Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: New AHP Version 3.296 Released 11/06/2010  (Read 29590 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: New AHP Version 3.296 Released 11/06/2010
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 09:57:37 AM »

I too get the crud A TV rf sent stuff.  but have even in at least 3.271 too.  Mine come anywhere from 0 sec to 20 minutes after a security sensor send.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 10:15:23 AM »

PL, this version still does not work on duck,dawn,day,nite.  accept that.  I use a switch with timer I SET to turn ON at 7am, OFF at 1800hours and have a DAY macro that just sets flag 1, a nite Macro for when this sw goes off to clear flag 1.  this continues to work for day/nite/dusk/dawn triggers on all my macros.

and this version also continues to work for sending an email if macro triggers AND condition is flag 1 off.  My old test macro watching same trigger with condition day and nite continue to NOT work with this version.

Please just change your dusk/dawn to a flag YOU set with a timer and your email alerts will work like mine have for years and still do with this new version.

That's a really clever idea to use a flag to determine day/night status for conditions. If you can reliably use a dusk/dawn timer on a macro to set the flag, then it should be accurate across the year, too. It also saves on one of the condition slots ("Daytime" and "Nighttime" each require two condition slots - flag status only requires one).

I'm not using the e-mail send feature, so I don't need this ... yet, but I'll keep it in mind.

mike

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 10:46:46 AM »

That's a really clever idea to use a flag to determine day/night status for conditions. If you can reliably use a dusk/dawn timer on a macro to set the flag.....................

OOPS!  since dusk/dawn/day/nite does not work for me on any of my 3 systems, and has not since like ver 3.228, it also does not work in a timer!  use it in a timer and the timer wont work either!  I must use my own on off times here too.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 11:04:31 AM »

OOPS!  since dusk/dawn/day/nite does not work for me on any of my 3 systems, and has not since like ver 3.228, it also does not work in a timer!  use it in a timer and the timer wont work either!  I must use my own on off times here too.

That's really strange. Have you asked X10 for help with that?
Do the dusk/dawn tables look correct (in the Hardware Configuration screen)? If not, check your location, and also the system time zone (in Windows).
Have you tried a full uninstall and reinstall of the latest version?

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2010, 08:16:01 AM »

Me too.  That's one of the reasons I stuck with 3.228 for so long, and why I haven't tried 3.296.

In my debugging, I think the problem is that your .ahx files aren't "translating" correctly between the versions.   The solution is probably to delete all your existing .ahx files and start from scratch, but IMHO, that is a ridiculous solution.  If there is indeed an inter-version "translating" problem, then AHP should provide a fix (a utility to read the old .ahx, fix the problem, and re-save it).  But that's probably beyond any X10's programmer's ability.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 08:18:04 AM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2010, 09:21:33 AM »

Me too.  That's one of the reasons I stuck with 3.228 for so long, and why I haven't tried 3.296.

In my debugging, I think the problem is that your .ahx files aren't "translating" correctly between the versions.   The solution is probably to delete all your existing .ahx files and start from scratch, but IMHO, that is a ridiculous solution.  If there is indeed an inter-version "translating" problem, then AHP should provide a fix (a utility to read the old .ahx, fix the problem, and re-save it).  But that's probably beyond any X10's programmer's ability.

I haven't had a problem with my dusk/dawn/day/nite timers working, but maybe the dusk/dawn table is corrupted, and needs to be rewritten. One thing you might try (it can't really hurt), is to change the location in AHP to something very different, so that the entire dusk/dawn table gets re-written. Next, since you aren't using any dusk/dawn timers (nothing for the incorrect table to mess up), create a test timer, based on dusk/dawn, and see if it triggers when the new table says it should.
If that works, then you can try changing the location back to your own, and syncing again. See if the test timer runs at the correct times.

Just a suggestion - I have no idea if it will work or not.

mike

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2010, 05:23:28 PM »

cool idea.  just tried it, but can.t...............

are u telling me you have TIME ZONES THAT WORK??

I haven.t had time zones that work for YEARS!

my time zone pull down has 1 choice:  custom.  has had this for years.

so I cannot try your idea although it sounded encouraging.....

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2010, 05:27:52 PM »

Are you missing the ICities file inside the AHP folder?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2010, 11:22:19 AM »

Are you missing the ICities file inside the AHP folder?
I second that question. If you only have "custom" then it is likely your AHP is either missing the ICities.xml file, or it is corrupted.
I can send you that file if you send me your e-mail address.

--Noam

mike

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2010, 02:47:04 PM »

mine is there on this win7 64b machine, dated 5/9/2008 and is 514.420kb in size.

ok so you prompted me to replace it with one from my office machine across town - same size & date and that machine did show Dayton, OH.... but its day/nite doesnt work either for that matter..  Now I have Dayton, OH.  times are the same - they did not change.  it was interesting trying alaska - did u know dawn is 1900 hours and dusk is..... ready for this... 1900 hours today?  cool.  anyway, my switch with dawn-dusk still did not turn on - has same 7:29am 5:16pm in it on switch for dawn & dusk which is right for this time of year.  let me close ahp and restart in case it only changes at those times....no change.  maybe ahp only changes switch states AT THE TIME COMMANDED and so just cuz I now have dayton, oh listed, it wont change state of sw until next event.  I will turn it on and wait for 5:16pm and see if it turns off.  maybe this was the issue.

thanks for ideas. 

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2010, 08:48:53 PM »

AHP will only change the on/off state of the switch in the program if it turns the switch onor off, or if it gets commands (from a remote, or another PLC device) that turn the switch on or off.
It doesn't change based on what SHOULD be happening, if timers ran at the right times.

I hope that makes sense.

mike

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 07:13:56 AM »

i missed watching dusk turn off my sw timer - closed ahp by mistake earlier..  so just made some test switches, macros with conditions it is day...  tried them.  still dont work.  so guess it wasn't case of timezones file.  sure wish i knew why some folks work and others dont...

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 08:53:44 AM »

I haven't had a problem with my dusk/dawn/day/nite timers working, but maybe the dusk/dawn table is corrupted, and needs to be rewritten. One thing you might try (it can't really hurt), is to change the location in AHP to something very different, so that the entire dusk/dawn table gets re-written. Next, since you aren't using any dusk/dawn timers (nothing for the incorrect table to mess up), create a test timer, based on dusk/dawn, and see if it triggers when the new table says it should.
If that works, then you can try changing the location back to your own, and syncing again. See if the test timer runs at the correct times.

Just a suggestion - I have no idea if it will work or not.

Its been a while since I went thru this, but I found invalid dates in the ahpeeprom file.  Going back to 3.228 cleared them back up.   Yea, if Mike C was still around, I would have emailed him the files and hope that AHP would be fixed.  However, the best and easiest thing to do at the time, was return back to 3.228.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

mike

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2010, 08:54:21 AM »

what gives?  I just had to reboot computer for another program update and when ahp restarted, NOW my dawn/dusk condition in macro works??  I had closed and reopened it after overwriting the icities file b4.

Guess it is time to not look gift horse in the mouth and go with the flow!

Did cause a question tho:  condition DAY or nite says requires "2 entries" so I added AND weekday...  just removed the AND weekday and macro still works with just 1 entry "dawn."  What does this mean?

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2010, 09:38:52 AM »

what gives?  I just had to reboot computer for another program update and when ahp restarted, NOW my dawn/dusk condition in macro works??  I had closed and reopened it after overwriting the icities file b4.

Did you kill the x10nets process before you reopened AHP?
The restart would have done this and it is my guess that is why it is now working after updating the ICities.xml file.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.