Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Iwatchmobile bugs  (Read 34318 times)

mcguyver

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Iwatchmobile bugs
« on: October 01, 2010, 02:38:10 PM »

Ok, I figured I would start this thread to inform people on the operation of this software through my experence with it.

Like all new software there are bugs which need to be worked out. The only problem is this should have been done before putting this on the market to make money.

I downloaded iwatchmoble a few days back and have been working out all the setup problems this software requires to work.  (Took way longer than 5 mins. Rofl)

After installing for the first time on my blackberry storm using 3g my first problem was the iwatchmobile software unregistered my AHP. To fix I had to do a complete uninstall and then reinstall to clear the code reg. Problem.

My second problem was in order to grant access through my router I had to create a static ip or as I was told set up port forwarding which for me creating a static ip is the same thing. (correct me if I am wrong)

After finally getting everything set up I was able to make it work. (Somewhat).  I have video and can tilt and pan but the image on the blackberry is not refreshing at all. I have a regular computer next to me and I can see the image move but not on the blackberry. After over 10 mins of letting the blackberry seat, there is still no refreshing of the moved image on my cell phone.

I had to do a refresh of the brower which then took forever to load the image back up. If I was monitoring my house they could remove all the contents and I would never see it.

So my overall thought on this is its not as advertised at all and should not be on the market. That’s just my opinion and my very with other phones.
Good luck if you choose to buy it at this stage.
Blackberry Storm -3G only

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Iwatchmobile bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 04:49:21 PM »

My second problem was in order to grant access through my router I had to create a static ip or as I was told set up port forwarding which for me creating a static ip is the same thing. (correct me if I am wrong)

A static IP and port forwarding are not the same.
An IP address is like your computers house number that identifies it on your internal network and on the internet.
Ports are like the different doors and windows in your house and each is numbered differently.
Ports need to be open for programs to communicate online.
Most routers, firewalls, etc... block any unused ports to lower the risk of unwanted connections.
If you were to allow open access to your system over the internet (you can do this, it's called DMZ) you would most likely be hacked in a very short time.
It's nothing to do with x10 causing you to have to open up a port to use their software, it is a standard security measure with routers and firewalls.

There is an updated version of iWatchMobile and the rest of the AHP suite just released.
I installed it and it seems they have worked out some of the issues.
I am still having some issues when using it with my BlackBerry though.
Have you installed the updated versions? This would be 3.283.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 04:56:04 PM by J.B. »

mcguyver

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 06:19:07 PM »

Good info. I am sure it will come in handy for others as well. I am not worried about using the static Ip over port forwarding because I have more then one computer.
There is not much on the computer I use for AHP. I use it just for monitoring .My main computer is secure.

Lol. As far as having the update, yes I just checked and when I wiped it clean and reinstalled I must have lucked out. I pick up all the updates.
No wonder it works somewhat. Now we need to fix the refresh. Cant get it to refresh on the blackberry browser.

To bad they couldn’t come up with an app for the blackberry and other phones instead of relying on a web browser

Much appreciated and thanks

J.B.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 07:03:29 PM »

I'm only getting video on the BlackBerry for a short time and then a black screen until I refresh, too.
This is using WiFi and the same connection type/speed as my iTouch which is working MUCH better with iWatchMobile now.
The blackberry also shows no command being sent in AHP activity monitor when using the zoom out button in iWatchMobile.
Last release it was showing the selected cameras On command and not zoom out.
Hopefully they will address the BlackBerry issues in the near future.

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 08:27:18 PM »

I'm only getting video on the BlackBerry for a short time and then a black screen until I refresh, too.
This is using WiFi and the same connection type/speed as my iTouch which is working MUCH better with iWatchMobile now.
The blackberry also shows no command being sent in AHP activity monitor when using the zoom out button in iWatchMobile.
Last release it was showing the selected cameras On command and not zoom out.
Hopefully they will address the BlackBerry issues in the near future.

I'm working on the Blackberry issue.  I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 sitting on my desk waiting for a SIM card...  I have a loaner Blackberry Curve arriving soon. It will be another day or two and I'll be able to look at it.

We will likely be doing some native apps later this year, but it's much quicker to do web apps, and this way we can work with phones that don't have apps or don't have a large enough market to justify an app...  And it's pretty cool to get video in a web app... :)

J.B.

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 08:43:03 PM »

Thanks for the updates so far, they seem to have fixed several of the issues.  >!

mcguyver

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 11:18:25 AM »

I'm working on the Blackberry issue.  I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 sitting on my desk waiting for a SIM card...  I have a loaner Blackberry Curve arriving soon. It will be another day or two and I'll be able to look at it.

We will likely be doing some native apps later this year, but it's much quicker to do web apps, and this way we can work with phones that don't have apps or don't have a large enough market to justify an app...  And it's pretty cool to get video in a web app... :)

Thanks for improving the software so fast. If you need any beta testers I will be more then happy to help. I have a 1st gen blackberry storm running 3g no wifi ;D.

If you can get the app to refresh faster and without manually having to refresh that would be great, this link you posted http://127.0.0.1:8777/image?Act=image&Idx=0 manually refreshes alot quicker then the one sent by ahp. I know is doesnt have all the button but that should make much of a differents. lol.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:23:35 AM by mcguyver »

J.B.

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 11:26:46 AM »

Have you tried the latest version 3.285 with your Storm yet?

mcguyver

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 01:08:55 PM »

Have you tried the latest version 3.285 with your Storm yet?

Yes i am using 3.285 .  y is it suppose to refresh?

J.B.

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 01:10:37 PM »

Thought you may have been using one of the other recent releases, 3.283 or 3.284.
Just wondering if you had any better luck with the latest version.

Frank3d

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 03:33:50 PM »

Anyone using the iPhone 4 with iWatch yet? Im reluctant to use it intil I see some reports.

J.B.

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 03:38:51 PM »

I would think it would work decently for you at this point.
I'm using it with an iTouch 3G and BlackBerry and it works much better with the iTouch.

Frank3d

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Iwatchmobile port forwarding
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 10:59:22 AM »

Why dosent Vanguard ICC require port forwarding?

Ok, I figured I would start this thread to inform people on the operation of this software through my experence with it.

Like all new software there are bugs which need to be worked out. The only problem is this should have been done before putting this on the market to make money.

I downloaded iwatchmoble a few days back and have been working out all the setup problems this software requires to work.  (Took way longer than 5 mins. Rofl)

After installing for the first time on my blackberry storm using 3g my first problem was the iwatchmobile software unregistered my AHP. To fix I had to do a complete uninstall and then reinstall to clear the code reg. Problem.

After finally getting everything set up I was able to make it work. (Somewhat).  I have video and can tilt and pan but the image on the blackberry is not refreshing at all. I have a regular computer next to me and I can see the image move but not on the blackberry. After over 10 mins of letting the blackberry seat, there is still no refreshing of the moved image on my cell phone.

I had to do a refresh of the brower which then took forever to load the image back up. If I was monitoring my house they could remove all the contents and I would never see it.

So my overall thought on this is its not as advertised at all and should not be on the market. That’s just my opinion and my very with other phones.
Good luck if you choose to buy it at this stage.

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
Re: Iwatchmobile port forwarding
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 02:08:03 PM »

Why dosent Vanguard ICC require port forwarding?

A couple of important comments.

#1.  iWatchMobile is a WiFi product.  The fact that it works on 3G if you have some expertise and and right phone is a PLUS, but not what the product is supposed to be able to do.  We will continue to work to make sure that everyone has the best experience that we can create, regardless of what it is supposed to be.  But please bear with us for a few days as we learn how our users are working with the product and try to stretch the product to fit.  iWatchMobile was developed on iPhones and Android phones and can work rediculously well.  In our application planning, we thought we might get at best a few frames a second.  Instead we're getting double-digit frames per second on a WiFi cell phone browser using HTML/script only and *NO* video codec.  And with, live streaming and interactive controls layered on top, AND with no buffering latency.  This is impressive. 

Furthermore, since this is done using basic HTML/Javascript on the client side, it should work on any phone that supports basic HTML and Javascript.  Unfortunately, the key word is support, and some phones are famous for having crippled or non-compliant browsers.  To the extent that we can rework the client script to support as many phones as we can, we will...

FurthermoreThe client HTML/javascript portion is very simple and SHOULD work everywhere.   

#2.  Vanguard doesn't require port forwarding because X10 hosts a series of reflector servers to remove the need for port forwarding.  We are considering doing the same thing for phones, but this would be a separate product -- Unfortunately hosting the reflector servers is an ongoing expense for X10 and would have to be incorporated in the price of the product.

mcguyver

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 06:33:16 PM »

Thanks for explaining what the product was meant for.
I can handle the capacity of the software but x10 needs to add ( iWatchMobile is a WiFi product but will partially work with some g3 phones.) . All i saw was that it works with any smart phone. lol not exactly the truth.

Now :', can you please add a refresh button so us unfortunate 3G user can manually refresh faster. roflmao. >!

Thank you again and good luck.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.