Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ver. 3.295  (Read 7757 times)

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Ver. 3.295
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 06:47:40 AM »

Ah, ok, I see what you're saying now.  :'
I agree, that could be convenient.

Henri T

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • using X-10 since '80s ...
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 08:55:29 AM »

Hi guys !

After I've installed 3.296 over 3.293, the x10nets service didn't started.

I tried to start it manually with  no success. 

It cause macros and other things to not working properly.

What can I do to repair this ?
Thank you !
:) Automation is funny with X10 Gadgets ! ;)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 09:09:24 AM »

Ah, ok, I see what you're saying now.  :'
I agree, that could be convenient.
Especially now that they have hard-coded in some "filters" to the Activity log, so we can't even see what is REALLY going on.
Giving us an option to dump EVERYTHING out to a real-time log file (perhaps give us the option of filtering it ourselves - or use a separate tool on your own to do that) would let us see what is not being shown, and might help us diagnose trouble we might be having.
For example, hiding the "Receive RF A Unknown" lines doesn't help me if I'm trying to resolve the CAUSE of that problem. Now I have no way of knowing if my CM15A is re-initializing every few hours (or more often, even), since there is n indicator of it in the logs anymore.

If they don't want to put that into AHP, then give us a standalone tool that can do it. I can't imagine it is that hard for them to write it.

ErikP

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 07:32:42 PM »

Hi guys !

After I've installed 3.296 over 3.293, the x10nets service didn't started.

I tried to start it manually with  no success. 

It cause macros and other things to not working properly.

What can I do to repair this ?

Do you get any error when trying to start the service?  What version of windows are you using?  Almost nothing should work if the x10net service did not start properly.

Not so much a problem, but how about giving the option of writing the Activity Log to a Human-readable format in an external log file? That would make backing up the log really easy.
I would like to see an option to have AHP dump the log out automatically, preferably in meantime.
That way, it would get included in my nightly backup, AND I can check the event logs easily from another PC
Its not human readable, but by default the history files are at "C:\ProgramData\X10 Settings".  I did a quick test and was able to transfer the history log to another computer by copying that folder over.  Its not the whole solution you have suggested, and there are some other settings and saved variable files in that folder, but hopefully it will help you in the meantime.  I will add your requests to the list of suggested features as well.

Especially now that they have hard-coded in some "filters" to the Activity log, so we can't even see what is REALLY going on.
The only non-configurable filters at the moment are for this command specifically and for security codes you are not monitoring.  So you are seeing pretty close to everything as it is.

I can certainly turn A RF Transceiver Initialize back on if you want it.  I don't think we will do a special release just for this, but it wouldn't be hard to add for next build.  We filtered this out because it is one of the signals which is internal only and never used to be logged to the activity monitor.  It is also not a very useful message to have.  It simply means the transceiver completed a handshake with the PC, which it does quite a lot for many reasons.  It doesn't mean your hardware was offline, or that an error occurred, and is just normal operation to happen from time to time.

Henri T

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • using X-10 since '80s ...
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 01:03:02 AM »

I'm using MS Windows XP SP2 on Pentium 4  2.8GHz with 1.5 Go of RAM.
It's a old machine dedicated for AHP.

After a reboot, the service was started correctly.

Thanks.
Thank you !
:) Automation is funny with X10 Gadgets ! ;)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 06:54:12 AM »

I can certainly turn A RF Transceiver Initialize back on if you want it.  I don't think we will do a special release just for this, but it wouldn't be hard to add for next build.  We filtered this out because it is one of the signals which is internal only and never used to be logged to the activity monitor.  It is also not a very useful message to have.  It simply means the transceiver completed a handshake with the PC, which it does quite a lot for many reasons.  It doesn't mean your hardware was offline, or that an error occurred, and is just normal operation to happen from time to time.

Erik -
This is the first time I've heard that the multiple handshakes per day is NORMAL. I've been working with Kevin, and he told me that it is NOT normal, and should not be happening as often as it is.
I have found that the handshaking often occurs immediately following some timer commands, and that the ones immediately after that don't run (or in some cases they DO run, but are not logged by the system).

Kevin indicated to me that this IS a problem, and he was working with the developers to track it down and find a fix. He also said he suspected that this frequent handshaking might be what is causing my flags to "error on" from time to time.

I hope this can get resolved soon.

Thanks.

peg-leg

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 05:46:53 PM »

Is the hourly handshake the same thing as the hourly reporting from DS10A's?  If so, not reporting these events might solve issues I've had with garage door DS10a's reporting falsely and being anounced through BVC. ie: ("the garage door is closed", each hour.)  I've solved this issue with a couple macros, but simplicity would be better.

ErikP

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 09:13:43 PM »

These two signals are unrelated.

I think the hourly report from the DS10A is just a normal signal.  It does not differentiate itself from a valid state change signal in any way, so I don't think we could filter this signal out without breaking valid functionality either way.

david

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 03:44:11 PM »

Sheesh all these posts about nightmare upgrades and version numbers ... Should I really upgrade at all if everything's working (sort of)? All I want is for it to be faster and more reliable. Really.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.