Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Love hate  (Read 10020 times)

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: Love hate
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 08:51:16 PM »

Dan is right -  Windows Updates reboot your PC, and you have to get the updates - although I am not sure why...  If your home automation setup worked great when you set it up in 2009, why do you need to get Windows updates weekly   ???

And the answer to Dave W about cameras and movies on the cell phone is simple...  It makes money for the wireless carrier.

When cell phones first got cameras, I didn't get it AT ALL - I used the phone to make calls, period.  Then one day I took a picture with it, and it came out pretty good...  so I wanted it off of my phone - and it hit me...  In order to get the picture off the phone, you either needed data service for an extra $20 a month, or pay the data fee to email the picture off the phone - unlike a digital camera...  So it was confirmed that they give us free abilities on your phone to get additional service fees from us all.  Brilliant!   ;D
>!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 08:55:05 PM »

Dan is right -  Windows Updates reboot your PC, and you have to get the updates - although I am not sure why...  If your home automation setup worked great when you set it up in 2009, why do you need to get Windows updates weekly   ???

And the answer to Dave W about cameras and movies on the cell phone is simple...  It makes money for the wireless carrier.

When cell phones first got cameras, I didn't get it AT ALL - I used the phone to make calls, period.  Then one day I took a picture with it, and it came out pretty good...  so I wanted it off of my phone - and it hit me...  In order to get the picture off the phone, you either needed data service for an extra $20 a month, or pay the data fee to email the picture off the phone - unlike a digital camera...  So it was confirmed that they give us free abilities on your phone to get additional service fees from us all.  Brilliant!   ;D

As to Windows Updates, MS will not tell anyone, THEY ARE IN CHARGE!!!!  Been that way since Windows 95.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 06:01:14 AM »

My Windows update last night. Required a reboot to complete the update.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.