Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: video cams  (Read 7423 times)

cherokee2000

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
video cams
« on: October 15, 2010, 06:42:50 AM »

can someone help me out, i have  one wireless cam, and 3 wired, that i want to install. what do i need to be able to see them all on the tv screen.  I'm new to all this, but as i get older i want it for our security i have one cam on the computer, working off vanguard, i would rather they be on the tv all together.  thank you very much..jack

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: video cams
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 07:05:18 AM »

Does the TV have a composite video input?
Maybe a yellow RCA style connector. Your TV may have labels on the connectors with their function.

You should be able to get a video multiplexer that switches the composite video from each camera to the video input of the TV.
Since you only have one wireless camera. Having one on at a time to eliminate interference should not be a problem.

cherokee2000

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 08:04:18 AM »

thank you, any ideas where to purchase this item, and maybe a rough cost of same. thanks again...jack

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 10:08:34 AM »

Do you know if the TV in question has the needed Composite Video Input?

Also they make Color and B&W Quad Video processors. Are you thinking of Color or B&W?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:39:46 AM by Brian H »

cherokee2000

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 01:20:31 PM »

I'll take a B&W proc.   as far as the tv set is concerned, it's got a lot of plug ins that are red,white, yellow, blue. that's the extent of my knowledge on this stuff...thank you brian.......jack

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 05:44:26 PM »

I buy this kind of stuff on Ebay...  It's not for everyone, but it works for me.  Here's one ad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-4-CHANNEL-QUAD-VIDEO-MULTIPLEXER-PICTURE-IN-PICTURE-/260678278871?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb1a2ded7

There are tons on there.  I searched "Video Multiplexer".  They start under $50 and go up and up from there.   ;)
>!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 06:32:53 AM »

nybuck's tip on searching should find you what you need.
The one he found uses BNC connectors so you would probably need an adapter with a RCA female jack for the cameras cable to a BNC Male to mate with the video multiplexer.

On the TV you would be looking for a input. Maybe marked Composite in and would be a group of three RCA connectors. Yellow Red and White if the normal color convention is followed. Yellow is composite video. Red right audio and While left audio.

cherokee2000

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 09:00:53 AM »

thank you brian and nybuck. i started looking on ebay, and found a big selection of those multiplexers. thanks again guys for helping me out..hope i can manage the rest..jack

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.