Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Compatible phones  (Read 26578 times)

cactusjack99

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Compatible phones
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 05:51:46 PM »

Hi Dave;  I did see that one,,, I marked it as a maybe,,,,, it does not mention AHP anyplace in the literature, and I don't relish running something else,,,,, since I've already got AHP I was hoping to use that,,,, ???  or maybe I'm confused, who knows?  It's easy at my age.... hahahahah

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 09:00:45 PM »

Hi Dave;  I did see that one,,, I marked it as a maybe,,,,, it does not mention AHP anyplace in the literature, and I don't relish running something else,,,,, since I've already got AHP I was hoping to use that

Lots of posts here at this forum about it. Sorry I should have included this link to begin with:  http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=16616.msg91571#msg91571
Home Automation is an always changing technology

cactusjack99

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 12:08:31 PM »

Hi Dave, thanks.  Indeed, I went back to x10 this morning and started getting more enthused about x10 commander, and then I figured out it is a "commander",,, hahahahahahah,,, duh.  Nothing about video, and of course, my main use for AHP is to view video remotely, to make sure all is well when oot.

So,,, still trolling for solutions.

it sure is too bad myhouse online doesn't work,,,, sigh.

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 12:30:25 AM »

Nothing about video, and of course, my main use for AHP is to view video remotely, to make sure all is well when oot.
To answer your question: the Mobile "apps" or plug-ins are webpages served by AHP. Anything that can browse the web (Android, iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, laptop etc...) can view the pages and interact with them.

In the case of iWatchMobile Pro, that means watching the video stream over the internet, directly to your device.
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
Re: Compatible phones, and...????
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 07:17:10 PM »

I just cannot resist asking this and branding myself a total idiot,,,, but here goes:

I searched iphone/ipad/ipod app store for an x10 app, and not much shows, although there are a couple that claim x10 compatibility.

Then I sorted through some links on AHP (running on my home PC) and found the iwatchmobile wiki pages, and finally I got here,,, I am gathering from reading this that iwatchmobile and pro, are not apps, they are instead links from ahp to the phones, using wifi or 3g, etc.  ok, enough background.

Here's the question,,, is there any reason then that this would not work on ipad/ipod?  assuming of course, one has the wifi connection?

I have AHP, have had for years, and have solved the myhouse online issue using radmin and port forwarding, only issue is I have to lug my laptop around to get access remotely.  Suddenly this iwatchmobile pro info sounds like a way out of that miasma,,, and my ipod is a heck of alot easier to drag around than my laptop.... yes/no/maybe???

iWatchMobile Pro works on the iPhone, or on the iPod with WiFi.  The phone component is a web application so it works on all smart phones, not just iPhones or Android phones.

Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.