Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need just CM15A driver  (Read 6120 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Need just CM15A driver
« on: November 01, 2010, 08:24:02 AM »

I just had a major PC failure, and on top of that, my CM15A thinks that daylight savings time just ended. 

While I re-build my PC system, really need to reset the clock in my CM15A.

I need just the CM15A driver, not ActiveHome Pro.   Can someone please help me out.  Is there some where I can download just the driver? 
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Need just CM15A driver
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 08:25:27 AM »

What "drives" the CM15A is AHP!!!   You have to do a reinstall of AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 09:58:40 AM »

The answer to your question is, yes.  You can download just the drivers from this page.  http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm  But as Dan stated to changed the time and reset your CM15 you will need AHP installed.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 10:34:51 AM »

I just had a major PC failure.....

I feel your pain! I had a lighting strike [a couple years ago] that kill a bunch of my setup. It was heartbreaking.

Now, I regularly update my desktop so it can take over in the event of a failure of my HA PC. But I know reloading and setting up any new PC can be a hassle. I also keep a CD of downloaded programs handy to make reloading easier. Lastly I keep a flashdrive with AHX (Active Home Pro) files as well as my BVC files.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 11:22:36 AM »

Just because AHP is so critical to me, I actually have AHP installed to a flash drive.  I figured if ever needed, I could "borrow" a PC and run AHP off that flash drive.   The flash drive also has all my configuration files. 

Well, that works, but the piece I forgot was the device driver for the CM15a itself.   :o

I don't think I can re-install AHP from scratch because until I can access my email again, I don't have access to the registration keys.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 11:32:55 AM »

The answer to your question is, yes.  You can download just the drivers from this page.  http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm 

Is the correct file the one named "X10 USB Wireless Remote Drivers:  CM15A, CM19A, ALL USB Transceivers"  ? ? ? ?

After downloading, when I run that install file, I get an error "Could not communicate to the network server error 26".    Why is it even attempting to "talk" with any network server?   

Again, all I need is the CM15A device driver, not AHP itself.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:02:42 PM by Walt2 »

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 11:59:46 AM »

That should be the one.  I don't know why your getting the error though.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 12:51:08 PM »

Why is it even attempting to "talk" with any network server?
In an effort to make sure you always get the latest software, the installer/setup file doesn't contain the drivers itself. It downloads them from X10's server. Thus, the computer you use the Setup file on should be connected to the internet.
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »

FWIW
If you had a hard drive crash, I have resurrected a hard drive, using the freezer trick, long enough to backup data on another drive. You basically put the drive in the freezer overnight and then re-install in computer and hope the cold shrinks the bearings enough to re-spin the platter or unsieze the head arm. The fix is temporary.
A Google will provide more details.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 01:06:12 PM »

Its the main motherboard itself which is shot.   Apparently, the motherboard had a suicide pack with some other components too.   As far as I can tell, the hard drive is OK.  However, given a little time, I am sure I will get the PC running again.

The urgency I have today with my CM15A is that it did the old DST change this past weekend.  I need to, therefore, reset its clock back to the correct time or my entire life will be off by an hour.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 01:09:06 PM »

In an effort to make sure you always get the latest software, the installer/setup file doesn't contain the drivers itself. It downloads them from X10's server. Thus, the computer you use the Setup file on should be connected to the internet.

Is there some way to directly download the CM15a's driver?   The temp PC I am attempting to use with my CM15a, doesn't have direct internet connection.  I need to download (like from my PC here at work), and move the driver file over to it.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 02:08:11 PM »

Just follow the link:  http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

See the image below.... select (click) the blue line. Click save... then save to your desktop or flash drive.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.