Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PIR Activity Monitor  (Read 3423 times)

Akonkagva

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
PIR Activity Monitor
« on: October 28, 2010, 02:21:25 PM »

Hi I am new to x10,

I would like to use combination of CM15Pro and MSE13 PIR Sensor to log the movement activity inside my flat.

How can I implement it ?

Is there any existing solutions ?

I will be happy to hear your comments !

Thanks,
Dan

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: PIR Activity Monitor
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 03:21:39 PM »

For this application there isn't much needed. In AHP name each MS with the name of the room it is located. Activity monitor will show an ON command from the MS when it detects movement in the room. After movement ceases for a period (1 minute minimum) the Activity Monitor will show the MS sending an OFF command.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Akonkagva

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 07:49:38 AM »

That's great Dave, but I am afraid I need something with smaller minimum cease time. Is there any other off-shelff products that would have a smaller minimum cease time ?
I need a wireless PIR device and a way to PIR On-Off data.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 10:08:34 AM »

That's great Dave, but I am afraid I need something with smaller minimum cease time. Is there any other off-shelff products that would have a smaller minimum cease time ?
No simple solution from X10. All their "standard" non sercurity system  motion sensors have one minute minimum. They also have the MS10A motion sensor which is used in their security system DS7000. With the "On Alert" plug-in AHP and the CM15A can receive the MS10 transmissions. But I do not know if it transmits every time it detects movment. I doubt it sends an OFF since it is made for security application. I am sure a forum member with more knowledge will chime in.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 10:31:47 AM »

I don't know about the off, but it does send the I am alive signal. I believe every few hours. That the console flags as a trouble zone if it is not received periodically.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 12:05:45 PM »

No simple solution from X10. All their "standard" non sercurity system  motion sensors have one minute minimum.

I think... all motion sensors have some sort of reset.. or delay between detection.

Akonkagva I think even the one minute delay would alllow for logging of activity. Are you trying to count people to detect the number of people in the apartment?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 12:37:08 PM »

The manuals for the motion sensors say. Ten seconds after a transmission is the wait time before anything will be detected. Including the MS13.

Default timeout after last detection of motion is one minute. The MS13 can be set to 1 minute {default} to 255 minutes delay after last detection for the off command.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »

If you don't need the "off" command, you can ignore it.
That would give you motion detection at 10-second intervals.
Set up a macro to trigger on the motion command, and it *SHOULD* fire every 10 seconds with continuous motion.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.