Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: i have a solution for checking wireless camera views as i set them up outdoors  (Read 6593 times)

DWOLF

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

at 1st i'd find what i thought would be suitable locations to mount my wireless cameras,set them up temporary,turn them on,run in,look at motitor,tv,computer,ect, 2 ck my veiws on each cam. this can get time consuming,running back n forth,not anymore,i took the portable monitor for backup cam out of my explorer,which just so happens 2 recieve the signal from my x10wireless cams,i took a 212v drill battery,2 gator clips,attached clips 2end of wires that power monitor,attached clips 2battery,now i have a totally portable handheld moniyor 2 carry with me as i set up or change views on cams. has made thins so easy,takes no time 2 have everything up running no matter where i'm setting cam up,no more climbing up n down,in n out moving cam this way n that way n u get the pic,the brand monitor is color wireless receiver by vr3,from wal mart,its bout size of a digital camera,has awsome pic,excelent range,comes with wiweless backup cam as well,under $100. another thing i did,sense i no longer need backup cam in my truck,i attached it 2 a ningia pan n tilt base,changed to a adjustable focus,wide/tele lense,i've not seen any setuo fort the amount i have in this,come close 2 quality of view this has now,has lo light that sees in color at nite as lons as there is some sort of light sourse somewhere in the area,i'm not talking bout lights 4 the cam,no ir or ,leds or anything,street lights a block away allow this cam 2 see enough light at night that in my yard it look as though its a cloudy day,everythin is as vivid as it can b. i was shocked sense when can was used 4 backup cam on my truck,it saw nothing if it was even close 2dark,suprised me that a lense change gat it such great vision in the dark,i've never seen anything like it

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16

Great ideas!
Another simple, portable monitor for setting up cameras is the newly released iWatchMobile.
This lets you use your smartphone or iTouch as a portable x10 camera monitor.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17

DWOLF -  I think it would be helpful to all to supply us with links to the products you mention...  Like a walmart.com link to the camera, and where you got the lens... 

I know it would help me a great deal   ;)
>!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171

...2 ck... ...n... ...2end... ...n u... ...bout... ...2 a... ...lons... ...4... ...b... ...2dark... ...gat...

???

Thank you for your contribution to the forum, but please do not post in the form of a text message. Real words are much nicer to read, and there is no limit to the number of characters per post.

Thank you.

DWOLF

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

I'll work on that,forgive me if any of my future post are written that way,i'm so used to texting that its became habbit in everything i write.Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17

After typing more than a few emails on my blackberry, I can see why people shorten words....  but the numbers (such as '2nite') are harder to type than letters!   ???
>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.