Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smart Macro not respecting delay timer  (Read 2287 times)

Gatman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Smart Macro not respecting delay timer
« on: November 04, 2010, 11:28:04 PM »

I have a motion sensor outside that triggers a smart macro to turns lights on when we come home in the evening.  I have the motion sensor configured to send the off code after 1 minute.  I have the smart macro configured to pause for 8 minutes before continuing and turn off the lights that were turned on by the on code.  Right now when the off code is sent the macro is executed without delay whatsoever, no delay.

I understand that I could put the delay in the motion sensor itself but this method should work as well.  Other macros seem to be running properly.  Seen this before?  I am going to recreate this macro and see what happens.

TIA.

Paul

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
Re: Smart Macro not respecting delay timer
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 01:10:23 AM »

Hey Paul,
I had so many macros at one point, I wound up with a macro triggered by On and another one in a different 'Room'
set to trigger by off. Too much experimenting, playing, and not enough Change Management discipline :)
I'm sure you don't have another macro with the Trigger Off (same HC/UC).
What does that activity log say?
Try setting the motion sensor for a two-minute off delay and see if the "8-minute" macro follows suit. I've had strange
things happen with delays. I eventually found that changing the delay by a few seconds and re-blasting that into the
MS15 corrected the wierdness. You might also try blowing away the memory in the MS15 and re-writing fresh. Make
sure the dusk/dawn code for that sensor doesn't trigger yet another macro to turn off those lights. Not likely but...
good luck,
mike
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 09:17:22 AM »

Is the house and unit code for the motion sensor and the light the same?  If it is then change one of them and also change in your macro.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Gatman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 04:01:37 PM »

The macro looks like this:

Motion Sensor (I3) sees motion at night and sends an I3 ON code.  I3 in AHP Pro is a smart macro that performs a couple things: I5 brighten to 100%, I9 ON, G3 ON, G4 ON, G10 ON.  This basically illuminates the path from the garage to the living room.  After 1 minute, the motion sensor I3 would send an Off code.  I3 OFF is a smart macro and is programed to do this: DELAY 8min, I5 dim to 40%, I9 OFF, G3 OFF, G4 OFF, and G10 OFF.  If I trigger this macro either via the motion sensor or using a palm pad set to house code I, I get the same result.  When I press I3 OFF, I5 immediately dims and the rest get turned off.  The log file reflects the command being transmitted one after the other.

I have since changed the motion sensor itself to use an 8 minute delay before sending it's OFF code.  I have other smart macros that also have delay statements in them and they seem to operate properly.  Not sure what it up.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 04:20:25 PM »

try making a dummy switch like (d4  or something your not using) then put that switch in the off macro as the first command, then delay 8 minutes and so on.  See if that will work.  Maybe the macro doesn't like to start with a delay, I don't know though.  Just something you can try.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.