Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macros in the home Theater  (Read 4155 times)

partridgewest

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macros in the home Theater
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:52:24 PM »

I m starting a new project and automating my home theater.   I m trying to settle on a design for the lighting ( this is a refit ).

I want to be able to turn on the lights to  50 %  detected by motion, turn on the equipment at the same time. I have  a CM15A and 2 xpdf's.
( theater and outside theater aka lobby )

I can dim the lights then the program should start.

Here's the rub:
      if the lights are not dimmed off in 5 minutes,  turn them on to 100 % shut off the equipment
 and use the motion detector and it's delay for the lights as it normally would be.   I can probably assign a button to this as well that the lights are brightened and the equipment turns off but hey if I can automate it, why not?

Thanks for any one who can help me figure this stuff out.

Regs,
Frank

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Macros in the home Theater
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:23:29 PM »

I m starting a new project and automating my home theater.   I m trying to settle on a design for the lighting ( this is a refit ).

I want to be able to turn on the lights to  50 %  detected by motion, ( theater and outside theater aka lobby ) I have  a CM15A and 2 xpdf's

Interesting. It was my Home Theater that got me interested in Home Automation. Much has been written about theater lighting, seating, and audio distribution. However... I haven't read of a motion activated theater setup before.

Not sure about the "lights on at 50%" setup. You might have to turn them on and then dim them... not the same effect. You'll also want to consider the "end of the movie lighting". I do ONLY a couple small side lights.... everything else I tried was just too bright after a long movie. I also have some "during the movie lighting" as people do tend to use the rest room, or refill drinks, or popcorn [whatever].

I do the equipment setup all via macros. A one button (watch a movie) starts everything (and turns off the overhead lighting as well). I don't think I'd put equipment on X10... or motion detectors. I keep my equipment on well protected devices to protect it from lighting.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.