Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: EagleEye bracket  (Read 4056 times)

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
EagleEye bracket
« on: November 05, 2010, 11:32:37 PM »

I went to the hardware store today with an EagleEye MS14a with the intention of trying to piece together an easily removable, adjustable bracket and I came home empty handed.

I have an idea of what I want but not sure what the parts are called so it's hard to ask for them.

I was thinking of using the two holes in the back for (2) 4-40 bolts and put two nuts on them in a somewhat locked fashion

Then I need some sort of flat but offset bracket to slide between the two bolts, so a little less than an inch wide

This way, you can either mount the offset bracket directly on a flat wall, and slide the eagleeye onto it, or you can mount the flat offset bracket to another angled/bendable bracket for mounting in the corner near the ceiling, or outside along the roof line.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: EagleEye bracket
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 09:32:33 AM »

I've mentioned several times here.. I mount the "Eye" sensors using self-sticking Velcro.

Although sticking the Velcro on the sensor at room temperature and allowing to set for a while seems great for the sensor. Outside I found it is often too hot or too cold for the sticky backed Velcro to setup well. So I use staples or tacks with the plain Velcro for outside.

I have also found that in some areas it is/was best to mount the Velcro on a piece of wood. Then I hang or mount the wood in a conventional manner. The idea for me was to be able to retrieve the sensor for battery changing and reprogramming (I don't like being on ladders). This way all the hassle is at least done with both feet firmly on the ground.

RCaddict devised a way to mount sensors using LEGOS
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 09:36:27 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Mel99

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 10:28:25 AM »

I use Flush Mount picture hangers.  One type is made by Anchor Wire and its part # is 121157.  I like another kind better that I got from Ace hardware.  It is not marked with a brand, but the Ace SKU# is 674497.

Both are metal brackets bent such that the middle portion sticks out and interlocks with the middle part of its mate.  With a little adjustment, the holes match up ok.  You may have to bend the brackets a little for clearance depending on what type of fastener you use.

I have used aluminum pop rivets which can be flattend a lot.  And on another set, I backed up one side of the holes with tape and made sort of an epoxy rivet from the other side.

Good luck.

Mel

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 12:36:35 PM »

Thanks Mel Ace is where I usually go  -:)

Mel99

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 10:10:14 AM »

I use Flush Mount picture hangers.  One type is made by Anchor Wire and its part # is 121157.  I like another kind better that I got from Ace hardware.  It is not marked with a brand, but the Ace SKU# is 674497.

The SKU# 674497 is not one of Ace Hardware, but one of True Value Hardware.  I did some research when I could not find the item at Ace and when I went to True Value, the guy there confirmed the SKU in his reference book.  The bracket is located in the speciality hardware section.  You know, where they have all these little drawers that have small items in them.

True Value staff generally did not know about flush mounted hangers in general, but when shown the SKU, were able to find it.

Sorry for the misinformation.

Mel

B.A.

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 12:22:46 PM »

Out of not wanting to drill holes in my brick, I have started using this adhesive tape with an
adjustable industrial sensor bracket to mount my Eagle eyes. Works great so far and easy enough to
remove to change location.
Kind of pricy but with the convenience of not drilling holes in brick and being able to relocate, I think it's worth it.

https://uglu.mixdirect.com/

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.