Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ver. 3.295  (Read 7786 times)

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Ver. 3.295
« on: November 03, 2010, 06:39:25 AM »

I was up early and noticed an update to 3.295 thanks to a AHP Dev message.

It WORKS and all problems reported have supsided and we have an awesome AHP running great.

Email is up and running, ftp execution are perfect, ninja is running a bit faster, so it seems :-\. OnAlert is functions nicely, though I do see a new activity of MTCDDVD in relation to RF from sensors. But at least the activity is calmed down and all the new features are still there and working.

Still discovering, but I will say  :)% AWSOME  :)%  job X10 on a great product AND service to your customers.  #:)

>!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Ver. 3.295
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »

Well, maybe THIS version will fix my issues. There is only one way to find out....

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »

When installing this release will it also update all currently installed plugins such as SmartMacros, OnAlert, OnAlert Mobile, etc or do I need to download those plugins as well?

Thanks for you help

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 11:27:27 AM »

When installing this release will it also update all currently installed plugins such as SmartMacros, OnAlert, OnAlert Mobile, etc or do I need to download those plugins as well?

Thanks for you help

From my experience, the installer is designed to update the plugins at the same time as the main program.

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 02:17:04 PM »

Thanks for you help

Starting with release 295, all AHP system files and plugin files get updated with each installer.  So you just need to run a single installer.  Prior to 295, some plugins were updated with a single installer, but other plugins (such as iWatchout or MyHouse) which had specialized files would need their own installer run as well.

J.B.

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 02:58:18 PM »

For some reason with this 3.295 build I'm not seeing arm/disarm commands in the activity monitor.
Instead I see M MTCDDVD.
I haven't noticed A00TV or M Unknown, but not seeing any security commands is kind of a pain now.

The email issue seems to have been fixed though.
Thanks for the quick fix on this.

ErikP

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 04:27:32 PM »

As part of the 00TV and A unknown activity monitor fix I updated the activity monitor to report a lot of new commands, but it looks like one of them at least is interfering with correctly displaying security codes.  I am fixing this now and will have a minor update to 296 soon.  Anyone having any other problems with 295 that i can fix today? :)

lsammarco

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 04:28:42 PM »

So how do I get v3.295?

J.B.

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »

As part of the 00TV and A unknown activity monitor fix I updated the activity monitor to report a lot of new commands, but it looks like one of them at least is interfering with correctly displaying security codes.  I am fixing this now and will have a minor update to 296 soon.  Anyone having any other problems with 295 that i can fix today? Smiley

Thanks.

So far, anything else I've had a chance to look over seems to be working quite well.

Thanks again for the updates.

So, with new builds once 3.296 is released, anyone with all the plug-ins can just update with a single installer and have all core files updated for all plug-ins?

So how do I get v3.295?

You can find any x10 software and updates here:

http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 04:38:27 PM by J.B. »

ErikP

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 06:01:49 PM »

So, with new builds once 3.296 is released, anyone with all the plug-ins can just update with a single installer and have all core files updated for all plug-ins?
You should be able to update all of your plugins with any installer with 295 now, and going forward all of the installers will do this as well.  Even if you don't have all of the plugins, running an updated installer for a plugin you already have installed will update all of the files for the ActiveHome Pro software you do have.  If you are doing a clean install you will still need to run all the plugin installers to rebuild what plugins are accessible.

BaBaLou.

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 06:16:29 PM »

The update of 3.295 is doing its job very well so far at all my locations.  :)%

The error line M MTCDDVD is there and noticed it coming from the RF signal of my MS sensors but my DS sensor or remotes is not reporting at all in the Activity monitor. The sensors show they are working and functioning correctly with macros and the DS7000 unit as well in AHP but reporter differently in the activity report. There are the lack of other activity reported and all are in relationship to OnAlert.

Other than that. It has functioned very nicely as far as I have tell.

One bonus for me is, with all these changes to AHP, trying the pro version OnAlert for my BB bold 9000 ( it seems you have one to test it on ) would be a nice addition for me to make very soon.

Thanks for all the attention to the forum.

I would not be out of place to say that if X10 want to sell the hype, then facebook and such is fine. Got a problem and an honest responce, then the members of the forum go far and beyond the call of loyalty to help anyone. The problem is rooted out and on there way. A happy customer for all.
Fix the problem, increase the interest and fine tune a product and sell, sell sell, were ever you can.

This recent update and other new stuff has added to my addiction to the world of automation and X10, would do anything to help feed the addiction.

Many Many thanks

J.B.

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 06:35:11 PM »

You should be able to update all of your plugins with any installer with 295 now, and going forward all of the installers will do this as well.  Even if you don't have all of the plugins, running an updated installer for a plugin you already have installed will update all of the files for the ActiveHome Pro software you do have.  If you are doing a clean install you will still need to run all the plugin installers to rebuild what plugins are accessible.

Thanks for verifying.
This will make updates a bit quicker and easier which is a plus.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 11:45:43 PM »

As part of the 00TV and A unknown activity monitor fix I updated the activity monitor to report a lot of new commands, but it looks like one of them at least is interfering with correctly displaying security codes.  I am fixing this now and will have a minor update to 296 soon.  Anyone having any other problems with 295 that i can fix today? :)
Not so much a problem, but how about giving the option of writing the Activity Log to a Human-readable format in an external log file? That would make backing up the log really easy.

J.B.

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 11:56:34 PM »

I don't see why you can't do this now.
If you open the Activity Monitor, click file, save as, and save the log, you can easily open it in FireFox etc...

If you change the files extension to .txt you can also read it in plain text.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:59:26 PM by J.B. »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 06:36:34 AM »

Yes, but I can only do that by going through the interface.
I would like to see an option to have AHP dump the log out automatically, preferably in real-time.
That way, it would get included in my nightly backup, AND I can check the event logs easily from another PC.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.