Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What is the latest stable release?  (Read 8595 times)

woodyl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
What is the latest stable release?
« on: November 08, 2010, 05:27:14 PM »

I'm using version 3.228.  I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade to a later version. I know that the last time I tried a later release it was buggy and unusable.  What is considered to be the latest release that's stable enough to use? 

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: What is the latest stable release?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 06:26:24 PM »

Believe it or else, the ONLY the only version to avoid is 3.236.  Everything else is fine.  I'm running 3.271 with no plug-ins (Don't need them. and it's running fine all timers work as written and my single keypress macro runs correctly.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

systemdm

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 07:43:27 PM »

I must be one of the lucky ones.....3.236 is working fine for me with plug-ins..... ;D

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 08:48:39 PM »

I must be one of the lucky ones.....3.236 is working fine for me with plug-ins..... ;D
3.294 created some bugs, every other recent build has been an improvement on the one before it.  I recommend the latest release 296.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 10:17:18 PM »

It didn't for me (no plug-ins), but as a clean install it may work fine.

woodyl

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 04:07:31 PM »

Since it's been a while since I installed any AHP software, let me ask:  should I uninstall the old version before I update?  If I install the new updated version, will it automatically have the previous licence info?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 04:27:11 PM »

Since it's been a while since I installed any AHP software, let me ask:  should I uninstall the old version before I update?  If I install the new updated version, will it automatically have the previous licence info?
Installing the latest version as an upgrade to what you currently have installed is supposed to carry over all your licenses, settings, timers, etc.
I think that uninstalling wipes all that out, so you might be better off doing the upgrade.
Some users have reported problems doing it as an upgrade, but it seems that many (most?) users, myself included, have not had those issues.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 08:47:18 PM »

If everybody backed up their registration code(s) doing a full uninstall/reinstall is not a problem as a new install the first time has the registration info in the e-mail X10 sends.  I don't use any plug-ins (don't need or want) but my registration code was backed up (even though the E-mail still exists in the X10 folder in Outlook).

woodyl

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 01:19:09 PM »

I did it as an upgrade without uninstalling the old program and it worked fine for me.

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 07:17:16 PM »

Just to make it official, there is no need to uninstall before doing a new install. 

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 07:37:07 PM »

Are you sure of that?   I first got AHP in 2005 and every upgrade to it over the next 5 years was a mass of one version installed  over another., so the upgrade to version 3.236 was unworkable, timers refused to run, so that's when I backdated to 3.204/3.228 I totally uninstalled AHP and the two folders it creates. When I installed 3.204 and immediately upgraded to 3.228 (that's the only way you get it) it ran fine.

So any time a new version comes out, I do the uninstall completely and the new version begins with new folders and they run fine.     

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 07:47:43 PM »

My guess would be something became corrupt and the full removal and reinstall repaired that.
Normally, I do not fully uninstall and just run the newer installer without issue.
There have been several versions that had some bugs and this could make it look as though the upgrade caused the issue. (Which in a sense would have)
The latest 3.296 build seems to be working fairly well for me, so far.  >!

david

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 03:40:07 PM »

Why are the buggy versions still available? I would think that x10 people would have removed them and only made available the most stable version? Or...???

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 05:48:49 PM »

It appears the ONLY buggy version is 3.203.   All the rest are used by the X10 users.

vantech

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 08:28:08 PM »

why is it when i go to help and hit update my AHP says that 3.228 is the latest verion and there are no updates available ???? :(
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.