Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Security  (Read 9223 times)

RRobaldo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Security
« on: October 12, 2010, 12:28:55 PM »

I, and I assume many others, am using port forwarding on my router to allow me to access iwatchmobile when away from home.

This being the case, is there any kind of security feature X10 can add so that only I can see my images and not just anyone who happens to find the address of iwatchmobile's web server?

Maybe some password that I can setup?

I don't want just anybody able to check out the interior of my house whenever they want.  Especially if I happen to be in my bvd's! :o

Thanks,
Lance Robaldo
Lance@Robaldo.com
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:35:18 PM by RRobaldo »

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
Re: Security
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 10:25:58 PM »

I, and I assume many others, am using port forwarding on my router to allow me to access iwatchmobile when away from home.

This being the case, is there any kind of security feature X10 can add so that only I can see my images and not just anyone who happens to find the address of iwatchmobile's web server?

Maybe some password that I can setup?

I don't want just anybody able to check out the interior of my house whenever they want.  Especially if I happen to be in my bvd's! :o

Yes we will put in a simple password system.  Check back Monday evening for the release.

geeforce

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 11:22:45 PM »

Has the password system been created. I think it is a great idea. It's a concern of mine now that i'm using portforwarding.

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 07:15:02 PM »

Has the password system been created. I think it is a great idea. It's a concern of mine now that i'm using portforwarding.

Yes.  If you click 'Use Security For WiFi' on the invite cell phone dialog, you'll see a long passkey-protected URL.  Use that link to connect to iWatchMobile.  If you want to change the key and make sure anyone using the existing key can't view your camera, click the 'Reset Security Key' button.  Your security key will change, and anyone using the existing key (even if they are already connected) will be unable to access your camera.  They will have to be emailed a new key to log on.

peg-leg

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »

Nice.  Great add on.  Thanks AHP Development!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.