Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Chime(SC546A) and Eagle Eye (ms14a)  (Read 7148 times)

vantech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Chime(SC546A) and Eagle Eye (ms14a)
« on: October 17, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »

Yesterday i had the ms14a sounding the chime without any macros, it worked all day no problems..Today ms14a will not activate the chime, it shows it being activated int AHP but no sound is being heard.  Unplugged chime and it will chime when plugged back in, but not on commandfrom the ms14a.  Both ms14a and chime are on code A1    B:(    So today i write a macro and it still wont sound the chime

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Van Tassel

PS> it also shows up as an alert on my phone with Autom8 running

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Chime(SC546A) and Eagle Eye (ms14a)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 04:52:30 PM »

Yesterday i had the ms14a sounding the chime without any macros, it worked all day no problems..Today ms14a will not activate the chime, it shows it being activated int AHP but no sound is being heard.  Unplugged chime and it will chime when plugged back in, but not on commandfrom the ms14a.  Both ms14a and chime are on code A1    B:(    So today i write a macro and it still wont sound the chime
Could be an electrical noise problem that was not present yesterday. Are you using the CM15A with AHP? If so be sure you have the "A" house code being transcieved. N A noise source between the CM15A and the chime will prevent the powerline signals from getting to the chime.
Anything like a cell phone charger, flat panel TV, computer, etc could be caising noise so look for devices on now that were not on yesterday. This site will help: http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

vantech

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 05:16:30 PM »

B:(  now it seems to be working, but now my palm pad isn't ya hit the button for a light and on the AHP screen the switch flips on but the light doesnt come on associated with the palm pad, but if i flip the switch on the screen with my mouse the light will come on B:( B  even when i use my phone (autom8) it works fine   >*<

vantech

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 05:28:17 PM »

GOT IT WORKING YEAH     :)%  :)%  :)%  >!  >!  >!    http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=4611.0

vantech

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 09:58:07 PM »

So with an ms14a and a chime along with a tm751. I have it working as a walk way sensor that rings the chime when some one walks up the walkway. Now tell me if i'm correct, i have written no macro for this to work i just set the chime on A1 and the ms14a on A1 and the tm751 on house code A. I had originally had to write a macro to do this and it worked probably for about 2 or 3 weeks or so with no problems, then today no good won't work, delete macro and now it works with a lot of false alarms....very unreliable this x-10 stuff

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 09:29:50 AM »

... and now it works with a lot of false alarms....very unreliable this x-10 stuff

The false alarms could be caused by a problem with any of the components in your setup.
It is generally recommended to avoid HouseCode "A", and unit code A1 specifically. This is the factor-default setting for all X10 devices, and you may get stray commands from neighbors whose sensors have low batteries, or are not set up correctly.

However, I would suggest you check the motion sensor first. In my opinion, your "false alarms" may be caused by the motion sensor being triggered by animals, leaves, or other motion (wind blowing the nearby trees or bushes, even), and ever time the chime is sounding, it is because the motion sensor is triggered, not because of other stray signals. Repositioning the motion sensor may help, if that is indeed the cause.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.