Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: window/door sensors + beveled trim  (Read 3709 times)

narual

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
window/door sensors + beveled trim
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:23:51 PM »

This must be a stupid question, because I could only find one post on it and the replies weren't that helpful... and yet, almost every home I've ever seen would have this problem.

All of the windows, and most of the doors in my house have trim which is beveled or curved. When I've tried to install the sensors, I just can't work out how to do it. Do you just have to cut a shim or something on a curve so they lay flat? I must be missing something obvious. Can someone maybe post a photo of how they have their sensors installed in a situation like this?

Also, with the X10 sensors, is it possible to get a second magnet and mount it in a partially opened window position or something, so the window can be opened for ventilation without setting off the system?

Thanks so much!
-JC

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: window/door sensors + beveled trim
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 06:37:25 PM »

Also, with the X10 sensors, is it possible to get a second magnet and mount it in a partially opened window position or something, so the window can be opened for ventilation without setting off the system?

Thanks so much!
-JC

Yes you can use a second magnet.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
Re: window/door sensors + beveled trim
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 07:24:47 PM »

The magnets can be angled to each other it doesn't matter as long as they're somewhat close to each other.

http://thex10shop.mybisi.com/product/x10-x-10-extra-ds10a-door-window-sensor-magnetic-contacts

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.