understand our iWatchMobile user base.  I was surprised by the number of Blackberry users here on the forums -- I would have thought there were more Android and iPhone users -- and I want to know what the breakdown is.

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2010, 10:41:22 PM »

That is not quite what you think.  There is always new software in the pipeline, but I asked for that info to better understand our iWatchMobile user base.  I was surprised by the number of Blackberry users here on the forums -- I would have thought there were more Android and iPhone users -- and I want to know what the breakdown is.

I recall mention of device specific releases for iWatchMobile and/or the other mobile plug-ins.
The statement
Our Engineers have something up their sleeves and they need YOUR help
(I assume from Joe...), just sounded as though they were having you work on new software again before allowing any chance to address some of the current issues.
I was hoping this wasn't the case.

Thanks for the reply.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:43:54 PM by J.B. »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.