Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A2 signal from macro fires A1!!  (Read 6875 times)

misterbeefy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
A2 signal from macro fires A1!!
« on: October 15, 2010, 05:25:15 PM »

OK, this is TOTALLY weird! I have a macro that turns off my formal living room lights every 5 minutes. They are set to House/unit code A2. I have a rather large house, so I have a TM751 to help relay RF signals from my remotes. When it's plugged in, my family room lamp that is on A1 turns off every 5 mins when the macro fires. What gives?? It was working fine, but I just updated AHP to the latest version so I could install it on my Windows 7 PC. FYI, I'm also getting the flood of traffic for M unknown A00TV A00TV in my activity monitor as well. Thanks in advance for any help!

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
Re: A2 signal from macro fires A1!!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 07:17:35 PM »

1) Have you tried making a new ActiveHome file (AHX) and setting up just that macro to check?
2) Do you have any cameras or security modules in your set up?
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

misterbeefy

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »

1. Haven't tried creating a new macro because that one took so long and is so big!
2. Yes, I have both security and cameras. The main security controller isn't plugged in, but some door/window sensors still are.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 08:37:06 PM »

Do us a favor: Post the contents of the macro, so we can see what's going on and provide a solution.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

misterbeefy

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 11:31:55 AM »

Do us a favor: Post the contents of the macro, so we can see what's going on and provide a solution.
It's A2 Off
Wait 5 minutes

I repeat this for a total of 55 minutes, in addition to timer job which fires the macro every hour, on the hour, which makes it run every 5 minutes 24/7.

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 11:57:05 AM »

This is usually due to noise on the line 'morphing' the x10 signal. I have an XPT type switch that when I turn on the outdoor 'party lights' sometimes the security light will come on instead and it is only one unit code difference.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 01:37:39 PM »

OK, this is TOTALLY weird! I have a macro that turns off my formal living room lights every 5 minutes. They are set to House/unit code A2. I have a rather large house, so I have a TM751 to help relay RF signals from my remotes. When it's plugged in, my family room lamp that is on A1 turns off every 5 mins when the macro fires. What gives?? It was working fine, but I just updated AHP to the latest version so I could install it on my Windows 7 PC. FYI, I'm also getting the flood of traffic for M unknown A00TV A00TV in my activity monitor as well. Thanks in advance for any help!

Just a question.  WHY do you have a macro that kills lights every 5 minutes?   Once the lights are off, they stay off.  My single keypress macro turns off lights in 3 housecodes and they stay off until either timer triggered or turned on locally by SS13's.

misterbeefy

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 02:20:37 PM »

Just a question.  WHY do you have a macro that kills lights every 5 minutes?   Once the lights are off, they stay off.  My single keypress macro turns off lights in 3 housecodes and they stay off until either timer triggered or turned on locally by SS13's.

Hehe, this is an easy question to answer :) I have 4 kids, 3 still at home, that don't know how to turn the lights off! This particular switch has 2 chandeliers on it with 6 - 20w bulbs each. That's 240 watts getting sucked down whenever they're on. Very rarely is there a need of light in this room for more than 5 minutes, as it's connected to the kitchen and formal dining room in an open floor-plan,  and the ambient light trickles through. This is to try to cut down on my 5-600 dollar a month electric bill.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 02:30:59 PM »

This is to try to cut down on my 5-600 dollar a month electric bill.
Gasp!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 08:25:12 PM »

Another question:  Where are you located?  A 5-600 dollar a month electric bill?  GASP!!!   

Now I understand why the every 5 minutes.  It's a shame X10 doesn't make a treadle switch.  If they did, you could assign a house and unit code to it and have it control the 2 lights.  When the kids leave the room, they walk over the switch (under the rug?) and the lights go out.

All seriousness aside, try making the interval 10 minutes and see what happens.   I'm not a macro expert, but I believe one macro can call another, so you could brake your macro into 2 or 3, all called by the first one.   

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 08:42:20 PM »

Not to be funny or anything but $500?  Seriously, take the light bulbs out!!!   :'
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:34:35 PM »

Not to sound... morbid.. but lights are generally a tiny portion of an electric bill.

The cost of electric... is mostly regulatory. The only way to reduce the cost in both the short and the long term... is to replace the people that regulate your electric use.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 10:16:55 AM »

The cost of electric... is mostly regulatory. The only way to reduce the cost in both the short and the long term... is to replace the people that regulate your electric use.
I can see November 2 from my living room.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 01:11:12 PM »

I can see November 2 from my living room.

WOW!!!   Do you have access to a Way-Bak Machine?    ::)

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 03:19:30 PM »

Another question:  Where are you located?  A 5-600 dollar a month electric bill?  GASP!!!   

My first house, in TX, was all electric.  I can certainly see how a monthly bill could hit that. Especially if I had my family of 5 back then.

Now, in CO, I'm electric and natural gas.
In the depth of winter, a $450 total utility bill isn't out of the question.
 :'(
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.