Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multiple TM751's set on HOUSE A  (Read 3879 times)

BoyntonStu

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Multiple TM751's set on HOUSE A
« on: October 16, 2010, 10:12:51 AM »

Assume 3 TM751's all set to HOUSE A.

Using 3 MS-16a's all set to HOUSE A; Unit 1,2 and 3

UM506's set to HOUSE A, 1,2, and 3

Would there a problem if more than one TM751 receives and transmits an A1 etc. signal at the same time?

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Multiple TM751's set on HOUSE A
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 10:25:28 AM »

Depends, why are you using 3 tm751's?  The tm751 is not polite which means it will step on any signal that is being sent, it won't wait for what ever signal to finish.  If your using the tm751's  in areas that the first tm751 can't reach then you probably won't have any problems. (Probably)
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

BoyntonStu

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 09:07:04 PM »

Depends, why are you using 3 tm751's?  The tm751 is not polite which means it will step on any signal that is being sent, it won't wait for what ever signal to finish.  If your using the tm751's  in areas that the first tm751 can't reach then you probably won't have any problems. (Probably)

By using a TM751 with its antenna at its minimum position and within a few feet of a MS-16a I hope to gain reliability of communication in a large house.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 09:31:01 PM »

In that situation the only proof of the pudding is to try it.  Everybody's house is different so it might work then again it might not.  Sorry I can't be more help but the only thing I can tell you is in my prior post. (and this one)  I hope  you get it working.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 08:13:02 AM »

If you have the TM751's isolated, it should work great.  By that, I mean if their power line signals don't collide.  That would happen if they were on the same leg of your home wiring, for example.  As hawk1 stated, any RF signal received by a TM751 would be transmit on the powerline at that time.  So if two TM751's received an RF signal, they would transmit it on the powerline, and if they are on the same phase, the signals would collide and may not get sent.  If only one receives the RF command, or if they were on different electrical phases, this could be avoided.

Another option would be to set one on house code A, one on B, one on C - OR use the PAT01, or RR501 transceivers, which are known to be more "polite".   ;)
>!

wmarkhay

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 03:37:23 PM »

That's kind of what I've done:  have one TM751 at house code H (nominally for House) and another at house code B (nominally for Basement), and they're on opposite phases.  I have a simple plug-in coupler-repeater in my dryer plug, with LEDs reading out what it receives and repeats, and it seems to pick up what it receives from both and transmits nicely to both phases.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.