Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: iWatchMobile**** IP Address Issue With Email Sent To Phone******  (Read 6605 times)

gmatu

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

This is my first time posting in the forum.  I looked, but didn't see in any of the iWatchMobile postings yet if anyone else is experiencing this.  The email that's generated out of AHP when I select on the Plug-In choose "Invite a Cell Phone", comes up with a URL link that uses my local IP from inside the firewall (1.92.168.1.xxx) with a port of 8777.  But obviously I can't reach this IP from my Blackberry 8100, or any external computer for that matter.  There seems to be no useable help information when I click on the [Help] link, either. It just takes me to the X10Wiki that show the same steps I mentioned above.  According to the ad that caused me to buy this software (which pops up right now as soon as you visit the X10.com home page), it specifically says "Works anywhere with internet access - 3G networks, 4G networks, Wi-Fi, Edge and more".  My Blackberry 8100 uses Edge, which is indicated on the ad.  It also says "View Live Streaming Video Of Your Home On Your Cell Phone From Anywhere In The World.  Works with ANY Smart Phone - Compatible with iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, palm, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola and more".  How can this be, if it can ONLY work Wi-Fi and ONLY within my local network (inside my own firewall)?  Am I completely off base or missing something here?  When I read that it works on an EDGE network and that it works with a BlackBerry, that tells me that it is SUPPOSED to work with my phone and I should be able to follow that link and connect to my X10 video devices no matter where I am, as long as I'm getting an EDGE network signal on my BlackBerry 8100 phone.  I purchased this software in good faith based on this specific information provide on the X10 website.  So why is it not working as advertised?

mcguyver

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: iWatchMobile**** IP Address Issue With Email Sent To Phone******
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 08:26:39 AM »

There are 2 versions of iwatchmobile. If you have a router you need to set up port forwarding. If you dont know how to do that you may want to buy the pro version which uses x10 server to send video so you dont have to worry about the port forwarding problem.
There is plenty of good information in all the posts here if you want to take the time to read them.
 >!
Blackberry Storm -3G only

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.