Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Upload timers and macros crashing system  (Read 3173 times)

wdhyatt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Upload timers and macros crashing system
« on: October 12, 2010, 10:48:23 AM »

I have been running AHP with a CM19 with success on a Win XP machine.  I just bought the ActivePhone and a CM15 for the system.  The activePhone installed Ok (new sw 3.285) but whenever I go to upload my timers and macros, AHP crashes.  I tried going back to the CM19 and it crashes at the same point.  I go back to 3.271 and it crashes - with both the CM15 and CM19 (but only 1 plugged in at a time) and no ActivePhone.  Tech support had no idea.  After each crash the next start up just freezes without loading my modules and I have to do a reinstall to get going again.  Have checked at each new startup that the drivers for the unused CM were not installed.

Is there anything I can do to get back to the "original configuration"?  As a follow up, can a CM15 and CM19 co-exist? 

Thanks,
Doug

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Upload timers and macros crashing system
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:02:15 PM »

Unless you want to do a total uninstall of AHP first.  Yes the CM15A and the CM19A can co-exist but the CM19A needs a transceiver (TM759 or RR501) to put X10 signals on the powerline.

I recommend the total uninstall, it cleans out AHP and both folders it creates, so a new install is clean.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10inGA

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 10:34:39 PM »

wdhyatt, any luck with this?  We seem to be having the same issue..

WaldoDog

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 04:25:20 PM »

I just Had the same problem.  Finally found out that the plug-ins needed to be loaded first then download and install AHP or Active Phone.  I finally got Active Phone and Macro plug-in working, but still have a problem trying to get My Home, On Alert and Security plug-ins to work with AHP.  Right now I am satisfied just getting AHP back up and running.

If I download all plug-ins first and then download Active Phone,  It will start to run and let me register the software but after that it turns on my camera light and bombs.

I have just spent 3 weeks trying to get tech level 2 support.

Any help appreciated.
Waldo

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 06:33:29 PM »

I have just spent 3 weeks trying to get tech level 2 support.

Any help appreciated.
Waldo
Post on their Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/X10network) that you are having trouble getting through to Tier 2 support.
They usually respond back asking you to give them a phone number, where they can have Tier 2 call you back.

thejackal

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 10:23:02 AM »

I've had the same problem with macros. I've learned that when it happens I load up a blank setup and upload that to the cm15a then try and reload my normal file. Sometimes I just delete a macro and hit update and then put that macro back in from the trash can and update again. Oddly it works most of the time. Other times AHP just hates the macro that I'm working on.  B:(  Not sure if any of this will work for you.

I've had a set of macros running for weeks and then I'll add a macro and the whole thing just crashes. Now when I work on macros I leave task manager open to kill x10.net so I can restart AHP without a reboot. And before I work on anything in AHP a backup with date is made.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.