Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard ICC Crashes on start, WinXP  (Read 7320 times)

BryanX9X

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard ICC Crashes on start, WinXP
« on: October 19, 2010, 12:54:41 PM »

I have installed your software, & when i try & run your software it errors out & crashes.  The error i get is that "run as a dll" has failed & must close.

This is after a clean installation of your software.  The software does not even fully load before it errors out.

I have done a full cleaning of the install, uninstalled the software, deleted any folders pertaining to X10, cleaned the registry of any keys related to X10, restarted the machine, re-installed.  Same issue.

Does anyone have a clue?  some way to fix this?  or possibly some decent attempts at technical support?

Or am i just  beating a dead horse >*< & i should just send this stuff back & get my money back?

BryanX9X

Re: Vanguard ICC Crashes on start, WinXP
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 10:58:51 AM »

I love it! 

It has been almost a month now, 141 views, but not a single response.   :)%  Not even from tech support.   #:)  Way to go.

What is the purpose of having a KB & Forum, if the techs are not even going to respond?

X.X

erniejt

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 02:20:50 AM »

Hey Bryan, as you can see, you're not alone out there. I've got the same problem under Windows 7. Maybe Tech Support will get around to looking these posts over soemday soon.

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 02:47:22 AM »

I have installed your software, & when i try & run your software it errors out & crashes.

This forum isn't x10s tech support, it's mostly other customers who share information and try to help other individuals out, if possible.
Most of us don't work for x10, though on occasion, some of their employees do answer questions.
You may be better off calling x10 and asking for tech support if your question hasn't been answered here.
You may also want to try the search function of the forum to see if your question may have been answered previously.

What version of the Vanguard software are you running?
If there is a newer version your issue may have been fixed in it.
Have you looked here to see if there is an updated version of Vanguard?
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

BryanX9X

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 09:22:47 AM »

erniejt;

ThanXX for the comment, sorry to hear that you are having the same error.  Currently i am running XP but was thinking about upgrading to 7, but that will not solve my problem.  =(

J.B.;

While my account says newbie, i am in no way a noob.  I've got the latest version of the software.  I have searched through the KB & the forums & while there are a lot of people expressing the same problem, there are no solutions.  I have been in contact with tech support directly, & still no solutions.  While you may feel that this is not a forum for the techs to answer in, i would have to politely disagree with you.  This forum is part of their site, which they in turn monitor, change, & update.  Most businesses that have such a forum have their techs in their forum helping their customers.  It is not just a forum for the customers to go to & talk with each other. 

I appreciate your response & your help, so if this post seems a bit harsh please just know that it is not at you.  It is just X10's lack of support for their customers.  It is almost as if the software they sell is third party software & they really do not have any programmers or real tech support in house.

Not to mention that with any major business that offers tech support, the issuing of a crash ticket is normally followed by the tech asking for the logs of the crash.  I have yet to be asked for such logs, & i have not seen any such requests in the forum posts that i have looked at in relation to this problem.  How can you expect to trouble shoot a problem with no logs of the crash & the errors it issued?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.